Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Lady behind me on Magnum on the brake run, points to Corkscrew: "Which one is that? Double Loop?"

Wrong Brake run, DL's cars are currently inside Mean Streak and visible from the MCBR. Though she isn't, 100% wrong, as DL's cars are being used for parts on corkscrew's cars.

However in any case DL was a Funtime ride as Corkscrew has always been a FUN ride. (PT hoping someone will get it.)

• Like 1

Lady behind me on Magnum on the brake run, points to Corkscrew: "Which one is that? Double Loop?"

Wrong Brake run, DL's cars are currently inside Mean Streak and visible from the MCBR. Though she isn't, 100% wrong, as DL's cars are being used for parts on corkscrew's cars.

However in any case DL was a Funtime ride as Corkscrew has always been a FUN ride. (PT hoping someone will get it.)

I get it :lol: .

while in line for Firehawk, map in hands, a guy asks while pointing to FoF: "is that Flight of Fear?"

sounds stupid now but i laughed when i happened

Hey, give them credit. They new what they were talking about. Some people just don't know how to read a map.

Today while in line for the crypt, one of these kids behind me goes.. "Is that shrine thing still in there?".. and his friend replies and says.." Of what? Micheal Jackson?"... I just thought that was hysterical!

• Like 1

Today while in line for the crypt, one of these kids behind me goes.. "Is that shrine thing still in there?".. and his friend replies and says.." Of what? Micheal Jackson?"... I just thought that was hysterical!

Wow, really? That's funny though!

RIP Michael Jackson. (The memorial was so sad!)

*ahem* Back on topic.

I had to add this as soon as I heard it yesterday.

While at the local Mcdonalds for lunch I over heard 2 employees talking about Kings Island because one just got back from visiting. The one asked the name of the new coaster. She replied I didnt ride it, but its name is something snake. As the two stared at each other for a little bit, the one employee said, "I remember now, its Dragon Snake." The other employee quickly agreed and stated how much she wants to ride Dragon Snake and how cool the name is. At this point my food was ready and I politely stated that the ride name is Diamondback. They both looked at me and advised me I was wrong, I stared back in disbelief, shook my head and walked away. Seriously what is a "Dragon Snake."

• Like 1

While at the park last night (5/30), after it started lightning 2 guys ran past us saying "Let's go hit the wooden coasters. No, No, No metal coasters! There's no metal on the wooden ones!"

Metal.. shew.. :lol:

That was funny.My friend thought i meant to but i said later i was just kidding.

It goes to show you you never know what you say will end up at guest say the darnest things forums.

This was awhile ago (During RWW I think) but for whatever reason i'm just thinking of it now. The KIC group was standing on the midway under Diamondback's first drop taking pictures of it, and a guest comes up to us and says "Hey, if you guys want to get some good pictures of The Firehawk (He points at Diamondback) then go out behind the exit to Tomb Raider."

We were all too polite to say anything ;) Lol.

• Like 1

While in line for Vortex earlier, the lady behind me was telling her friend that Vortex "is the only upside down coaster at Kings Island since they took Son of Beast out". She then added "unless that Fireflight thing or whatever it's called goes upside down.".

• Like 1

While on the way to Kings Island my sister kept asking me "Is the Timberwolf Nice?" I kept saying stuff like "I've never seen a show there..." And she's like "But you've stayed there a few times, you just went there last December!" I kept telling her it's not open in December than she said yes it is, That's why they made the Water Park Indoors. Than I realized she was Talking about Great Wolf Lodge not Timberwolf, the stage in Action Zone.

A Ride Operator in Diamondback's station- I told this guy that this was my 50th. Ride On Diamondback and he said "Pshhhh.. that's Pathetic! Darlene Has ridden it over 7,000 times!" I tried to tell him that she had only ridden it 350 times (At the time it was.) He said "No she's at 7,000 now, she's been riding alot!"

• Like 1

In the Festhaus Panda Express, a lady wanted to buy a smaller, 'value portion' because she claimed she couldn't eat a whole entree, and I'm sure she didn't want to pay $8.50. I felt bad for the girls behind the counter, but I wished one of them would have said something to the effect of, "The portions aren't huge, they're just really expensive"

• Like 1

My friend and I rode Vortex today. All was well until we were sitting there waiting to unload. The guy behind us began saying VERY loudly about how "it was such a shame that a girl got her arm chopped off on this ride." I was going to try to correct him, but I figured it would be a lost cause, so I just shook my head and let it go. I gotta give him credit though, that's one rumor I had never heard before. :)

• Like 1

I can't remember for the life of me where this one happened, I'm thinking it was at Worlds of Fun, but I can't be certain. It was a park out of state, I remember that much.

I was wearing a Kings Island shirt (The Beast, IIRC) and someone asked how Diamondback was. I replied it was awesome. Someone else in a different part of the line said "Oh yeah, isn't it the tallest in the world?" :blink: <-- I gave them that exact face and said "um.. not even close." This person apparently did not realize there are two 400+ foot coasters, so I had to explain Dragster and Ka to them.

• Like 1

while standing in line on my last trip i heard a lot of people point out rides and mistake them for others...

...silly christians :rolleyes:

rotag, not saying that he aint a jesus lover, but also, simaltaniously doesn't go out on a limb to be labeled as a jesus freak.