Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

while standing in line on my last trip i heard a lot of people point out rides and mistake them for others...

...silly christians :rolleyes:

rotag, not saying that he aint a jesus lover, but also, simaltaniously doesn't go out on a limb to be labeled as a jesus freak.

Thanks for sterotyping all Christians. If you don't want to be around that crowd then don't go those days, it only 3 days out of the summer

• Like 1

while standing in line on my last trip i heard a lot of people point out rides and mistake them for others...

...silly christians :rolleyes:

rotag, not saying that he aint a jesus lover, but also, simaltaniously doesn't go out on a limb to be labeled as a jesus freak.

I don't appreciate that sir.

• Like 1

I don't appreciate that sir.

No doubt. I believe in JC, and live by his example. That being said, it was a little creepy to see some old guy in the DB line asking/teaching a little girl (who he did not know) about the scripture quote on her shirt. I guess to me, your faith should shape who you are and what you do...not something you need to broadcast or try to convert people to.

Either way, everyone is different and it's never good to generalize entire populations. We should be glad that we live in a country where that diversity is tolerated.

• Like 2

i wasnt trying to sterotype ALL christans, just a simple observation.

plus that day i went i had no clue about the spirit song thing till one hour after i got there, and i aint wasting a 1.5 hour drive{one way}.

i am sorry to anyone i offended, and because of this i rarly express my religous opinions.

it shouldn't matter whether your ...

catholic

babptist

presbiterian

budhist

jewish

or any other form of religion cause we are all here for a reason

and i am dropping this cause i wont be forced into an argument that i had no intention on starting in the first place.

• Like 1

I just heard this one on Monday. My friend and I were standing in Frontier Trail at Cedar Point looking at MF's lift/drop, and a guy right next to us turned to us and said "That's just like Vortex's drop isn't it?"

And the other one that day was when I was riding the train. There were two kids and a lady sitting behind me talking. When the train started to roll out of the station, one kid said:

"Is this as fast as this goes?"

Then the lady said:

"No, it will speed up."

The next thing I hear out of the other kid is:

"Ya know mom, it would go a whole lot faster if you got off!"

I was crying I was laughing so hard! :lol:

• Like 1

^ Oh my gosh, it sounds like me. I was always embarrassing my mom when I was younger. One time when I was maybe 5, I went to King's Island. (I barely remember it Only thing I remember is screaming my freaking face off on the taxi ride and refusing and being to short to ride The Beastie) My mom and her friend was with me. They decided to go on Vortex. I asked if I could go on but they told me you had to be 15 to ride it. After a fit of rage I had to wait until they were done. When they were done, my mom swore she peed herself. Ever since then I always talked about that to people. No since I'm back into King's Island I'm like, "Remember you rode The Vortex, do you remember?" At which I receive an angry glare.

• Like 1

I once heard someone in front of the big Kings Island sign by the fountains ask where the Eiffel Tower was. She was completely serious.

I worked in the Emporium for several months during the off-peak season. You'd be amazed at how many people walk into that store (especially the side closest to the Tower, which used to be the bulk candy section) and ask where the Eiffel Tower is!! They usually mean how you get to the elevators, but there were some that you wonder if they thought to look up.

I got some good ones today.

In line for Reptar:

Guest: "Where's the other ride like this?"

Me: "Do you mean Flight Deck or Firehawk?"

Guest: "Whaaaaaaat?"

In Action Theater exit area (Spongebob was running in 2D today)

Guest: "Well, they're just getting lazy. First, they don't run both sides of The Raceway. Now, they won't show Spongepants in 3D! I hate Six Flags!"

During Flashback Totally 80's, when Thriller starts playing:

Small child: "But he's dead!"

• Like 2

I worked in the Emporium for several months during the off-peak season. You'd be amazed at how many people walk into that store (especially the side closest to the Tower, which used to be the bulk candy section) and ask where the Eiffel Tower is!! They usually mean how you get to the elevators, but there were some that you wonder if they thought to look up.

That cracks me up when you talk about that. :lol:

The best thing I've heard was in line for Millie at CP. This guy with his kid in front of me points over at Power Tower and says to his kid, "We should ride that white thing." ( :blink: .. you mean that white thing with the giant red letters on the top that say POWER TOWER??)

• Like 1

I have heard a lot of these same things but it was my boyfriend's friend who said "They closed SOB because someone died." and then he said "Well, someone got their legs chopped off at Kings Island on Drop Tower." He was so sure I was wrong for saying that happened at Six Flags on a ride similar to Drop Tower.

• Like 1

This guest didn't say anything but he did something stupid. We are on The Racer and there are these kids in front of me and one kid acting all cool tries to throw his hat in the bin from the train, but he missed. And it flew off the side and out of the station. He asked the Ride op when he could get it and she said you won't be able till closing. It was a nice hat too.

• Like 2

The Crypt was so empty yesterday, you'd think people had died on it- the longest I waited was when the line started at the end of the tunnel, with none of the switchbacks open!

I love some of the guest comments at TC, especially about the ride program change.

"THAT WAS HORRIBLE!! WE DIDN'T EVEN GO UPSIDE DOWN!"

"Someone fell out, so they had to change it."

"That was worse than Reptar!"

"There's more, right?"

"I hate Cedar Point."

• Like 1

On the train today some little kid said 29 people died on Son of Beast because it was really really fast! really really tall! and really really old! and it had three loops and the whole train fell off the track and killed everyone!!!! I laughed so hard I laughed the whole train ride.

Another one I heard was walking out the exit for Blue racer and a kid behind me pointed at Adventure Express and said wanna go ride African Express!!!!!!!

Standing in line for The Beast a kid was talking to his dad and he said those trains look a lot longer then they did last year and he said oh yeah they added more on to the train.

• Like 1

In line for Reptar today with my daughter..the kids that were behind me pointed to the Wild Thornberry log ride and said "HEY there's that new ride, Diamondback" The kid with him said "Woah. That's so not big, what a baby ride"

Then I was almost knocked down.

My experience at the park today was not so great. Lots of kids knocking MY kids down to skip line. Lots of shoving. Lots of going under rails and looking at me and laughing right in my face.

• Like 2

In line for Reptar today with my daughter..the kids that were behind me pointed to the Wild Thornberry log ride and said "HEY there's that new ride, Diamondback" The kid with him said "Woah. That's so not big, what a baby ride"

Then I was almost knocked down.

My experience at the park today was not so great. Lots of kids knocking MY kids down to skip line. Lots of shoving. Lots of going under rails and looking at me and laughing right in my face.

did you have another eye witness to report the line jumpers

There was a very large group there, all dressed the same. Those were the only witnesses, and they thought it was freaking hilarious to knock down kids. They were also hanging off the fence at Reptar from the main top of it and swinging around. Danny Phantom ride was a terrible experience too, that's where my daughter was knocked down when someone ran under the bars and shoved her to hurry and get on before it started. Those two kids were removed via whoever their guardian was. She stepped in, apologized and yanked them off the ride.

It was really crowded today and just overall unpleasant in Nick U. I'd die if my girls acted the way some kids do.

Oh, we had some stuff stolen today too :(

2 new souvenir cups from our stroller. Newly refilled.

Edited to add.....Isn't that nasty? Stealing a cup someone has been drinking from? yeesh.

• Like 1

That's horrible your stuff was taken. KI has really big problem with line jumpers and they really need to act fast. I bet if petty thief reports rise, they would lose money, and then just maybe they would pay more attention to the actions of the guests.