Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

I rode FoF a last week and a group of little girls who were about 10 years old and asked me if this went upside down. I said yes it does and she asked a ride op if it did. The ride op said no. I waite to see what they had to say after the ride. They were mad at the ride op for lying to them and I said. Told you it went upside down.

• Like 1

I rode FoF a last week and a group of little girls who were about 10 years old and asked me if this went upside down. I said yes it does and she asked a ride op if it did. The ride op said no. I waite to see what they had to say after the ride. They were mad at the ride op for lying to them and I said. Told you it went upside down.

I once heard an AE ride op tell a small child that The Racer went 100mph, and that AE only went about 70.

I once heard an AE ride op tell a small child that The Racer went 100mph, and that AE only went about 70.

Wouldn't that go here.

When I was in the park the other day some people were talking and they said, "Now that Cedar Fair owns the park they're going to take out The Beast, Son of Beast, and Vortex. Oh and did you know that the track used for Diamondback is the track from King Cobra?"

I couldn't help but chuckle and shake my head.

• Like 1

I got 2 from tonight

The Diamondback under the water to make the splashdown.

AND a speech a guy did to an ride op and eventually Guest Relations. (NOTE I was not a witness at the time, but at midnight he was still yelling this exact stuff to his daughter)

Daughter said "I'm sorry I was not tall enough to ride" Dad angry response. "You were tall enough" You were at the line you were tall enough. 9 out of 10 of these high school jerkoffs would of let you ride, but there the 1 guy that has to be a jerk. 1 guy who wants to enforce the rules strictly. He is the guy who wants to be a cop. He just wants to be a jerk. He deserved the abuse I gave him. Guest Relations is next on our list. I'm sorry I embarrased you in front of everyone but that jerkoff needed to be put in his place. You give these high schoolers minimal power and they want to take fun away from people smaller than them. It not your fault it theirs"

• Like 1

AND a speech a guy did to an ride op and eventually Guest Relations. (NOTE I was not a witness at the time, but at midnight he was still yelling this exact stuff to his daughter)

Daughter said "I'm sorry I was not tall enough to ride" Dad angry response. "You were tall enough" You were at the line you were tall enough. 9 out of 10 of these high school jerkoffs would of let you ride, but there the 1 guy that has to be a jerk. 1 guy who wants to enforce the rules strictly. He is the guy who wants to be a cop. He just wants to be a jerk. He deserved the abuse I gave him. Guest Relations is next on our list. I'm sorry I embarrased you in front of everyone but that jerkoff needed to be put in his place. You give these high schoolers minimal power and they want to take fun away from people smaller than them. It not your fault it theirs"

I was a witness at the time. She wasn't tall enough - and I hope (as I assume they will) that his complaints fall on deaf ears at Guest Relations where they could put here up on the measurement stand they have in there! I feel bad for the girl - and not about the ride.

• Like 1

Oldiesmann and I were getting off The Racer and we heard a man behind us say "This ride is rougher than DB."

Why thank you Mr. Obvious.

First off we cannot compare a woodie to steel. Second, let’s also compare the roughness of a ride that is 37 years old to a ride that is about 4 months old. Hum!

• Like 1

While in line for Diamondback today, just as we were getting ready to go up the stairs, I heard a woman turn around to what I can only assume was her child and say in a very matter-of-fact tone "Ugh, The Diamondback was SO much faster 3 years ago."

Also, during a night ride on Adventure Express, Gigacoaster2k, Violakat03, Kat's husband, and myself heard the girl in front of us scream while riding "Wouldn't it be an absolute b*$%# if we rode everything in the park and died riding this?

The four of us almost made her thinking come true, cause we very nearly died laughing.

• Like 1

-From "interesting things ride-ops do"

Dear Kings Island ride operators:

Please stop placing unnecessary articles in front of ride names. Examples: THE Diamondback. THE Adventure Express. THERE IS NO "THE" IN ANY OF THE RIDE NAMES, excepting the following: The Beast, The Racer.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan.

All in fun Kat!

One time this obnoxious kid in line for Diamondback started to talk my jaw off. While I was in line (you guys know the box of cell phones and stuff people lost right before the steps) he said that was half way full this morning and its full right now....what an idiot, also he said that he has ridden both trains red and green i said uh...there a brown train too...he says no and i pointed to it and he said......oh they most of delivered that today. I'm like O goodness and just walk off. :)

• Like 1

^are you serious?! i hate when people are so stubborn that they are right, that even when there is plain evidence that they are wrong, they make an excuse.

Sorry though, i dont have any frmo my most recent trips. These guests must be getting smarter....hahaha

• Like 1

Contrary to popular belief, Dolly Parton is not the sole owner of The Dollywood Company. In fact, she doesn't even hold a majority ownership in that company....

The website I Sourced does not read that way to me.

Dollywood theme park is the product of a wonderful relationship between Herschend Family Entertainment and entertainment legend Dolly Parton that dates back to 1985. Herschend Family Entertainment is the operating partner for Dolly Parton in her Dollywood Company, which owns the Dollywood theme park and Dollywood's Splash Country water park, both in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

When I was in the park the other day some people were talking and they said, "Now that Cedar Fair owns the park they're going to take out The Beast, Son of Beast, and Vortex. Oh and did you know that the track used for Diamondback is the track from King Cobra?"

I couldn't help but chuckle and shake my head.

My friend kept trying to get me to believe that as we were driving down to the DC Skate Plaza in Kettering. Man, that place is so fun. :rolleyes:

-From "interesting things ride-ops do"

Dear Kings Island ride operators:

Please stop placing unnecessary articles in front of ride names. Examples: THE Diamondback. THE Adventure Express. THERE IS NO "THE" IN ANY OF THE RIDE NAMES, excepting the following: The Beast, The Racer.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan.

All in fun Kat!

In line for The Beast on Saturday night there were some kids who were joking around and laughing about people who always put a "The" in front a a ride name. I had to laugh when one of them said something like: Would you call it THE Little Bill's Giggle Coaster? Then don't call it The Vortex or The Adventure Express.

Considering the conversation, I almost asked if any of them were KIC members. :rolleyes:

"the Son of The Beast" - :rolleyes:

Putting a THE where there is no THE is almost as annoying as me hearing some lady tell her daughter in line for MF that it was THE MAGNUM FORCE.

If you can't get your facts straight, don't say it at all! I don't see a THE on Diamondback's sign.. stop adding things that aren't there!!

• Like 1