Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

The other day these two kids were standing in line waiting to get some ice water and he turned around to me and said do you like King island and I said yes and he said I would too but these F****** food lines take two days to get your stuff. When he got his ice water he decided to be rude and ask for five more that just really ticked me off when he did that.

-From "interesting things ride-ops do"

Dear Kings Island ride operators:

Please stop placing unnecessary articles in front of ride names. Examples: THE Diamondback. THE Adventure Express. THERE IS NO "THE" IN ANY OF THE RIDE NAMES, excepting the following: The Beast, The Racer.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan.

All in fun Kat!

In line for The Beast on Saturday night there were some kids who were joking around and laughing about people who always put a "The" in front a a ride name. I had to laugh when one of them said something like: Would you call it THE Little Bill's Giggle Coaster? Then don't call it The Vortex or The Adventure Express.

Considering the conversation, I almost asked if any of them were KIC members. :rolleyes:

That was me. Ha. Were you the person behind me in line?

When I was on Wicked Twister for my 6th grade trip two years ago, my teacher screamed every single word that you would get detention for. Looks like she might get suspended.

Then when we got off she told all the other teachers, and even some of the kids from my group, about it. I laughed for the next hour.

Not sure if this is a guest saying a darnest thing, but it was pretty hilarious.

[quote name='Captain Nemo'

In line for The Beast on Saturday night there were some kids who were joking around and laughing about people who always put a "The" in front a a ride name. I had to laugh when one of them said something like: Would you call it THE Little Bill's Giggle Coaster? Then don't call it The Vortex or The Adventure Express.

Considering the conversation, I almost asked if any of them were KIC members. :rolleyes:

That was me. Ha. Were you the person behind me in line?

Yes, I guess I was behind you in line - I knew I should have asked.

Today, err, yesterday, I while at the park, I heard:

Pointing to AE:

'Whats that?' -random teen

'Oh thats the new water ride' -other random teen

On Diamondback's final brakes:

'I loved this!' -random person

'Yeah! Me too! What was your favorite part?!' -random person's friend

'That part at the top of the fourth hill where there's a brake, I loved that!' -random person

HIS FAVORITE PART WAS A TRIM BRAKE.

• Like 1

^ that sounds like a KICer! :lol:

Today at Cedar Point in line for Matterhorn, heard this one from the lady in front of us there with 2 young children.

Young boy (points to car roped off with orange tape) "Why aren't they loading that one?"

Mom: "because it's broken, honey"

Boy: "what do you mean?"

Mom (by this time obviously annoyed with answering his questions): "it means if you sit there, you'll go flying out of it"

The boy's eyes got huge and he stopped asking questions! Phantomtheater and I were in line behind them and started cracking up.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

• Like 1

^ you are correct. I'm thinking one of the mechanisms on the swing arm, such as the shock absorbers was broken.

Phantomtheater and I had our car swinging completely vertical during the ride and as it slowed we were afraid we'd get yelled at for swinging the car because of how much rocking it was doing all on it's own.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

When I was standing in line for Vortex, a kid behind me said to his family "So this is Diamondback?"

Someone corrected him and said "No, this is Vortex."

I now, not very funny, but I thought I'd add it. There were a couple more from yesterday, but I forget them :(.

Edit: Also, while walking by Diamondback, a family was talking. The dad (presumably) said Diamondback is like MF because both trains don't have sides.

• Like 1

Today I was with HTCO at the park. We got there early to go to the ERT on Diamondback. We got 6 rides in! but my story is from later in the day........

(walking through the exit on The Racer)

little boy behind us: (see's part of A.E) he says, "is that The Beast?"

his mother: No. The Beast is on the other side of the park, I'm pretty sure thats Son of Beast.

• Like 1

Just remembered another one form 7/31. I was in DB queue and a lady is telling this man that there was a log ride they took out where the DB station/queue and splashdown is now. I would have said her story is reasonable if she had said that DB travels out by where the old log ride used to be.

• Like 1

Just remembered another one form 7/31. I was in DB queue and a lady is telling this man that there was a log ride they took out where the DB station/queue and splashdown is now. I would have said her story is reasonable if she had said that DB travels out by where the old log ride used to be.

What the hell have I been working then?

Well, to give ehr credit, you can see SOB from the exit of The Racer.

hahaha i know, it was just because the kid was talking about like a very specific part of AE. haha but, yeah SOB can be seen frmo anywhere in the park.

• Like 1

What the h*** have I been working then?

You must be working Wild Thornberry's. Indyguy4KI is talking about Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal when he references "where the old log ride used to be"

Make that almost anywhere....it can't be seen from inside The Crypt, Flight of Fear, Scooby's Haunted Mansion, Action Theater, the Emporium, etc.

Terpy...being specific

haha terpy you a very right. haha wasnt thinking of inside buildings in the park. hahaha