Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Just remembered another one form 7/31. I was in DB queue and a lady is telling this man that there was a log ride they took out where the DB station/queue and splashdown is now. I would have said her story is reasonable if she had said that DB travels out by where the old log ride used to be.

What the h*** have I been working then?

You must be working Wild Thornberry's. Indyguy4KI is talking about Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal when he references "where the old log ride used to be"

I know what was being referenced, but since my ride is right across from DB I figured I'd throw that out there. Apparently I failed :P

-From "interesting things ride-ops do"

Dear Kings Island ride operators:

Please stop placing unnecessary articles in front of ride names. Examples: THE Diamondback. THE Adventure Express. THERE IS NO "THE" IN ANY OF THE RIDE NAMES, excepting the following: The Beast, The Racer.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan.

All in fun Kat!

Here, just for you guys...I changed the name and sign.

THE DIAMOND BACK ....see? Three words.

dscn4030411.jpg

On Youtube, someone responding to a King Cobra POV said this:

They took it down becuase 4 people fell out of it, its sad becuase one of those people was a little girl...they all fell out on the loop!! good thing they did take it down...thats why they dont make standing up coasters anymore....the king cobra is just standing there behind the son of The Beast just waiting for someone to ride it....sad...:(

I then told him the real reason why KC was removed, and he PMd me with this:

lol yeah no there is even a news report on youtube!!! look it up smart one plus just search king cobra accident and it does say people fell out of it on the loop!!!

:rolleyes:

There has always been a rumors stuck in my head of..

During the Halloween events they used to turn the cars around on The Beast. (like on The Racer when it ran backwards)

lol, is there any truth to that

I very highly doubt it. I don't claim to be an expert on KI (Despite what my forum title says) but turning around the trains of any coaster, especially one as trimmed as Beast, would be too much of a nightmare for maintenance (Spelling?) for the park to bother with it.

• Like 1

yeah, didnt happen. or youd have an outcry of people wanting to ride The Beast backwards ones again every haunt. im pretty sure youd have to get that approved by ohio anyways, not to mention the other work to get the ride running safely backwards.

• Like 1

Ok so thisn't something a guess said but i found it funny, we should start a new topic called guess do the darnest things, ok so i was at the park last wed. and we went to the water park. It rain off and on the whole day so it was close to empty, but the sun came out it got hot so we went to the water park. while we were there we got to ride everything and then we decided to just go and lay in the wave pool for a while. there where close to maybe 200 people in it total. It started to sprinkle a lil bit and about 75% of the guest got out of the water and ran under the umbrellas. As if they didnt want to get wet. And this is where it gets even funnier, most of them didnt even pick up the towels and bags that where sitting out in the rain. I just dont get it....things that make you go "huh"

When I was riding Dimaondback in row 15 a couple weeks ago, I was sitting by this man and his friends were in row 16. Well, on the 5th hill, he exclamed, "The trims for HELL!" :lol: As soon as I heard that, it's like, "I bet he's from KIC." Well, it turns out he was. I wonder who it was? :lol:

PS.- I hope your not offended with me writing this (you know who you are)

Edit: *cough cough* dare-to-fly *cough cough*

• Like 1

When I was riding Dimaondback in row 15 a couple weeks ago, I was sitting by this man and his friends were in row 16. Well, on the 5th hill, he exclamed, "The trims for HELL!" :lol: As soon as I heard that, it's like, "I bet he's from KIC." Well, it turns out he was. I wonder who it was? :lol:

There are just too many potential people to guess.

Speaking of The Beast doing crazy things,While I was in line for The Beast with my friend,and this 7-year-old kid comes up and says.

"If you ride on the blue train you go thru loop-de-loops."

This had us for the rest of the day to tell little kids the looping beast to scare them.

,LOL there's allot wrong in that one. wow. there's no blue train, there no loop on The Beast, and how would the train running on the same track take a different course...a switchtrack? ....now that sounds cool almost, lol like one of those elevator lift coasters from RCT3.....are those real?! LOL

• Like 1

Haha sooo so many. haha i really wonder who it is?

I can't tell. Are you being sarcastic?

haha sorry. no im not. I really do wonder who it was. hahaa

I saw a group walking down SoB/FD's exit ramp expecting to get into the queue for SoB. I guess if there's a "Sorry, this ride is closed" sign, just try the other path... hmm.

Oh my god! I saw like 50 people the other day doing that! haha. they all just liked walked in and we were like....uhhhh ur going the wrong way! haha

edit: oh yeah, sorry i double posted.

haha sorry. no im not. I really do wonder who it was. hahaa

Don't be sorry. Well, that one person that wants trims "crushed under the weight of several filled dump trucks, thrown into a deep dark hole in Siberia, and never thought of again." And they wants to punish people for using MCBRs for non-emergencies?