Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

An eight year old boy that was sitting on the right side of me on Drop Tower said that kids fall out this all the time. I glanced at him and shook my head.

Was this yesterday? If so, I wonder if it's the same kid I talked to in the DB SRL yesterday. He was full of information:

Kid: Have you ridden this yet?

Me: 41 times now.

Kid: Today?

Me: No, that's all season

Kid: You know Vortex?

Me: Yeah...

Kid: They're going to take it out soon because it it's sinking in its foundation.

Me: Really... (I didn't feel like getting into an argument with a kid by correcting him)

Kid: Yeah. A lot of the bumps in that ride aren't supposed to be there. They're there because the foundation is sinking.

This was the first time I had ever run into anyone who told me this. I know we joke about it all the time on here, but I've never actually heard it outside this site until yesterday. A few minutes later, he filled me in on SoB:

Kid: Did you know Son of Beast is closed?

Me: Yeah... (just waiting for what he was going to tell me next)

Kid: Kings Island is planning to tear it down soon.

I think I found a Dippin' Dots Guy in the making!

• Like 1

Yesterday in line for Drop Tower a group of young teens were debating where The Racer was located. One pointed to Son of Beast but the other actually knew it was white. Another said it was at Six Flags. Another said it was still in there park but he didn't know where. I give him credit for actually knowing it was in the park.

• Like 1

One time on the news before dimondback was even built a kid said it was supposed to go 400 miles a hour and a 1,ooo feet in the air

I remember that i was lauging.

Back on topic of how people try not to get into arguments I cant stand it when people tell ME wrong info and then brage of how there right I always say whats your source then they get mad and yell at me and i stay calm and they get mad and sometimes kicked off the ride.

I was walking by the Age or Weight (or Birth Month) game in Action Zone, when the game operator noticed my Disney World shirt. She said "That is an awesome shirt. Give me a hi-five!" So, I did. As I was walking away, she said very loudly into the microphone "Disney is the bomb.com!"

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

One time on the news before dimondback was even built a kid said it was supposed to go 400 miles a hour and a 1,ooo feet in the air

I remember that i was lauging.

Back on topic of how people try not to get into arguments I cant stand it when people tell ME wrong info and then brage of how there right I always say whats your source then they get mad and yell at me and i stay calm and they get mad and sometimes kicked off the ride.

:lol: Only a KIC member would tell them to "cite their source"!!!!

I love it!!!

So I was in Bob Evans Tuesday evening and a family came in and sat behind me. The father turned to his family and said I was at Kings Island Yesterday ( Monday ) when the diamond back was shut down.

Daughter - What happened

Father- Some guy got off the ride and had a heart attack and died right there next to the train.

Daughter- Wow, they are having a bad year.

Father- Yeah, you heard about that lady that got wacked in the back of the head on the SOB.. I heard they will be taking the loop out!!!

• Like 1

Here's a short conversation I had with my wife as we boarded FoF:

Me: You might wanna put your head back against the seat.

Wife: I'll be ok.

Me: No, you better put your head back.

Wife: I said I'll be ok.

Me: This thing takes off 0-60 in like 2 seconds, you best be putting your head back against the seat.

Wife: I will be ok....

*PSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH*

- After the ride -

Wife: I have a headache...

Me: Dumb***, I told you to put your head back...

• Like 1

What is with every person that works at Dip in Dots thinking they know what happens in the park. Is there some secret dip in dots cult.

That had absolutely NOTHING to do with this topic! Back onto the subject.

-----------------------

Guy 1: Woah, look at that drop!

Guy 2: Dude you know that the uh.. Italian Job Stunt Ride is faster than Diamondback?

Guy 1: Woahh!!

As a rides associate of Kings Island, I hear many strange things from guests, and have heard many stories from my associate friends.

A friend of mine who works on the Train says that some guy came up to him and (with a serious face) said "Does this have loops on it?"

And another guy came up to my friend and asked, at the Train station: "Is this where the train lets off?"

No. No it's not. :rolleyes:

I worked on Racer for two years, I got a lot of "are there any loops on this?"

Once I got sent to work on Drop Tower, this was last year right after that young girl got her feet amputated from the Drop Tower thing (I can't remember the name) at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. A group of incredibly scared 13 year old girls got on the ride and said "OMG ARE WE GONNA DIE?" even after I explained to them why they wouldn't die, unless they had a heart condition or something.

My question is...why would you get in line for a ride you're scared of? I personally am not a fan of Drop Tower, that's why I never get in line for it.

• Like 1

I have another one!

"Wow, Runaway Reptar is pretty exciting!" -a guy at least 30 years old

Along the lines of this, my 25 year old boyfriend thinks Action Theatre is one of the greatest rides at Kings Island. Something about Spongebob and that pickle just makes him very happy. He's also a huge fan of Top Gun (excuse me...Flight Deck) and The Racer. I can still get him on Diamondback and FoF though. :-P

"where is that?" (pointing to the viking ship on the airbrush t-shirt side)

Drunk Guest : "where is restraunt number 6 on the map?"

Me: "Do you have a map?"

Drunk Guest: "No but on the map there is a restraunt listed number 6, you work here and your telling me you don't know where it is!!!???? Thats f***ed up!"

Me: Enjoy your stay at the park sir

my favorite ever V

Guest: "What is that?"

Me: The Eiffel Tower

Guest: "Well what does it do?"

Me: "uh you just go up there and look around..."

Guest: "awe well does it do anything else?"

Me: "No...."

Guest: "well that sucks"

Me: "im sorry..."

• Like 1

in line for Diamondback on Wednesday:

Man to his girlfriend: This is the tallest coaster in the world.

Girlfriend: How tall is it?

Man: about 300 feet, and it goes 100 miles an hour.

Girlfriend: Is it safe?

Man: Well, someone died on it a few weeks ago, but he had a heart attack.

Girlfriend: Maybe we should go on the Son of The Beast instead. It's in the kids area.

• Like 1

Waiting for the train to leave for Boomerang Bay:

Guest 1: How'd you like the Diamondback?

Guest 2: Aw, the Diamondback was awesome. I loved how the Diamondback has all those loops.

Guest 1: Yeah, I thought the Diamondback was pretty fun, too!

Guest 3: *turning around to look at guest 1 and 2* You two rode the Diamondback?

I think they hold the record for saying "the Diamondback" the most times in ten seconds. It made my friend and I laugh for a few minutes. However, I started laughing on Coolengatta, so I kind of choked.

Addict, who promises to never laugh at a Boomerang. Or a Crocodile.

• Like 1

Best one I've heard so far this season...

As we were sitting on the breaks after a ride on Diamondback:

Random girl to friend: Did this go upside down at all?

You just rode it. How can you not remember whether or not it went upside down?

If it was after 7pm when the park was about to close I think this was my friend and I.

She made a comment similar to this but I believe her exact quote was "woah wait what happened to the loop? I thought I remember a loop last time?" Which actually isn't that dumb of a question.

• Like 1

Best one I've heard so far this season...

As we were sitting on the breaks after a ride on Diamondback:

Random girl to friend: Did this go upside down at all?

You just rode it. How can you not remember whether or not it went upside down?

Well, the first couple times I rode FOF I couldn't tell I was going upside down. Sometimes, I barely notice it still.