Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

So apparently, back when they were advertising for Runaway Reptar, they had used Face/Off as a placeholder animation to show that Reptar would be inverted (much like Firehawk used Stealth/Borg's placeholder animation to show it was a flying coaster). For starters, whenever F/OFF is shown for advertisements, it's always shown going through one of its inversions, so, not surprisingly, when it was shown to promote Reptar it got everyone, including my stepsister, in an uproar because they assumed it would be the first inverted family coaster....WITH A LOOP!!!!

Imagine the chagrin on everyone's face when, come opening day, they find out there's no loop on it. As we're waiting in line for it, an eight-year-old is relieved, yet wondering what happened to the loop. Without missing a beat, my friend next to me goes, "Yeah, that loop they showed on the commercial? Someone upstairs realized the day before the park opened that maybe the kiddies would be scared away because of the giant loop, so they took it out last night and got a brand new piece of track to put in its place."

Then, from out of the blue, the kid suddenly asked, "So does that mean God messed up when he built the dinosaur ride?"

:mellow:

I'm sorry, I just had to put this out there.

• Like 1

So apparently, back when they were advertising for Runaway Reptar, they had used Face/Off as a placeholder animation to show that Reptar would be inverted (much like Firehawk used Stealth/Borg's placeholder animation to show it was a flying coaster). For starters, whenever F/OFF is shown for advertisements, it's always shown going through one of its inversions, so, not surprisingly, when it was shown to promote Reptar it got everyone, including my stepsister, in an uproar because they assumed it would be the first inverted family coaster....WITH A LOOP!!!!

Imagine the chagrin on everyone's face when, come opening day, they find out there's no loop on it. As we're waiting in line for it, an eight-year-old is relieved, yet wondering what happened to the loop. Without missing a beat, my friend next to me goes, "Yeah, that loop they showed on the commercial? Someone upstairs realized the day before the park opened that maybe the kiddies would be scared away because of the giant loop, so they took it out last night and got a brand new piece of track to put in its place."

Then, from out of the blue, the kid suddenly asked, "So does that mean God messed up when he built the dinosaur ride?"

:mellow:

I'm sorry, I just had to put this out there.

Yeah that is pretty funny! "So does that mean God messed up when he built the dinosaur ride?" lol

• Like 1

How many five year olds are tall enough to ride Beast?

Ha.

I was talking to my friend at school and he's like an inch shorter than me (I'm 5') and he said he rode The Beast when he was three. Then again, I've talked to people who said they rode Invertigo when they were two, which would be entirely impossible, considering if they were two, they would have ridden it in '97 or '98.

Heard this one today while walking by Adventure Express.

Girl:"let's go ride that spinning thing." points up at Slingshot.

Guy: "yeah, tickets are only 10 dollars."

Umm... Since when did Slingshot spin?

Also heard when exiting Racer, "we're going to go ride the Outer Limits."

I resisted the urge to ask him to let me know when he found it. :lol:

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

• Like 1

Okay I don't understand the Slingshot thing......it spins. ????

Okay I don't understand the Slingshot thing......it spins. ????

yea it spins......not alot but yea watch this

Kid in front of me in the single rider line: "You know this was supposed to have a loop."

Me: *sighs, rolls eyes* "No it wasn't. It never was. The newspaper screwed up."

Later that day I see two girls wearing airbrushed t-shirts that say "We survived the Diamondback" and had a drawing of a coaster with a loop in it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This topic reminds of when I went to Cedar Point with my best friend since grade school and we were on "Corkscrew" about to leave the station and she goes to me "Does this ride go upside down?" And 20 min before we were watching the corkscrew part of the ride! LOL

This is also the same friend that tricked me into riding Vortex and told me at the top of the hill that she had never rode it when we were 11! :rolleyes:

• Like 1