Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

My Dad's friend's son, keep following me here, worked at Kings Island, a very long time ago and he swept. One day a young child saw a blue ice cream on the midway and the child asked "Hey what's that" and he said it was a melted smurf. Needless to say the child ran off crying and he got fired. Kinda off topic but yeah....

Haha! That's awesome!

EDIT: Well, the joke, not the part about him getting fired.

Well I'm getting my pass this week, and going on Friday. So, hopefully I will hear some funny ones. Although for the past couple days at school, I have herd people say that SoB wasn't there anymore and also that Diamondback got shut down because some women fell out. Ha. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

My Dad's friend's son, keep following me here, worked at Kings Island, a very long time ago and he swept. One day a young child saw a blue ice cream on the midway and the child asked "Hey what's that" and he said it was a melted smurf. Needless to say the child ran off crying and he got fired. Kinda off topic but yeah....

That's horrible!!

Not that "you kids" will have a clue who he is/was...but Art Linkletter, the host of "Kids Say The Darndest Things" passed away today...age 97.

This one's for you Interpreter! tongue.gif

I was wondering why he was a trending topic on Twitter. Sad to hear that!

I was in line for The Beast yesterday and there was a folksy group of people behind me. The one was proclaiming to the others that when they crank up the lift hill speed on The Beast it'll go 91-92 MPH. I was about to say something to them when the age old saying popped into my head, "You can't teach stupid."

• Like 1

So I went to the park yesterday and these two guest came up to me and you could tell they were from out of town. We were all walking to Adventure Express and they asked me, " Do you know if this is Beast 2" I thought I was going to lose it. It was hillarious.

• Like 1

In Diamonback's SRL Monday, a group of 5 people were getting mad because it was taking too long and then a woman from the group said:

"There only taking people from our line if there's a single rider. This will take longer."

Seriously!?

This is funny because yesterday when we were in line the ride op was asking for a pair of two for row 14 so my wife and I stepped up, just as we did a guy in the SRL yelled out, "Hey we have two that want to go together and we are in the SRL!" I looked at my wife and said what part of Single Rider don't they get?

• Like 1

Lift hill speed doesn't play much of a role in how fast the ride actually goes does it? I wouldn't think that would do anything except make the trains get to the top of the hill faster.

Well think of it this way. On Millineum Force you are traveling up the hill around 15 mph. So this means down the first hill you are already starting at 15 mph not 0 mph so it gives a certain gain of speed. If that helped any.

Lift hill speed doesn't play much of a role in how fast the ride actually goes does it? I wouldn't think that would do anything except make the trains get to the top of the hill faster.

Well think of it this way. On Millineum Force you are traveling up the hill around 15 mph. So this means down the first hill you are already starting at 15 mph not 0 mph so it gives a certain gain of speed. If that helped any.

Correct me if i am wrong but I believe we might need a physics lesson in Potential Engergy.

Think of it this way, The potential energy is staying the same. When the lift hills goes faster or slower the mechanical energy changes. Mechanical energy is the sum of the potential and kinetic at a current time on a mechanical device I.E. the lift hill. When the hill moves it has more kinetic energy but is still mostly potential energy. It doesn't affect the ride too much but slowing the lift can slow the rest of the ride.

• Like 2

I absolutely agree that it does take longer, but when a person states that they are only being paired up with people that are single riders and they are in fact in a "Single Rider Line" I thought it was pretty funny.

Im taking my first rides on Diamondback tommorow. Do you suggest the SRL or the normal one?