Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Ready for this?

At Diamond Back yesterday the teen was looking at the "Sandles and Shoes MUST be worn" He says: So...do you have to wear shoes?

I just looked at him and laughed!

I got a similar one.

Tonight after the fireworks go off and the play the message "Park is now closed" a guy asks me Is the park really closed?

In line for Millennium Force on Friday:

Guy: "Millennium Force runs on the same system as Beast. As a result, they've been able to add more and more trains to Beast."

Girl: "Well yeah, The Beast is a 6 minute ride."

"This is just like Magnum."

And then it got stuck on the lift.

"Who would want to ride this after it gets stuck like that?" (girl + entire family proceeds to leave the queue)

"What if it gets stuck going down the drop?"

"What if it gets stuck upside down?"

"This ride doesn't go upside down.. does it?"

"YES IT DOES! Look over there (points at first overbank)!"

Guy on maXair: "I'm really high right now (laughs)"

Two guys behind me in line for Magnum, looking up at Dragster:

"We're going on that next."

"I am NOT riding that. Shut up"

"It would be even better if they added a loop at the top!" (I actually thought that would be pretty awesome myself!)

"DUDE, NO! It looks bad enough! I am NOT riding that!"

• Like 1

In line for Millennium Force on Friday:

Guy: "Millennium Force runs on the same system as Beast. As a result, they've been able to add more and more trains to Beast."

Girl: "Well yeah, The Beast is a 6 minute ride."

"This is just like Magnum."

And then it got stuck on the lift.

"Who would want to ride this after it gets stuck like that?" (girl + entire family proceeds to leave the queue)

"What if it gets stuck going down the drop?"

"What if it gets stuck upside down?"

"This ride doesn't go upside down.. does it?"

"YES IT DOES! Look over there (points at first overbank)!"

Guy on maXair: "I'm really high right now (laughs)"

Two guys behind me in line for Magnum, looking up at Dragster:

"We're going on that next."

"I am NOT riding that. Shut up"

"It would be even better if they added a loop at the top!" (I actually thought that would be pretty awesome myself!)

"DUDE, NO! It looks bad enough! I am NOT riding that!"

You probably wanted to smack all of those people in the face right there and then...laugh.gif

• Like 1

You probably wanted to smack all of those people in the face right there and then...laugh.gif

Except for the guy who suggested adding a loop to the top of TTD.. I honestly think that would be amazing! Can you imagine hitting a loop at 120 mph?? Talk about some serious Gs!

• Like 1

Except for the guy who suggested adding a loop to the top of TTD.. I honestly think that would be amazing! Can you imagine hitting a loop at 120 mph?? Talk about some serious Gs!

Well you wouldn't neccesarily going 120mph but it would be pretty sweet.

• Like 1

This weekend going up the elevator in GWL, this girl says "zyeah my friend wasn't strapped in on DB and she had to hold on through out the whole ride! laugh.gif I just don't get people like that..!

I hate it when that happens to me

I love when people are scared and won't get on a ride while my 6 year old son is crying because he CAN'T ride it, lol. He rode The Beast and some others with me and is now hooked on coaster riding.

I saw that when I was there Friday. This kid was about 1 inch to short to ride The Racer and was crying as the parent took him out of the station. I felt so bad for him!

• Like 1

What was even worse was the year when the height requirement for Racer was raised (this was during the Paramount years). Kids who had ridden it the year before could not, in some cases, ride that season. Try explaining that to your little one!

What's worse is trying to explain it to the parents... 2005 was not a fun year for ride ops at Beastie either...

He was able to get a 48" wrist band and was thrilled to ride The Beast. He really lit up on The Racer, when he turned to me at the end and said "I thought I was gonna fly out" it brought a tear to my eye. He made me very proud that day.

On a side note---The handout at the park says he cannot ride The Vortex, yet everything I see online says it is 48" as well? He wants to ride it so bad.

• Like 1

As I watched them dealing with the valleyed Invertigo yesterday, some guy walked up beside me and said "The engine blew in the train, when you run that much horsepower that hard for that long, things happen."

I also made the mistake of wearing my CP employee jacket...I was a target all day. "Oh you work here?!" "No, I work at Cedar Point, I'm just visiting..." "Oh, I went there once, that Magnum Force is so cool, the way it drops you underneath itself. And it's awesome being in the middle of the ocean!" (K, so I paraphrased two encounters into one fictional exchange, but I did hear both of those yesterday.)

While you may be paraphrasing, I heard this EXACT, I kid you not, sentence once. And, I wasn't even in the park. I was at home, at a birthday party, where a guests parent clearly has a questionable relationship with her medicine cabinet.

Also, my last trip these two girls, probably about 11ish, asked my girlfriend and I to join them on Tazmanian Typhoon. Of course they screamed their little faces blue, and as we were exiting one of them spins around to us and says, "I was just here a few weeks ago with my family. It was me, my dad, my mom, and my aunt. We came out of the tube so fast that we actually went all the way up and over!" A blatent, "PSH!" like noise came out of my mouth as my girlfriend calmly agreed with her. And yes, she does know better.

This weekend going up the elevator in GWL, this girl says "zyeah my friend wasn't strapped in on DB and she had to hold on through out the whole ride! laugh.gif I just don't get people like that..!

Yeah, me too. I fly out every time!rolleyes.gif

Hahahah, I mean do they think we are idiots!! Their is no possible way that could happen!! Ahhh, its funny but idiotic! laugh.gif

Yeah, me too. I fly out every time!rolleyes.gif

Hahahah, I mean do they think we are idiots!! Their is no possible way that could happen!! Ahhh, its funny but idiotic! laugh.gif

EDIT: Sorry for the double post