Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

In line for DB yesterday, a young girl behind me says to a group of people behind her that DB was an 8 hour wait on its first day and that the line was all the way to the park entrance. I turned around and explained that I was there opening day of 2009 and that the line was no where near that long. I explained that although the line went around to the LaRosa's in Rivertown, a friend of mine got in line at that point and clocked it at 2 1/2 hours. I also advised her that I had ridden DB 6 times that day. She responded that she had just "heard" that the line was 8 hours long. Again, yet another example of how the public gets or gives out the wrong information about line waits.

Not sure how long of a wait it was but the line certainly was quite long on opening day...

DB%20LineWEB.JPG

(Courtesy of kiDiamondback.com)

Looks longer than 2 1/2 hours to me...

(Terp's been known to tell middle schoolers that Invertigo's line goes much faster when they run the second train!)

LOL, what kind of reaction do you get Terpy?

It varies. Sometimes they agree! Sometimes they patiently explain to me the coaster goes back and forth and two trains would hit each other! (And sometimes I understand...other times I just look at them blankly).

It's fun...and I would never intentionally mislead kids...I usually do this after they are complaining about waiting so long...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Time for the 2011 chapter of this thread!

Today (actually yesterday now that it's past midnight), as I was coming out of the restrooms next to WindSeeker, I heard a teenage boy tell his friend that the reason that WindSeeker isn't open yet is because four seats fell off the ride during testing. I told him that that wasn't true and that they hadn't even started testing, but he insisted that he was right, so I just said "whatever" and walked away.

• Like 1

Time for the 2011 chapter of this thread!

Today (actually yesterday now that it's past midnight), as I was coming out of the restrooms next to WindSeeker, I heard a teenage boy tell his friend that the reason that WindSeeker isn't open yet is because four seats fell off the ride during testing. I told him that that wasn't true and that they hadn't even started testing, but he insisted that he was right, so I just said "whatever" and walked away.

And possibly on another board in a thread called "Enthusiasts Say The Darndest Things" that teenage boy is posting this:

I was coming out of the restrooms next to WindSeeker, and I was talking to my friend that the reason that WindSeeker isn't open yet is because four seats fell off the ride during testing. This enthusiast interrupted me and tried to tell us that that wasn't true and that they hadn't even started testing, but he insisted that he was right, so I just said "whatever" and walked away. :lol:

• Like 2

Waiting in line for Raptor to open on CP Opening Day..... some braintrust was telling her Friend that the reason Raptor and Dragster were not open yet was because the ride-ops couldnt see the top of the lift hill. Meanwhile, looking off in the distance, we could see Millie going up its lift hill and.. yes you guessed it... into the fog which was approximately 200 feet up. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

My friend says to me today: "Hey, did you go to Bring a Friend Day?

Me: "No...why would you? Don't you have Gold passes?"

Him: "Yeah. I went by myself. But I got free games at Kings Island for going to it. I got a free ride on the go karts and the basketball thingy."

When I used to work at AE some lady asked me why we went on the wrong track. I told her that I had no idea what she was talking about. And then she pointed to Son of Beast and told me that we were supposed to go on that track. I didn't have the heart to tell her that SOB was a different coaster.

• Like 1

While waiting in line at Dodgems at Coney Island on Sunday, I heard a guest say that Coney Island used to have a lot more rides "until Kings Island bought them out". Yes, KI is home to several rides that were once at Coney, but they never bought out Coney.

• Like 1

"Is this the ride?" -Heard in line for the Great Movie RIDE in December...

I don't know if that actually is a stupid question...i'm not sure I consider it a ride.

Here is a photo I made for my Disney trip photoalbum a few years ago"

disneygreat.jpg

This "ride" is one of the biggest embarrassments that I think exists at WDW...probably second only to the backlot tour. (IMHO)

• Like 1

Yeah, but she thought that the line was the ride... blink.gif

(and yes, it is embarrassingly outdated...)

Someone commented on a post on the Kings Island Facebook page that they couldn't find blue ice cream last time they were at KI. Really? Must not have looked too hard...

• Like 1

While waiting in line at Dodgems at Coney Island on Sunday, I heard a guest say that Coney Island used to have a lot more rides "until Kings Island bought them out". Yes, KI is home to several rides that were once at Coney, but they never bought out Coney.

And yet....

The company that opened Kings Island, Taft Broadcasting, did in fact buy Coney Island of Ohio prior to building KI, and Coney DID in fact have a lot more rides than it does now. At least one of us here was LIVID at that company for demolishing Shooting Star...

I really don't see the guest's comment as all that inaccurate.

• Like 1

Can I participate this year, although I work at the Magic Kingdom?

Oh the stories I can share

Colonels - I would love to love to hear some Magic Kingdome guest replies mainly because they would probably be about what I have said or done when we vacationed down there. Trust me I can laugh at myself but….I know how Disney feels about these kinds of posts about their guests especially from cast member. So you may want to think twice right now as I would not want a funny story about me or another MK guest spoil your fun during a wonderful opportunity you are experiencing. Maybe when you can at a later date. Trust me I am not telling you to not too but just saying think twice right now in posting in this thread, I mean this thread hangs by just the thinnest of threads right now and is just one guest insult away from being closed.

"Is this the ride?" -Heard in line for the Great Movie RIDE in December...

I don't know if that actually is a stupid question...i'm not sure I consider it a ride.

Here is a photo I made for my Disney trip photoalbum a few years ago"

disneygreat.jpg

This "ride" is one of the biggest embarrassments that I think exists at WDW...probably second only to the backlot tour. (IMHO)

standbyme - I admit The Great Movie ride may be past its prime and I vowed not to ride it again but one day when it rained and we had the time burn I broke that vowel and glad I did. See after doing the first time with high expectations I just went with the flow the second time around and honestly enjoyed it much better. Let me know what you think about it your second time around too. :P

• Like 1