Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

^ Avatar...so lets see...I have ridden it twice...so maybe third times a charm?! :lol:

I've ridden the GMR many many times. It was at one time my favorite attraction at the Studios (before Tower of Terror opened). Back in the early days of the park when the guides were very into their roles and weren't just college kids with very little acting talent, it was a pretty grand experience. It has declined over the years and could use an update but I don't think its nearly as bad as you say . . . just my opinion! :-)

Well so far that's 3 against 1...so I guess I am in the big minority...at least here. I assumed there had to be some people who liked the ride otherwise it wouldn't be there.

Not that anyone has asked...but my main complaint is that it is SO beneath Disney's usual high standards. Except for The Wicked Witch all of the figures look bad...skin is not supossed to be shiny. After each time going through I kept replaying it in my head trying to figure out how that fact got by the Imagineers. (Were they all supossed to be sweating?) I did enjoy the movie montage at the end.

And now for another honest slam...no joke, if I had to choose between getting a flu shot or riding that ride I would choose a flu shot because it is less painful and it is over faster!

Sure, there's better attractions there, but it's nowhere near as bad as some things I've been on.

Do you mean at WDW? If so, what 2 rides would you rate as worse?

P.S. There is nothing as much fun as taking a thread THIS far off course! :lol:

I didn't mean at WDW, I meant in general. But if I was to stick with WDW, I'd much rather ride GMR than sit through Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey again, or walk through Swiss Family Treehouse. Okay, so those aren't rides, but GMR isn't much of a ride, it's more of a conveyence between movie scenes. :lol:

As far as rides, I can't really think of two that are worse, but GMR is on my "bottom tier" of their rides along with Gran Fiesta Tour, Journey into Imagination with Figment, Maelstom and Snow White's Scary Adventures. They're all okay rides, but they're not must-do's when I go (except for Snow White when I go in July, since it will be taken out soon). I'd probably put Tomorrowland Speedway on that list too, but I've never ridden it so I haven't given it it's fair shot yet.

• Like 1

Last Saturday I had a lady come up and ask me if you had to be 21 to buy shot glasses!! I had to process her question for a second before I realized she was serious!! I gave her a simple "No ma'am" while trying hard not to laugh.

My mom had to buy me a shot glass before. I forget where it was though.

...or walk through Swiss Family Treehouse.

Those are fightin' words! :lol: God I love that tree...it is one of the more magical things at the park to me.

...along with Gran Fiesta Tour

In my opinion that one is SO bad it's fun!

...and Snow White's Scary Adventures. They're all okay rides, but they're not must-do's when I go (except for Snow White when I go in July, since it will be taken out soon).

Which falls into the "You always want what you can't have" mentality...boy that rides sucks...oh, they're taking it out I better ride it! (SOB anyone?!) :P

...and Snow White's Scary Adventures. They're all okay rides, but they're not must-do's when I go (except for Snow White when I go in July, since it will be taken out soon)

Which falls into the "You always want what you can't have" mentality...boy that rides sucks...oh, they're taking it out I better ride it! (SOB anyone?!) :P

I guess it does! :lol: But it's a ride that opened with the park so it will be nice to have one last ride on it for that reason. I didn't know my last ride on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would be my last. I loved that one. :(

Sorry I don't care for the Treehouse. Though I promise I'll look at it from across the way while I'm enjoying my Dole Whip at Aloha Isle! :lol:

I didn't mean at WDW, I meant in general. But if I was to stick with WDW, I'd much rather ride GMR than sit through Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey again, or walk through Swiss Family Treehouse. Okay, so those aren't rides, but GMR isn't much of a ride, it's more of a conveyence between movie scenes. :lol:

As far as rides, I can't really think of two that are worse, but GMR is on my "bottom tier" of their rides along with Gran Fiesta Tour, Journey into Imagination with Figment, Maelstom and Snow White's Scary Adventures. They're all okay rides, but they're not must-do's when I go (except for Snow White when I go in July, since it will be taken out soon). I'd probably put Tomorrowland Speedway on that list too, but I've never ridden it so I haven't given it it's fair shot yet.

Oooh, dearie. Gran Fiesta Tour... it's the only ride in WS that mocks the country whose pavilion it's in. I guess I just have bad taste in rides. I rode Mission: Space once in 2004 or 2005, never again (funny how sinkholes magically develop when a sponsor leaves...). I also liked Journey Into YOUR Imagination (version before this one) and Ellen's Energy Adventure. Go figure.

Overheard in the park today: "Where's the Mind Eraser?" Over in Action Zone next to Flight Deck, I suppose...

This evening walking through Starlight Spectacular....The Eiffel Tower has a stripe like Charlie Brown's shirt.....

Girl 1. Look, that looks like Charlie Brown....

Girl 2. What does?

Girl 1. Right there on the tower, it looks like his shirt.

Girl 2. Meh, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have never seen him before.

Keep in mind we are standing beside his character and the employees are all wearing his shirt.

-------------------------------

Exiting Vortex, and WS is up off the ground about 20 or so feet.

Woman--See the junk ride is busted, they cannot get it to rotate without jambing up,

About a minute prior the ride was on the ground and rotating just fine.

• Like 1

While waiting in line at Dodgems at Coney Island on Sunday, I heard a guest say that Coney Island used to have a lot more rides "until Kings Island bought them out". Yes, KI is home to several rides that were once at Coney, but they never bought out Coney.

And yet....

The company that opened Kings Island, Taft Broadcasting, did in fact buy Coney Island of Ohio prior to building KI, and Coney DID in fact have a lot more rides than it does now. At least one of us here was LIVID at that company for demolishing Shooting Star...

I really don't see the guest's comment as all that inaccurate.

Don't get me started Terpie about the demolishment of Shooting Star.

Shouldn't this topic be titled "Guest Say the Darndest Things" I don't know what "Darnest" means! After reading this topic for months, I just noticed the spelling today. Duh.

Yesterday, dad leaving Delirium with kid, "Let's go to Firehawk, that line moves really fast!"

• Like 1