Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

sorry, i know this isn't at Kings Island, but yesterday at steak n' shake a girl, who was taking the 'damsel in distress' gag to a new level, yelled above the restaurant, "i just don't understand it, when we got here i was starving, and now that we're leaving i'm not hungry anymore!"

many people were blankly staring at her like 'really?'

• Like 1

I was standing on the walkway of the Starlight Spectacular during the fireworks and a girl walked by one of the employees who was holding the controls for the opening/closing flower things. She said, "Are you controlling the fireworks?!?!" The employee said enthusiastically, "I WISH!"

The Starlight Spectacular employees seem to have the best personalities. A couple weeks ago, my friend and I, in a spectacular case of slaphappiness, started dancing like Peanuts characters while walking through the lights. A group of teenage girls, who eventually even got pictures with us, joined in. Before we knew it, an employee hopped in and did a fantastic impression of Linus's dancing in the Peanuts Christmas special. :lol: It by far made my night.

And now I'm wondering why I just admitted publicly to dancing in an amusement park. Oh well! :lol:

• Like 1

I was standing on the walkway of the Starlight Spectacular during the fireworks and a girl walked by one of the employees who was holding the controls for the opening/closing flower things. She said, "Are you controlling the fireworks?!?!" The employee said enthusiastically, "I WISH!"

The Starlight Spectacular employees seem to have the best personalities. A couple weeks ago, my friend and I, in a spectacular case of slaphappiness, started dancing like Peanuts characters while walking through the lights. A group of teenage girls, who eventually even got pictures with us, joined in. Before we knew it, an employee hopped in and did a fantastic impression of Linus's dancing in the Peanuts Christmas special. :lol: It by far made my night.

And now I'm wondering why I just admitted publicly to dancing in an amusement park. Oh well! :lol:

Oh don't feel embarrassed. I once spent half an hour trying to catch the bubbles in my souvenir cup a few weeks ago.

Speaking of bubbles I saw that whenever a group of people walks through The Starlight Spectacular when the bubbles are blowing they get very excited and run towards them while yelling out "BUBBLES!!!!!"

Kings Island should place a bunch of bubble machines around the park and call the first Sunday of every month Bubble Day. They'd get a lot of ticket sales for Bubble Day.

Couple sitting on bench across from BLSC with their heads buried in the park map. We're exiting, walking towards Vortex. Guy looks up, I guess he notices I'm an old fart about his age and comes up and says, "Where is Back Lot Stunt Coaster?" I point right behind us, "It's right there." He says, "Is it a coaster?" I said, "Yes, Back Lot Stunt Coaster is a Coaster!" He laughed when he realized what he asked.

• Like 1

I have an admission to make. My first trip to CP was in 2006. We stayed at Breakers Express, and track pieces of what turned out to be Maverick were sitting next to Breakers Express. When I saw them, I concluded that they must be extra track pieces for Top Thrill Dragster.

I know...

• Like 1

Some people think that the spaceship in Flight of Fear's queue is the actual ride--one of those things that spins. Some even leave when seeing it and thiking that, thinking that it's probably dumb.

You would be surprised to hear how many people do not realize that the ship in FOF's queue is really only half of a ship

• Like 1

"This ride has only been here one year." --Some girl, while in line for DB

That's reasonable. Now, if she was in line for The Beast and had said that, well, she needs to read up some more on the Internet.

or just look at any of the signs around the park -__-

• 2 weeks later...

as i was about to enter AE some dad with a couple kids were blocking the way in and the kids were like lets ride this and the dad was like, no its not worth it its not even a roller coaster. guess he should have asked someone what it was eh? :-)

• Like 1

"I heard they were gonna turn one of The Beast trains backwards for Haunt!" -Someone in line for Beast.

Not gonna lie that would be pretty darn fun though but I dont think its possible or is it im gonna feel real dumb here in a couple of posts

• Like 1

I've been lurking here for a couple months. I went to Kings Island for the first time this weekend and had to create an account to share this because I thought it was really funny.

My boyfriend and I were waiting in line for the Backlot Stunt Coaster. The line was kind of long, and eventually started spilling out of the queue, so someone came in to open more. The guy in front of us, in all seriousness, says, "Good, now the line will move faster!" It became the joke of the weekend. Also, there was a girl with the guy in front of us, and after waiting for about 3 minutes, she decided she didn't want to wait anymore. She apparently didn't realize she would have to wait for her friend to go through the queue and the coaster, anyway. She stayed after he pointed this out.

Also in the same line, there were a few burly-looking guys behind us, who seemed kind of drunk to me, and they were watching the WindSeeker. One guy says he would never go on it, because the arms are likely to "snap at any time." I doubt the engineers thought of that when planning the ride!

• Like 1

I've been lurking here for a couple months. I went to Kings Island for the first time this weekend and had to create an account to share this because I thought it was really funny.

My boyfriend and I were waiting in line for the Backlot Stunt Coaster. The line was kind of long, and eventually started spilling out of the queue, so someone came in to open more. The guy in front of us, in all seriousness, says, "Good, now the line will move faster!" It became the joke of the weekend. Also, there was a girl with the guy in front of us, and after waiting for about 3 minutes, she decided she didn't want to wait anymore. She apparently didn't realize she would have to wait for her friend to go through the queue and the coaster, anyway. She stayed after he pointed this out.

Also in the same line, there were a few burly-looking guys behind us, who seemed kind of drunk to me, and they were watching the WindSeeker. One guy says he would never go on it, because the arms are likely to "snap at any time." I doubt the engineers thought of that when planning the ride!

Welcome to KIC! I hope you enjoy it here, it really is a nice place to talk to people and learn more about parks and coasters!

• Like 1

Great stories, thanks for sharing! Welcome to KIC!

• Like 1