Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

This has happened plenty of times on a number of rides, but it's still a "duh" moment.

At Firehawk, everyone is waiting outside of the queue and the trains aren't running, and someone goes up to the person who answers questions "Is this closed?"

• Like 1

"Can you show me where Drop Tower is?" There was so I was thinking at the time. But instead of cracking a joke, I was nice and showed them where the entrance was.

"Where's the Eiffel Tower?" (take three steps back, look up and to your right a little)

"Where's [insert attraction in Boomerang Bay here]?" (this is where I give the most detailed directions possible ;) )

"Do y'all have Pepsi?" (I think Coke would be very disappointed that, with all the park's Coke advertising, people still ask this)

I love questions.

• Like 1

On the Eiffel Tower, an older man asked me why so many of our roller coasters look just alike.

me: "No, sir, that's just one coaster, but you can't see all of it through the trees." Of course, he was then taken aback by the size of Diamondback, until I pointed out The Beast in the distance.

him: "Why do you leave so many trees standing?"

me: "This is a rainforest?" (Imagine the cost of cutting down trees in Ohio.)

He had a British accent, so it's forgivable, but still, I'm imagining all the amusement parks in England being made up of tall but very short roller coasters on seas of asphalt.

• Like 1

"Do y'all have Pepsi?" (I think Coke would be very disappointed that, with all the park's Coke advertising, people still ask this)

That's nothing, I was at KFC this one time and this guy kept complaining that they don't have Coke. The lady tried explaining that they carried Pepsi products, not Coke products. He says "I know y'all have Pepsi, but y'all should get Coke, too. It's all the same."

• Like 1

I thought this was amusing while in line for Beast the other day:

Kid: Dad, why are they running an empty train?

Dad: Well, that's in memorial of all those who have passed on while riding Beast. They do it every morning out of respect

Kid: :blink:

• Like 2

At Magic Kingdom last week, I was walking near a family that was complaining about the heat. The dad said, "Well, y'all ready to get on a ride then? Let's go!" and they headed straight for....

...drum roll, please....

SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON TREEHOUSE! :lol:

The Starlight Spectacular employees seem to have the best personalities. A couple weeks ago, my friend and I, in a spectacular case of slaphappiness, started dancing like Peanuts characters while walking through the lights. A group of teenage girls, who eventually even got pictures with us, joined in. Before we knew it, an employee hopped in and did a fantastic impression of Linus's dancing in the Peanuts Christmas special. :lol: It by far made my night.

And now I'm wondering why I just admitted publicly to dancing in an amusement park. Oh well! :lol:

That's alright, I suspect quite a few of us may have danced in amusement parks before. I know I have!

Yesterday at the park, I heard somebody say the one thing that obligatorily must be said about any ride that is closed for more than a few days. Yep, the "Somebody died" rumor has finally started to circulate regarding Vortex. Even though from WindSeeker, you could clearly see workers doing repairs to the lift hill...

• Like 1

Im sure people have said this already but at least twice once while waiting for Flight Deck and once for Invertigo, I have heard people say that Son of Beast is called Adventure Express. Once I even heard them say that they were scared to go on AE. LOL.

• Like 1

I just started a new job recently...........a couple of girls I work with were talking about going to KI soon........

Girl 1: OMG have you seen the commercial for that new wind seeker ride? Its like 250 ft tall!!

Me: Um, actually its 301 ft tall

Girl 1: stares blankly at me..........

Girl 2: Wow, that is really really high up

Girl 1: Well there is no way I will ride it because one of the seats broke and a dummy flew out of it when they were testing it.

Me: Blank stare at girl 1......................um no that is not true it is a RUMOR

Girl 1: no, its not. It really happened.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday at the park, I heard somebody say the one thing that obligatorily must be said about any ride that is closed for any period of time. Yep, the "Somebody died" rumor has finally started to circulate regarding Vortex. Even though from WindSeeker, you could clearly see workers doing repairs to the lift hill...

fixed

I just started a new job recently...........a couple of girls I work with were talking about going to KI soon........

Girl 1: OMG have you seen the commercial for that new wind seeker ride? Its like 250 ft tall!!

Me: Um, actually its 301 ft tall

Girl 1: stares blankly at me..........

Girl 2: Wow, that is really really high up

Girl 1: Well there is no way I will ride it because one of the seats broke and a dummy flew out of it when they were testing it.

Me: Blank stare at girl 1......................um no that is not true it is a RUMOR

Girl 1: no, its not. It really happened.

you should have said if that really happened do you honestly think the park or the state would let the ride open?

• Like 1

When me and a friend were getting of The Racers a couple days back. I think it was around 9:30. A person behind us asked, did anyone see that boy walking on the track? So I asked which one, the one in the white shirt, or the one in the red?

• Like 1

In line for Drop Tower today, girl in front of me asks other girl in front of me: "Do you wanna ride Son of Beast before we go to the other side of the park?"

Other girl in front of me says "Nah, I don't wanna ride Son of Beast." Good thing she said no, they would've been waiting a long while to get on the ride.

• Like 1

Got 2 from this weekend:

Walking back to the park from FD a family was coming in the exit looking at a map. I said the FD entrance is around the corner. The dad looked up from the map and said they were looking for the Snoopy kids area. I said, "It's on the other side of the park." He looked at the map TURNED IT UPSIDE DOWN, thanked me, and started heading the right way. Can't make this stuff up, huh?

Delirium ride op counts to 50, 3 people ahead of us. There's 2 guys 10 to 11 years old right behind us, one says to the other the greatest sentence I've heard in years, " Man, we really got close to not getting on that ride." Still working through that one.

• Like 1