Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Yesterday while walking through Action Zone, I overheard somebody commenting that SOB was closed because cars had flown off the track on the first drop. :wacko:

ill never get why every time a ride closes for any length of time alot of people seem to assume someone died or the cars flew off the track

• Like 2

I have a new Favorite, Yesterday my friend and I were talking about Kings Island and he asked which one I went to, I then asked what he meant and he said that there was more than one Kings Island. After that I proceeded to explain that while there are more than one Cedar Fair parks, there is only one Kings Island.

• Like 1

Got two before 11 AM on 8/22/11

Final break run for DB (on brown train): A Boy behind me: "We should not ride the brown train any more, it feels like it is coming off the track."Boy 2: "I don't see a brown coaster." Boy 1 - "No, the train we are on now see it is brown."

After getting off The Beast a few gentlemen around 50 years old. Guy 1 - "Man, The Beast is not as smooth as I remember. It is getting old." Guy 2 - "Maybe it is the rider getting old." Guy 1 "True, but I think they are going to retire that ride real soon."

A funny personal conversion:

Later, in queue for AE the train before ours was dispatched and the ride op states - "AE, KI's only Hybrid coaster." I turned to my wife and said, "So how many people in the station think AE gets really good gas mileage?"

After a quick laugh and not knowing if my wife actually knew the answer I said "Since you are a card carrying coaster club member, what is a hybrid?" My wife got it right. I was so proud.

• Like 2

In line for WindSeeker, a girl asked her dad what The Beast was. He replied "It's the thing in the woods that beats you up". :rolleyes:

I'm trying to see what part of that is wrong :P

My daughter and I get a kick out of this thread and similar "rumors" like Vortex sinking and the like. So joking around, we repeat a lot of them. Here's two:

In line for only our third ride ever on Millennium Force, she had forgotten that the riders exit before the train returns to the loading part of the station. Thinking that maybe they had dispatched an empty train, completely deadpan, she said "Wonder why the train's empty?" I responded with "they all fell out on the loop." The two girls next to us looked at me like I was the devil.

In line for WindSeeker at Kings Island:

Ride op: How many?

Us: Two.

Ride op: seats 1 and 2 please

Me: Sweet! We're in the front row!

Totally humorless guy behind us: You know the seats are in a circle and there's no front seat, right?

(I half expected to see that last exchange posted on here from the other perspective.)

• Like 1

In line for WindSeeker, a girl asked her dad what The Beast was. He replied "It's the thing in the woods that beats you up". :rolleyes:

I'm trying to see what part of that is wrong :P

My daughter and I get a kick out of this thread and similar "rumors" like Vortex sinking and the like. So joking around, we repeat a lot of them. Here's two:

In line for only our third ride ever on Millennium Force, she had forgotten that the riders exit before the train returns to the loading part of the station. Thinking that maybe they had dispatched an empty train, completely deadpan, she said "Wonder why the train's empty?" I responded with "they all fell out on the loop." The two girls next to us looked at me like I was the devil.

In line for WindSeeker at Kings Island:

Ride op: How many?

Us: Two.

Ride op: seats 1 and 2 please

Me: Sweet! We're in the front row!

Totally humorless guy behind us: You know the seats are in a circle and there's no front seat, right?

(I half expected to see that last exchange posted on here from the other perspective.)

I also have done that on WindSeeker. I got seat 1 here awhile back, and I got all excited and said I got the front seat! I also got seat 64 once, and

did the same thing and got all excited and said I in the back seat! I think the front seat on WindSeeker is a lot better than the back! Probably

because the restraint seems less tight on that seat than the back. Ha Ha. That part is true, but I love saying seat 1 is the front seat on

WindSeeker!

My friend said "Too bad that Paramount sold Kings Island, they were great owners. Now they are owned by Six Flags."

I think I gave him a blank stare for about 3 minutes.

Then I yelled "There are so many things wrong with that sentence!" :rolleyes:

I think that for a large portion of the GP, they do not have a clue who or what Cedar Fair is. I think this is primarily due to CF not slapping their name on all their parks (thank God), and in general, just not being as "out there" as other operators. Many times I hear people saying that Cedar Point owns Kings Island. With the Six Flags thing, I think that is a combination of people seeing the random groupings of "Six Flags" around the park, as well as the CF typeface dotting the "i"s with flags. Which is kind of funny if you think about it.

• Like 1

Having worked 3 seasons at Cedar Point now, I have countless stories I could tell that make me shake my head. The best probably came from this summer at Millennium Force, we had stopped a train on the lift (on purpose), and were down for a short period of time. I was working at the entrance during this particular incident, when this guy split off from his group (rudely) demanding to know why I wasn't letting them in. After trying to really explain the situation to him to no avail, I gave up and politely informed him that the ride had run out of gas. He said "Oh," and then went back to his group and repeated it to them, so they decided to walk across to Mantis, which was, and had been for awhile, down as well...When they came back wanting to know why Mantis was down, I told him we shared fuel tanks, and they were having the same issue as we were...He again bought it, and they walked away...

• Like 5

I think that for a large portion of the GP, they do not have a clue who or what Cedar Fair is. I think this is primarily due to CF not slapping their name on all their parks (thank God), and in general, just not being as "out there" as other operators. Many times I hear people saying that Cedar Point owns Kings Island. With the Six Flags thing, I think that is a combination of people seeing the random groupings of "Six Flags" around the park, as well as the CF typeface dotting the "i"s with flags. Which is kind of funny if you think about it.

I still have a strong, strong suspicion that CF was going to try doing that... look at all the original Cedar Fair KI logos that have the corporate logo with the two coasters crossing and "Cedar Fair Entertainment Company" underneath.

• Like 1

While browsing Youtube this afternoon, I came across a video of Drop Tower where someone commented that they "heard a guy got stuck up at the top for an hour, fell asleep, and when the ride started working and dropped, he died of a heart attack." Oooookay.

• Like 1

One of our teachers today asked what we did over summer and one kid said he went to Kings Island and rode Diamondback, the tallest roller coaster in the world. To make it funnier he said, well maybe not the world, but at least the United States. I couldn't help but to chuckle.

And the other day someone told me that The Racers had caught on fire. Is this true?

• Like 1

This isn't about Kings Island, but I heard quite a few interesting things at Kennywood and Hersheypark recently about several parks that I never knew before...

For instance, did you guys know that Magnum XL-200 has a 220-foot lift hill and a 350-foot drop? They dug a tunnel so it could go underground.

Or that Kingda Ka kills people regularly?

• Like 1