Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Overheard in line for Flight of Fear: "Diamondback is WAY scarier than Drop Tower!".

I think it's possible that there are people who are terrified of coasters, but have no fear whatsoever of Drop Towers. I've seen stranger things: one friend of mine loves loves loves Delirium, but is absolutely petrified of Viking Fury. Go figure.

• Like 1

Yesterday in line for Flight Deck the ride ops decided to play a game called "Guess The Movie" and the guy quoted "Life is like a box of chocolates." Someone beside me said "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" & his friend decided to correct him, being correct saying "No dumb***, it's Forrest Gump"

• Like 1

Overheard in line for Flight of Fear: "Diamondback is WAY scarier than Drop Tower!".

I think it's possible that there are people who are terrified of coasters, but have no fear whatsoever of Drop Towers. I've seen stranger things: one friend of mine loves loves loves Delirium, but is absolutely petrified of Viking Fury. Go figure.

I will say that while Viking Fury gets me a little bit queasy every time, Delirium does not bother me at all. Doesn't stop me from riding Viking Fury, but still...

"I don't want to be up here when that thing goes off!"

Guest on Eiffel Tower, pointing at the microwave transmitter (that thing that looks like a gray, sideways saucer on the SW side).

If you've ever stood in front of the antenna on a microwave radio when someone keys the mic, you won't want to stand in front of it again.

And then, there was this logical gem:

"All these tall towers got flashin' lights on top of 'em so as they don't run in to each other."

:huh:

That sounds like something I'd tell my kids. Usually followed with "Daa--aaaddd..... <_< " I told my youngest that the flashing lights on The Racer's climb hill make it work better and go faster after dark. Her BS detector is getting pretty good.

I took my Brazilian exchange student friend to the park Thursday, and since she had never been there before, we had to use descriptions instead of ride names. DB was "the tall one," and FoF was "the dark one." I felt like one of the unknowing guests, but it was okay because she's from Brazil :)

We encountered a weird guest in line for Beast. Some kid, who most likely had three Red Bulls before coming to the park, was dressed as Napoleon Dynamite. Wig, glasses, and a Vote For Pedro shirt. He kept telling everyone in line to vote for Pedro and including a little dance to go along with it. He took his wig off when he got on the train. Now my question is, why would you want to dress up in a costume with a wig to an amusement park? Who knows.

Now my question is, why would you want to dress up in a costume with a wig to an amusement park? Who knows.

The true question is why not? I do, its called my hair...

While my friend and I were about to board Flight of Fear i heard these two girls who were probably 15 were talking. Because they were behind us we overheard that they both loved the ride. Then just as we were boarding one said to the other " I love this ride because it doesn't go upside down." I was like :blink:

• Like 2

Two weeks ago I was in line for Racer and some lady in front of us was talking to her kids "Do you want to go backwards or forwards?"

Somebody hasn't been there in a long time...

That could have been me on our first trip as a family last fall. I was surprised and a little disappointed. It really seems odd using one line to access both trains.

Here are a few from my last visit to the park.

While getting off The Racer a family said to another family member "we are on the way to ride Son of Beast." I really wanted to follow them to see what ride they actually got on.

A kid sitting down in AZ was looking at the map and was almost looking at SOB and said "I think they took SOB off the map."

We took the whole family through The Beast queue, including our 2 year old. Someone in the queue said "she's not tall enough to ride." I don't know who said it, but if I had, I would have probably told them she had ridden it before. :o I was nice though!

• Like 1

Funny statement- nothing to do with KI.....

Reletive through marriage just put on their FB status:

Leaving shortly to take Nicole to the MGM Wizarding World of Harry Potter. A perfect surprise for a girl obsessed with Harry Potter!

Knowledge of theme park intellectual property is not universal.

• Like 1

Guest on Eiffel Tower, pointing at the microwave transmitter (that thing that looks like a gray, sideways saucer on the SW side).

If you've ever stood in front of the antenna on a microwave radio when someone keys the mic, you won't want to stand in front of it again.

[

I think he thought it was an alarm bell; but well said of the ill effects of direct, near-transmitter microwave exposure. Fries, anyone? (Kidding. Something called a rectenna is supposed to remedy such danger).

[

I think he thought it was an alarm bell; but well said of the ill effects of direct, near-transmitter microwave exposure. Fries, anyone? (Kidding. Something called a rectenna is supposed to remedy such danger).

I'm not sure a rectenna make things any better - it sounds too much like a pain in the butt. :P

• Like 3

Not actual guests saying things, but this past Friday when my sister and I were at the park, I saw a group of about 10 teenagers crammed into the Family Dryer. It was quite funny, especially considering that it was still 83 or 84 outside. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it.

• Like 1

I was at the park on Saturday and was in line with my nephew for Stunt Coaster. A group of kids (under the age of 11/12?) started talking to my nephew (10) and myself (25+). The kids' mom was standing in the grass by the que talking and watching the kids (not sure why she didnt just stand in line, but W.E. The little girl says "Did you know that when Wind Seeker opened up, a dummy flew out?" and I said: "Oh I didnt, that sounds bad," really I didnt want to stand there and correct a little girl... then her mom drops this bomb "Oh no, when the dummy flew out it landed in Soak City. That is why the ride was down a lot last year. The had to take some of it down to lower its height, slow its speed down, and create better seats." Yea I didnt know what to say to that.... I could have taught her the physics needed to throw a dummy to Soak City, how stupid her comment was, or even ask the question of "why would they need to take parts off of it to lower it?"

• Like 1

I was at the park on Saturday and was in line with my nephew for Stunt Coaster. A group of kids (under the age of 11/12?) started talking to my nephew (10) and myself (25+). The kids' mom was standing in the grass by the que talking and watching the kids (not sure why she didnt just stand in line, but W.E. The little girl says "Did you know that when Wind Seeker opened up, a dummy flew out?" and I said: "Oh I didnt, that sounds bad," really I didnt want to stand there and correct a little girl... then her mom drops this bomb "Oh no, when the dummy flew out it landed in Soak City. That is why the ride was down a lot last year. The had to take some of it down to lower its height, slow its speed down, and create better seats." Yea I didnt know what to say to that.... I could have taught her the physics needed to throw a dummy to Soak City, how stupid her comment was, or even ask the question of "why would they need to take parts off of it to lower it?"

Oh my God, this made my day. :lol: This just goes to show that it's not just the young who are clueless.
  • Like 1