Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

That sounds like a can of sardines if you ask me...

Hey, Album Reviews is over in another thread! :P

LOL that they crammed into the dryer, though. I guess the photo booths don't have that added element of "danger."

Well i am a man at work, in the land down under, or better yet the one who just breathes and is another brick in the wall.

• Like 2

I was at the park on Saturday and was in line with my nephew for Stunt Coaster. A group of kids (under the age of 11/12?) started talking to my nephew (10) and myself (25+). The kids' mom was standing in the grass by the que talking and watching the kids (not sure why she didnt just stand in line, but W.E. The little girl says "Did you know that when Wind Seeker opened up, a dummy flew out?" and I said: "Oh I didnt, that sounds bad," really I didnt want to stand there and correct a little girl... then her mom drops this bomb "Oh no, when the dummy flew out it landed in Soak City. That is why the ride was down a lot last year. The had to take some of it down to lower its height, slow its speed down, and create better seats." Yea I didnt know what to say to that.... I could have taught her the physics needed to throw a dummy to Soak City, how stupid her comment was, or even ask the question of "why would they need to take parts off of it to lower it?"

Oh my God, this made my day. :lol: This just goes to show that it's not just the young who are clueless.

No kidding - I mean everyone knows it was called Boomerang Bay when the dummy fell off WindSeeker :)

That rumor is a good example of how quickly false info can travel - I'm amazed at how often it is shared.

• Like 1

I was at the park on Saturday and was in line with my nephew for Stunt Coaster. A group of kids (under the age of 11/12?) started talking to my nephew (10) and myself (25+). The kids' mom was standing in the grass by the que talking and watching the kids (not sure why she didnt just stand in line, but W.E. The little girl says "Did you know that when Wind Seeker opened up, a dummy flew out?" and I said: "Oh I didnt, that sounds bad," really I didnt want to stand there and correct a little girl... then her mom drops this bomb "Oh no, when the dummy flew out it landed in Soak City. That is why the ride was down a lot last year. The had to take some of it down to lower its height, slow its speed down, and create better seats." Yea I didnt know what to say to that.... I could have taught her the physics needed to throw a dummy to Soak City, how stupid her comment was, or even ask the question of "why would they need to take parts off of it to lower it?"

Oh my God, this made my day. :lol: This just goes to show that it's not just the young who are clueless.

No kidding - I mean everyone knows it was called Boomerang Bay when the dummy fell off WindSeeker :)

That rumor is a good example of how quickly false info can travel - I'm amazed at how often it is shared.

The whole thing was a rumor, correct? The whole thing with a dummy falling out period?

I get asked this every time at KI "Whats the time?"

Why does this go under this thread, it's a very simple question...

Yeah, I get asked that all the time. Hell, I was asked that question at least three times during Coasting for Kids. So many people rely on their cell phone for the time these days instead of a watch like I do, and when they stick it in an overpriced locker to avoid losing it in DB's nets or having it ruined on WWC, they're left with no way to determine the time except to ask someone with a watch. The question is even more common in the waterpark, where I'm often the only person in sight with a watch because mine is waterproof. So it's not a dumb question at all.

• Like 1

I actually dont mind the people on The Racer talking about it going backwards. It ran backwards for many years, so many that most park patrons never knew it any other way. Now its switched to go forward again. Yes I know it has been this way for a few years now, but this weekend was the first time I had gone to KI in about 3-4 years and I had a moment walking to The Racer thinking "I want to ride the backwards one" before catching myself.... Those mistakes dont bother me as much as the pure crazy/stupid comments.

If a ride seriously broke down or was sinking or etc. the park would make changes, quickly right?

• Like 1

If a ride seriously broke down or was sinking or etc. the park would make changes, quickly right?

Didn't we just prove that if a ride had a problem with its foundation (whether shifting, sinking, or just not right), they did make changes - and quickly.

Didn't we just prove that if a ride had a problem with its foundation (whether shifting, sinking, or just not right), they did make changes - and quickly.

Thats my point. Sorry if it was confusing. Park guests who make absurd comments about things that wouldnt make sense if they just thought about it for a few moments, really bothers me.....

Last night, The Beast shut down for fireworks. The group ahead of us (somewhere around 6 people) were talking about why it was closed. Heres how the conversation went between three people.

Person 1: They closed down The Beast for fireworks.

Person 2: Nu uh! There's people getting on it!

Person 1: No, those are people coming back and leaving!

Person 2: No! They're bout to leave!... Oh wait... But now they're doing test runs!

Person 3: They do test runs during fireworks, so if one doesn't come back... *shakes head and makes that one "stop" gesture with hand and throat (I dunno how to describe that)*

Person 2: Gosh.

The whole time, I'm just biting my tongue, trying to not correct them...

• Like 1

I'm surprised BB1 hasn't posted yet about a family at the park saying "Let's go to Soak City!"

:rolleyes:

Hopefully someone understands.

I'm surprised BB1 hasn't posted yet about a family at the park saying "Let's go to Soak City!"

Haha, oh yeah, I wanna go there, right now. :lol:

They actually have................

I don't think you understood what he is saying, he's saying he's surprised you haven't posted here about someone saying it & you over hearing it, the bringing it here. :mellow:

I don't think you understood what he is saying, he's saying he's surprised you haven't posted here about someone saying it & you over hearing it, the bringing it here. :mellow:

Well then here my good sir a few weeks back actually my family said "Ready for Soak City", then at SC they called everything by the new names (Which I still dont know!) guests say the oddest things. Although I have let up on pestering names...

Well then here my good sir a few weeks back actually my family said "Ready for Soak City", then at SC they called everything by the new names (Which I still dont know!) guests say the oddest things. Although I have let up on pestering names...

Please just learn the new names and get the heck over Boomerang Bay, things change!

Please just learn the new names and get the heck over Boomerang Bay, things change!

I still haven't forgiven them for changing "Cross County Highway" to "Ronald Reagan Highway". Do you know how difficult it is to break that habit and give useful, intelligent directions?

-People who use the term "gold pass" and "season pass" interchangeably.

-People who use the term "ticket" and "pass" interchangeably.

Also, there is currently a post asking "Can I have a free gold pass?" on KI's FB page.

I change from calling it Gold Pass and season pass. Don't have to get too specific.

I always have a fun time looking at people's posts on FacebooK!