Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Where are they getting that it was given only one chance? After the loop was removed, it operated for most of the 2007 season, all of the 2008 season and part of the 2009 season before it was closed again. In my book that should be hundreds, if not thousands, of chances.

• Like 1

This is a combination Guests Say/Do the Darnest Things. My friend and I walk into the bathroom yesterday in Camp Snoopy across from the chicken game. We see by the urinals a woman who appears to be changing her kids' wet clothes. She looks at us and apologizes after just realizing she was in the wrong bathroom. Hello, what do you think those urinals were for? ( lol.)

• Like 2

Coasterfanatic and I used our VIP passes that we won on twitter over the 4th of July. We sat on the front row of Diamondback for probably three straight rides, and a 9 year old kid asked how we got to stay on the front. Our tour guide said that we were the park's VIPs. The kid responded by asking us if we were friends with Justin Timberlake. Apparently JT's friends are VIPs in that kid's mind. :)

It made us laugh the whole ride.

• Like 8

(Setting: The end of the line at Vortex, at the bottom of the stairs, below the sign. Girl 1, approximately 14-16 years old, runs up and gets in line behind Gator & GatorGirl.)

GIRL 1: (to friend) "Come on, get in line!"

GIRL 2: "I'm not waiting in that line. It's too long!" (Wait time ended up being < 10 minutes).

(Girl 1 & Girl 2 continue to argue for a minute about the wait time.)

GIRL 1: (to Gator and the group of 4 guys in front of him) "Can I cut you guys? I think my friends are up there."

Gator turns around and gives Girl 1 a death stare, thinking to himself "Really? I just stood here and listened to you argue with your friend justifying the wait time to her, and NOW you're playing the 'my friends are already in line' card?"

Before Gator has the chance to express his thoughts to Girl 1, she sees the look on his face, as well as the disapproving looks on the faces of the group in front of him, and immediately follows Girl 2 , who by that point is already on her way out of the line. Girl 1 and Girl 2 walk towards The Vortex exit, but are soon distracted by two boys around their age, with whom they immediately stop to talk and flirt.

END SCENE

• Like 6

I just felt that the Outer Limits thing was more funny than stuped.

Riding Adventure Express, couple behind me:

Wife: Whys they gots all dis wood?

Husband: Cuz it's just there for special effex, yeh know?

EDIT: ^That might've been a perverted "joke".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While standing in line for Millennium Force right next to the brake run yesterday, someone in the front seat was screaming "Fruit (censored) yeah! Fruit yeah! Fruit yeah!" all the way from the turn into the hill, the over banked turn, and the brake run. After the ride stopped he was still screaming at the top of his lungs. You had to be here...

• Confused 1

I have had people ask me about you know what alot during Haunt last year. I could only tell them that i really don't know what is going on with it. And that was true.

So you know now?

--

Riding Drop Tower last Friday:

"That's for Great Wolf Lodge because it says Timberwolf."

Yesterday in line for Adventure Express, a girl behind me in line looked over the "fence" toward Son of Beast and asked her friend, "Wait, are we in line for that ride" (pointing to SOB) "This is a really long line for that!"

Edit: Forgot to tell my favorite conversation overheard on the elevator for Eiffel Tower:

Ride Op: "Does anyone have any questions on our way down?"

Guest: "Yeah, what's going on with Son of Beast?"

R.O: "Short story, Son of Beast costs too much to maintain, so they haven't been operating it for 4 years. They bought 3 new trains that never worked."

Guest: "Oh my gahhhd, that's crazy"

Edited by MF2000CMH

Sorry for a double post, no one has commented today and I found a youtube video that I think needs looked at.

I have to wonder, why this guy didn't look up information on the park before attending...yet it's the parks fault that all this stuff "went wrong." I mean, he has internet to upload a youtube video, so why not go to www.visitkingsisland.com?

It makes me kind of laugh when guests think they are entitled to so much...and to a point they are..but come on!

• Like 1

I'll admit something stupid I said when I was younger. I was probably ten when I first joined PointBuzz. I read a lot of topics about Magnum and its "ejector seat." Little did I know that it was called that because of the airtime it provided. I told my friends Magnum actually had an ejector seat with a parachute in case of emergencies. :) haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sorry for a double post, no one has commented today and I found a youtube video that I think needs looked at.

I have to wonder, why this guy didn't look up information on the park before attending...yet it's the parks fault that all this stuff "went wrong." I mean, he has internet to upload a youtube video, so why not go to www.visitkingsisland.com?

It makes me kind of laugh when guests think they are entitled to so much...and to a point they are..but come on!

I have to say I don't think it's that expensive. I took a group of 5 (2 kids 3 adults) for the entire day at the park on about $350. Now keep in mind that is including $100 in gas for my guzzling SUV for the nearly 500 mile round trip. So $250 for parking, admission, food for 5 of us is really not that expensive, and we really enjoyed our day.

• 3 weeks later...

More of a do darnest things- walking by the larger arcade the other day, a kid walking out of it had one of those air hockey pucks in his hand and dropped it in front of one of the game attendants running one of those race games and put it in his backpack. The attendant saw it and was like "is that a hockey puck where did you get one of those.....wait a min thats an air hockey puck". I didn't get to see if he called security on him for obviously stealing a air puck cause my kid needed to use restroom bad but i hope he did. I mean how lame is it to steal one of those.

• Like 1