Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Guests may say the darndest things, but so do the employees.

During one of my lasts visits to the park during the 2012 season,

My boyfriend and I went up to the Eiffel Tower to take pictures of the park.

I over heard another guest asking a ton of questions about the different rides (it sounded like he hadn't been to the park since the early 80's).

When he started asking about SoB, and asked why it was being torn down.

The employee told him that the ride was being torn down because it was over 20 years old and falling apart. I think he even added the "it killed someone" rumor.

I'm not sure if he was just bs'ing with the guy, or clueless. lol

Clueless would be my bet. I ask them questions i know they dont know,just for fun! :blink: I also have answered many questions guests asked that they didnt know.Dont get me wrong,some know things,a few are clueless!

Guests may say the darndest things, but so do the employees.

During one of my lasts visits to the park during the 2012 season,

My boyfriend and I went up to the Eiffel Tower to take pictures of the park.

I over heard another guest asking a ton of questions about the different rides (it sounded like he hadn't been to the park since the early 80's).

When he started asking about SoB, and asked why it was being torn down.

The employee told him that the ride was being torn down because it was over 20 years old and falling apart. I think he even added the "it killed someone" rumor.

I'm not sure if he was just bs'ing with the guy, or clueless. lol

Well there is only one true liable source for all your Park needs, the Dippin Dots guy

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last night, I went to see Fireflight and Disciple at The Underground (a large Christian club in Forest Park for those not from this area). As is usually the case with large concerts like that, they didn't have any chairs out for you to sit in. While standing in line waiting for Disciple to come sign autographs after the show, one girl in front of me told her friend that she didn't think she'd ever had to stand that long before. Her friend commented "At least at Kings Island you get to sit down!". As the conversation continued, one of them mentioned The Beast, and the coaster was then referred to as "the fastest roller coaster ride that's wooden".

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Coworker 1 to coworker 2 during a conversation about Kings Island: "Hey, remember when they had The Bat? I rode that. It was awesome. I think it was the prototype for that Top Gun ride."

Me: *perks up, listens in*

Coworker 1: "Yeah, I rode that the week after the big accident."

Me: *slightly cringes*

Coworker 1: "I guess two cars ended up derailing..."

Me: *definitely cringes*

Coworker 1: "...And killing, like, 10-14 people."

Me: *counts capacity of two Arrow suspended coaster cars in head, groans internally*

Coworker 2: "Woah, really? When was that?"

Coworker 1: *pauses* "...I guess that would have been 1987 or 1988."

Me: *develops hemorrhage*

(It didn't actually tweak me that much, haha. I'm exaggerating. I don't exactly expect everyone in the world to know the precise life span of a short-lived prototype roller coaster from 30+ years ago.)

EDIT: Okay, so I guess this is technically a guest OUTSIDE the park saying a darnest thing, but I'm too lazy to drag up the appropriate topic. Sue me!

• Like 9

While in Line for The Eiffel Tower today, I was wearing my Son of Beast T-Shirt..

Op: "Hey Nice shirt!"

Me: "Thanks! Really wish it was still around. I was sorry to see it go"

Op: "Yeah I know, Well, Whats replacing it is gonna be awesome!"

Me: "Oh yeah? What have you Heard?"

Op: "Racer Mach 2 is opening in 2014. Its gonna be a racing Steel Coaster that will be almost 400 foot High"

Me: " Really?!?! Where did you hear that?"

Op: "Ive heard people talking.."

:wacko: Sounds Like the Dippin Dots Guy is up to his old tricks again.... :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Today at school, I had several people tell me Diamondback was 95mph and shorter than Son of Beast. The reason Diamondback was faster although it was shorter was because it was a "metal" coaster and "metal" coasters go faster than wooden. And Top Thrill Dragster is apparently 90ft. long and 150mph (yes, I said long, not tall).

You don't know how much I want to strangle some people (is that bad?).

There was much more but I forget.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

While in Line for The Eiffel Tower today, I was wearing my Son of Beast T-Shirt..

Op: "Hey Nice shirt!"

Me: "Thanks! Really wish it was still around. I was sorry to see it go"

Op: "Yeah I know, Well, Whats replacing it is gonna be awesome!"

Me: "Oh yeah? What have you Heard?"

Op: "Racer Mach 2 is opening in 2014. Its gonna be a racing Steel Coaster that will be almost 400 foot High"

Me: " Really?!?! Where did you hear that?"

Op: "Ive heard people talking.."

:wacko: Sounds Like the Dippin Dots Guy is up to his old tricks again.... :rolleyes:

Well, he might not be totally wrong. Heard rumors of a record breaker, but then again I think all of us have. Just a matter of what it actually ends up being.

While at Cedar Point this weekend in line for Corkscrew:

Them: "What ride is that?" (pointing to Millennium)

Me: "Millennium Force- it's a good ride."

Them: "This ride goes all the way over there?!?!"

Me: "This is Corkscrew, not Millennium."

Them, sheepishly: "Oh, ok" (leaves Corkscrew and takes of in a light jog to Millennium)

• Like 11

:rolleyes: Was she wearing a bikini top with a beer belly? :D

To quote Larry the Cable Guy, "Thats funny I dont care who you are!"

Are you giving yourself a self congratulatory quote post? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that!

• Like 4

:rolleyes: Was she wearing a bikini top with a beer belly? :D

To quote Larry the Cable Guy, "Thats funny I dont care who you are!"

Are you giving yourself a self congratulatory quote post? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that!

Good catch Snowman. Wait....now I have.

• Like 2

And if we still had "bring-a-friend-free" days, they'd be complaining about the horrendous crowds.

When I worked at The Beach in 2006, I can remember going up I-71 to 48 and coming back down to The Beach via local roads because of ridiculous lines at both exits to KI (yes, even the 741 exit was backed up - people were going there to avoid the even larger backup at the Western Row/KI Drive exit).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While On Backlot Stunt Coaster on Monday Morning..

Guy in Seat behind mine: "Oh Man That was Awesome!! I wish they would put the water back in!"

Me: "(Thinking this guy had some knowledge) Do you remember if there was an actual Spashdown on this like on Diamondback?"

Guy: " I dont think since its been Here. This RIde was moved here from Some park in Kentucky.."

Me: (Subconciously rolling my eyes) "Oh yeah? Which one, do you know?"

Guy: "Im Not Sure, I think some Park in Louisville.."

Me: "(Playing the Game) Oh, Kentucky Kingdom? I think The Vortex was Moved here from that park.."

Guy: "No, That was at Cedar Point before they moved it here..."

:wacko: .. I just Moaned and Walked away...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

"Is this The Beach?"

No, this is Patrick.

But in all seriousness, I once heard someone who insisted they rode the Batman ride at Kings Island that killed a bunch of people. I decided that convincing them that nobody ever died was a losing battle, so I tried to inform them that Six Flags owns the Batman license. They then insisted that Six Flags used to own Kings Island...

Though there ARE six flags atop the Coney Mall arch...

• Like 8

And the Six Flags official mascot unofficial song, We Like To Party used to be frequently played there, and the Six Flags dance party favorite Cotton Eyed Joe used to be a train regular.

In an effort to get even, Great Adventure used to play Paramount Gate Music on Dream Street until noon and featured Maverick's theme song about getting those doggies rollin' in Rolling Thunder's station.

• Like 3