Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

How did we get from accidentally referring to Lake Erie as the ocean to West Virginia being boring?

I personally found Camden Park to be quite an enjoyable place, and John Denver liked the state enough to mention it in what is likely his most well-known song...

How did we get from accidentally referring to Lake Erie as the ocean to West Virginia being boring?

I personally found Camden Park to be quite an enjoyable place, and John Denver liked the state enough to mention it in what is likely his most well-known song...

He needed the word West for rhythm purposes. The song is primarily about Virginia. Didn't stop the state and WVU from proudly adopting it.

At least the lyrics are not controversial, unlike, say My Old Kentucky Home or Carry Me Back To Old Virginny.

• Like 2

Camden park has a new ride its called the rattler, its a small version of Delirium. it made the 11 dollars I spent getting in seem worth it, going there actually has me back intrested in roller coasters again, so this sat im headed to KI, I got to ride Diamondback! thanks to youtube I can ride it lol

• Like 5

Walking out of flightdeck a little girl pointed to the SOB station and asked her mom what it was. Her mom said "Oh that's the in line concession stand for when the Flight Deck line gets really long."

In two visits this year, I have heard three different explanations of what SOB station is. One 8-9 year old boy told his friends it was The Beast's station, and when further questioned by an inquisitive friend he said "Well The Beast used to be over here but they had to move it because the land made it break". I also have heard "it's where they keep extra Flight Deck pieces" and "it's bathrooms that only open when the others are broken".

• Like 2

While watching a Diamondback POV, one of the comments said, "This is so f**king scary u crazy idiots. Don't be fooled by the video. When i was at Kings Island i saw dat huge 200 ft drop. U have 2 c it 2 belive it. Im 13 and me and my family have never ridden it and will never ride it. U can fall off easily cuz its not smooth at all. Itll make u dizzy."

• Like 5

While watching a Diamondback POV, one of the comments said, "

This is so f**king scary u crazy idiots. Don't be fooled by the video. When i was at Kings Island i saw dat huge 200 ft drop. U have 2 c it 2 belive it. Im 13 and me and my family have never ridden it and will never ride it. U can fall off easily cuz its not smooth at all. Itll make u dizzy."

My I.Q. dropped 10 points just reading this.

• Like 11

While watching a Diamondback POV, one of the comments said, "

This is so f**king scary u crazy idiots. Don't be fooled by the video. When i was at Kings Island i saw dat huge 200 ft drop. U have 2 c it 2 belive it. Im 13 and me and my family have never ridden it and will never ride it. U can fall off easily cuz its not smooth at all. Itll make u dizzy."

My I.Q. dropped 10 points just reading this.

And the sad realization is that this is what the world is becoming. Oh wait, I think I am required now to follow that up with LOL or LMBO or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Walking back from riding flightdeck the other day I heard a teenager ask her mom what the SOB old station was and she said she didn't know? I told them what it was and what it is now. Then as they kept walking in front of us I heard the mother tell the daughter how several people were injured and died on that ride so they had to tear it down. I just bit my tongue and released a yawn.

• Like 1

A couple years ago a rather obesed enthusiast was in line in front of me waiting to get into the park. He was dogging ttd claiming it sucked cause he got no airtime on the drop. I agree with him but called him out on there was no way he could have even gotten on the ride. After i called him out he then changed his story and said that was what is buddy told him.

• Like 6

Youngstud cannot stand when enthusiasts but into guests conversations with useless info. You know the enthusiasts that will go up to a hot girl in line and quote ride height, speed, duration, element names, etc.

Kind of like .....Coaster envy.....you know....whose got the biggest coaster?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Carowinds

People call the nighthawk so many stupid things.

Nightwalk

That one that flips you upside down (WHICH one that flips you upside down, there's four others that do that!)

The blue and yellow one

And then there's the intimidator.

"Let's go ride dat intimidata y'all"

"That one that's 400 feet tall"

And my neighbor, who has been to both Carowinds and Kings Dominion, is SURE that the tallest coaster in the world is at LEAST 500 feet tall. I don't even try to correct her anymore, she's very stubborn about it.

• Like 1

not new to this topic but a "confirmation"!, but on sunday while in The Beast line, a couple of teens informed me that their dad worked in maintenance and confirmed that Vortex is sinking "like 5 inches a year and used to be taller than Diamondback"

Ah yes, good ole 1816 - the last year Vortex had one up on Diamondback.

• Like 7

On My way up Eiffel Tower two weeks ago, an adult guest insisted that "they were building a wooden exact replica of Millenium Force". He pointed out the footers to me, and said "those footers are for a wooden coaster". I politely nodded, and walked away. I don't want to be the one to kill someones dreams.

• Like 6