Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

A couple favorites from the same person in line today, while waiting for WindSeeker:

"Cedar Point's WindSeeker is better. It's SO much taller."

followed by:

"They're building a wooden replica of Millennium Force where Son of Beast was. I can't wait to ride it"

I'm proud of myself, I kept my mouth shut. No need for me to crush their hopes and dreams now. Don will do that in just 7 days' time.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Person riding alone, sitting behind me on The Beast while waiting on the brake run:

"So what do you think they are building?"

Me: "Not sure, as long as it's fun I don't much care"

Person: "I bet they won't build another roller coaster there are already too many to ride in one day and Cedar Point has a lot so Kings Island shouldn't get another one, that would be dumb".

Me (very happy person couldn't see my face): "Hmmm you have a point".

• Like 9

A couple favorites from the same person in line today, while waiting for WindSeeker:

"Cedar Point's WindSeeker is better. It's SO much taller."

followed by:

"They're building a wooden replica of Millennium Force where Son of Beast was. I can't wait to ride it"

I'm proud of myself, I kept my mouth shut. No need for me to crush their hopes and dreams now. Don will do that in just 7 days' time.

This

• Like 6

http://abc22now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wkef_vid_15236.shtml

"Banshee"

"King's Island" (even though they were at the park last night, apparently they still can't spell the name right)

"Construction on the Banshee will begin this month"

I realize Dayton isn't a huge TV news market, and most people in that area won't notice the mistakes, but you'd think they could at least make sure everything is spelled/punctuated properly before doing the report.

• Like 8

Last night at the announcement, Greg Scheid was just starting his speech by going through the investments that CF has made since they took ownership of the park. Some idiot teenage kid behind me and to my right decided to heckle him by yelling "We don't need the backstory!" I just turned around, looked him in the eye and said "Seriously?" Grow up and show some respect!

And the same goes to those who booed when Mr. Scheid started talking about Dinosaurs Alive. I get that you may not like it, but it's a capital investment that is a nice family attraction. Sorry that DA didn't satisfy your constant need for a newer taller faster coaster every year, but the park needs to be diverse and have things that will draw in a variety of people, not just coaster crazies.

There are more appropriate places to express your displeasure than at a press conference/ride announcement with members of the media present. Isn't that what Al Gore invented the internets for?

• Like 17

DA was and is a very good investment! I actually like going into the quiet woods and viewing the well-crafted dinos. There's a certain peacefulness to it. Thankfully those disruptive, disrespectful smart alecs represented only about 1/2000th of the crowd, the overwhelming majority of which was more than cordial, and who seemed genuinely enthusiastic.

• Like 5

Not at Kings Island but at the Columbus Zoo yesterday I heard a very loud mouth mother telling her children multiple times " Look kids the Brown Bears are eating fishy crackers just like us". After she walks away an employee says, "those aren't fishy crackers, they're bits of sweet potatoes". As obnoxious as she was I couldn't blame him one bit for biting his tongue until she left.

"I think that one must be The Python" - at the top of Eiffel Tower yesterday afternoon - adult said it - couldn't tell if he was referring to Diamondback or Backlot Stunt Coaster.

"Those aren't real police cars, they're FAKE! The helicopter is FAKE!" - teenager referring to Backlot Stunt Coaster.

"I think they might use Son of Beast's old footers for Banshee" - someone obviously enthusiastic about coasters speculating about Banshee in line for Delirium.

And then there were the ride attendants -

At Beast, the ride announcer said it reached a top speed of 98 mph. At Delirium, the ride announcer said "thank you for riding Giant Frisbee!"

• Like 4

I was corrected for calling the Scrambler the Scrambler by the ride-op at the Columbus Zoo, apparently they put up a sign outside the ride calling the Scrambler the Dust Devil? I told the ride-op politely you should pay a bit more attention to the ride you operate, It is a Scrambler! My two year old is going to be confused why she can't ride it at Kings Island now, they have a 36" limit, so she could ride with big sister and myself. They had a blast smashing into old Dad. :P

• Like 6

Hey all. - I've been lurking since early spring when my family(wife and 3yr old daughter) bought gold passes for our first season at KI. I grew up around Camden Park which for whatever reason (the bucket of spare parts in the Big Dipper station could hold some significance)made me terrified of coasters as a kid but now this season I've gradually become obsessed with them you might say ;). Anywho.... Just to add to the thread finally...

In line for The Beast today I heard a guy behind me that said "Son of Beast was the first coaster that Paramount ever built.--

I rode it in 2010 and all my friends said it was the only wooden looping coaster in the world- I just walked up to the loop, pointed and said -nope it's steal".

Touché good friend, Touché

• Like 8