Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

at the park yesterday a couple of guys were talking about a seat belt coming loose and someone died last month at Cedar Point.

I knew that would happen. People are confusing the fatal Texas Giant accident with the non-fatal Shoot the Rapids accident.

Hey all. - I've been lurking since early spring when my family(wife and 3yr old daughter) bought gold passes for our first season at KI. I grew up around Camden Park which for whatever reason (the bucket of spare parts in the Big Dipper station could hold some significance)made me terrified of coasters as a kid but now this season I've gradually become obsessed with them you might say ;). Anywho.... Just to add to the thread finally...

In line for The Beast today I heard a guy behind me that said "Son of Beast was the first coaster that Paramount ever built.--

I rode it in 2010 and all my friends said it was the only wooden looping coaster in the world- I just walked up to the loop, pointed and said -nope it's steal".

Touché good friend, Touché

Technically, it was the first and only coaster Paramount built in house. And though the supports were steel, the loop's track was wooden which is just enough to consider the ride a wooden coaster.

While in line for Firehawk on Friday night I heard a early 20s late teens male tell a female guest "the hill is 220 ft ". She did not believe him and he persisted with this. At first I thought he was sarcastic but he then pointed to the sign that said "220 ft ahead" or whatever it says and assumed it referred to the rides height...

• Like 4

While looking at Don's latest tweet awhile back I saw that someone said that The Beast was going to be removed in order for Banshee to be built.

Didn't make any sense at all.

Edit: Don replied: The Beast is still there, giving thousands of thrilling rides every day!

• Like 1

I heard a man's kids ask what the upstop wheels were for, to which he promptly answered, "Roller coasters don't really need those, they're only there for safety."

In The Beast line another guy proudly explained how The Vortex was built on a swamp, and that it was slowly sinking. (How old is this rumor?)

• Like 5

We got in line for WWC on Sunday, and the wait time sign said 30 minutes. As soon as we got over the bridge though, I saw that the line was much longer than that. We decided to stay in line, but after 15 minutes and moving approximately 6 feet, we decided to get out of line. As we were walking back to the entrance, I heard this gem of a conversation:

Man 1: "The sign said it's gonna take an hour and a half!"

Man 2: "No it didn't! It said 90 minutes!"

(And yes, during our time in line they had changed the wait time sign from 30 to 90 minutes).

• Like 10

I heard a man's kids ask what the upstop wheels were for, to which he promptly answered, "Roller coasters don't really need those, they're only there for safety."

In The Beast line another guy proudly explained how The Vortex was built on a swamp, and that it was slowly sinking. (How old is this rumor?)

I'm wondering how he thinks there could be swampland in southwestern Ohio.

• Like 2