Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Invert Giga??

That sounds for once terrifying on a coaster

I'd totally ride it though...but wow...that'd be a thrill

If it were a B&M, YoungStud would still claim it was boring and forceless. If it were INTAMIN, you might never get to ride it.

Nice Terp, On a side note I feel like I should keep a recording of Kelso from That 70's Show.........BURN

• Like 1

Word on the street is that there was a "no pictures" rule in Madame Fatale's Box of Terror. Was this true even for the KIC'ers?

Yes, and the same for Wolf Pack. According to Don, there were so many people doing the tours that if they had allowed pictures, the lines would have been too long and they wouldn't have been able to get everyone through in a reasonable amount of time. They had to ban pictures to keep people moving.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 2

Overheard by my brother while he was on Drop Tower:

kids point at construction site: "that's where they are building Gatekeeper!"

Same kids point at high school baseball field/stadium: "Look!!! I think that's the Reds stadium!!"

There are just no words to express my shame in the intelligence of today's youth :P

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Not sure if I posted it here, but I have told people this story.

While riding The Beast, my train was climbing hill 1 slowly like always. I hear a guy behind me say to his friend, "Know I know why they call it the 'world's longest wooden coaster'!"

I was like he seriously did not just say that!

Speaking of slow lift hills... I know we all have heard that one person on Flight Deck who thinks it has broken down when it slows down on the lift.

• Like 1

This isn't really related to dumb things people said, but while we're on the topic of Flight Deck...

I rode it for the first time this past weekend (I'm still pretty new to riding most of the larger stuff due to previous squeamishness in general). I liked the speed, but couldn't help but think how much better it would have been had it been as long as The Bat.

A pretty thrilling ride overall, and I'd do it again...but the walk through the queue shouldn't take longer than the ride, IMO.

• 3 months later...

Last summer I was in line for Top Thrill, and my friend was talking about how she wanted a roll back, and this lady in front of us turned around and gave us this nasty look and said "You actually think that would happen? We would all die you know". Then I tried to explain to her that it had brakes in case it rolled back, but she still didn't believe me.

• Like 12

Last summer I was in line for Top Thrill, and my friend was talking about how she wanted a roll back, and this lady in front of us turned around and gave us this nasty look and said "You actually think that would happen? We would all die you know". Then I tried to explain to her that it had brakes in case it rolled back, but she still didn't believe me.

I like when you try to explain stuff to people and they either shrug it off or ignore the fact that (as in this case) the item in question is directly in front of them... Why do you think the metal breaks go up after the train launches....

• Like 5

I like when you try to explain stuff to people and they either shrug it off or ignore the fact that (as in this case) the item in question is directly in front of them... Why do you think the metal breaks go up after the train launches....

I know right. But let's be honest most people barely know the name of rides let alone notice the brakes. Especially people like her.

• Like 2