Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Some would argue that most Americans speak Spanish, others would agree with you on English. Though, way back when, most Cincinnatians spoke German!

By the way, Terp, your post, just please heavens no on the grammar, whatever kind of slang or hybrid it is!

• Like 2

Je n'avais pas une cedille sur ma ordinateur!

Ah ah ah. L'ordinateur no "ma". We do not possess our items in French in this type of sentence they are referred to as the computer not my computer. :) just a friendly correction.

I was waiting for someone to spot this out. I put it in there just to see when someone would spot out that small little thing, which I initially did put l'ordinateur bien sur.

BB1, saying the darnest things 24/7!

Just curious BB1 is English your first language? Not asking this to be mean but when I worked in the writing center at OU many foreign students made some of the mistakes I have seen here such as using "an" when "a" is appropriate and certain phrasings you use. I have also noticed you use French several times and while I have no idea if it is correct or not you seem fluent. Sorry for off topic discussion just curious and your phrasing specifically made me think of this. I think I may make a poll to see where people are from on these forums I find this interesting...

• Like 3

Just curious BB1 is English your first language? Not asking this to be mean but when I worked in the writing center at OU many foreign students made some of the mistakes I have seen here such as using "an" when "a" is appropriate and certain phrasings you use. I have also noticed you use French several times and while I have no idea if it is correct or not you seem fluent. Sorry for off topic discussion just curious and your phrasing specifically made me think of this.

You know, to be honest you're not the first person to ask that. Yes, English is my first language, and French is my second language. I use French in some of my posts due to the fact that many people use French to sound fancy and or have some sort of ethos added to their ethos. (See Ben Franklin)I have made some of the "a" and "an" mistakes as typos, usually when I am on a telephone of course(Larger fingers+tiny keyboard= a terrible time). Other than that, I use certain phrasings just to use them, I like olde Shakespearean English, and I like modern English. I like the proper English, but at the same time I use the American English.

You can also see me use Latin, German, and, occasionally, Norsk!

• Like 6

I must be too young. :/

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Some call me too young to know what I know, others call me an old man. Some say I was born in the wrong era, others say that I was born at the right time.

BB1, a hipster in his own way.

• Like 3

During my working days at the park, I was standing by Tower Drinks when a guest, who had a few too many alcoholic beverages, approached me and asked, "Where's the Eiffel Tower?" I said, "You just missed it! They took it back to Paris two weeks ago!" The guest cursed at himself for missing it... and then his day at the park ended shortly after.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Once I saw a KIC member, and I asked her if she knew BB1. She of course replied yes, which I began to go on how amazing he(I) was, later on, I told her that I was his friend and he was around here somewhere(Which I was, technically). Funny thing is, she believed it! :D

Who ever you are, you met the supreme BB1, who can be so elusive that you won't know he is right next to you! (Which has happened to many)

BB1, who tries to say the darnest things on here too.

• Like 5

I must be too young. :/

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I knew the reference, and that song predates me. So now I feel old.

I'm much too young to feel this darn old.

And the white line's getting longer and the saddle's getting cold......

.....Oh Wait....

You laugh, but honest to goodness, I actually do have a worn out tape of Chris LeDoux in my glove compartment, though I would hardly call it my friend.

But I have been known to pull my hat down tight and just LeDoux it.

• Like 7

Once I saw a KIC member, and I asked her if she knew BB1. She of course replied yes, which I began to go on how amazing he(I) was, later on, I told her that I was his friend and he was around here somewhere(Which I was, technically). Funny thing is, she believed it! :D

Who ever you are, you met the supreme BB1, who can be so elusive that you won't know he is right next to you! (Which has happened to many)

Did you also mention how humble you are?
  • Like 14

Did you also mention how humble you are?
You would be suprised with the way I post here occasionally.
  • Like 1