Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

A case of an employee saying the darnest thing... Around 1pm, on a rather busy day, a deer was running through the park, close to where Diamondback is now. A security officer happened to see this, keyed up his radio, and instead of asking for a park police officer or security supervisor, he asks for one of the firefighters. The firefighter's response was classic! "Is the deer on fire?" I went home with my face hurting from laughing at that visual!

Maybe this could be used for an idea for the next Halloween Haunt attraction?

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

Deer On Fire...

I'm going to start a band and we're going to be named "Deer On Fire!" :P

If you need someone to play the didge, call BB1, he is probably one of the few in the Tri-state who can!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Totally forgot to share this here - while working, a kid - 12 or so - came into the Banshee store and asked, "Is Banshee a water slide?"

Once he was gone and we respectfully told him no, I think we all died a little inside. A water slide...

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I was in line for Firehawk last year and a family from California behind us said, "I remember when Kings Island had Top Thrill Dragster. I rode it when I was a little boy." I was about to start laughing because one, the man was around 47ish so in no way would he have ridden it even if it was at KI, and two, because his son (around 10 or 11) asked his dad if they could go on Firehawk after this, even though they were in line for Firehawk.

• Like 11

You won't believe the things I hear at work there on a daily basis.

"Where is the Eiffel Tower?"

-No explanation needed.

A lot of people make this question seem really stupid, but in a way, it's a valid question. Most likely they're asking how they can get to it...

• Like 7

^You COULD tell them that it's in Paris. Or Doswell, VA. Or Las Vegas, NV. You wouldn't be lying to them.

I don't recommend doing so if you work at the park, however. Having a job is typically a good thing.

-Homestar92, who used the word "typically" because he has worked at Cracker Barrel.

• Like 10

Guys, I'm one of those people that says "The" before ride names. Also I sometimes don't capitalize titles. I'm so sorry. :blush:

I also get old names mixed up with new occasionally. Hehe, my friend will call Firehawk Firefox sometimes, not trying to be funny, it just comes out that way. :P

• Like 4

You'd be amazed..on Corkscrew, at crowd (turnstile) people ask that. Sitting in my chair looking, hmm, what do I see in front of me..

Sigh..you have no clue how much faith in humanity I lost there..

To get to Cedar Point, you have to cross the Ocean Erie then once there, make sure you ride Magnum Force. Easiest way to get there is take the train and get off at the second stop

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This past Sunday while waiting of Banshee, a girl in the neighboring switchback signals me and asks "Can I go ahead of her?" When I look at her with a puzzled look, she continues " I'd like to ride with you"-not sure if those were the exact words but they were something like that. I continued walking and ignored her. That was absolutely creepy.

• Like 6

A few guys behind me in line for Banshee were discussing Flight of Fear being down.

"But what caused the fires?" (At this point I was rolling my eyes about crappy news coverage and wanted to shout "there were no fires!")

Another one of the guys answered in a self-assured manner "they were running it too fast, to make the line move more quickly." He said it with such conviction, it ended their discussion, because the matter was resolved. If he was making it up on the spot rather than repeating bullcrap he heard somewhere, he should go into politics because even I thought for half a second "whoa, really?"

• Like 9

This past Sunday while waiting of Banshee, a girl in the neighboring switchback signals me and asks "Can I go ahead of her?" When I look at her with a puzzled look, she continues " I'd like to ride with you"-not sure if those were the exact words but they were something like that. I continued walking and ignored her. That was absolutely creepy.

Maybe she was flirting?

• Like 3

Maybe she was flirting?

An old fogie like me? I am sure I was old enough to be her father.

• Like 5