Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

guest exiting Banshee:

"you wanna know an even better ride? Magnum at Cedar Point. it has the biggest drop of any roller coaster and goes 86-90 mph."

If he directed his attention 70 degrees to the left, he would hopefully change his mind. (not saying that TTD has the biggest either)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This morning when I was waiting for Delirium some girls behind me were discussing Drop Tower.

"I only rode it once. Unwillingly. After I heard about that guy whose leg got chopped off, I'm like 'No thank you'.

Seriously, you're riding anything at a park you think is still running a ride that removed an entire limb? During normal operation no less?

• Like 3

At Coney Island on Thursday night, someone referred to the Super Round-Up as The Electric Rainbow. Electric Rainbow is the name of the smaller Round-Up formerly located at LeSourdsville Lake/Americana and now located at Strickers Grove (albeit minus its colorful panels, which for some reason are left sitting in a pile on the ground beneath the ride).

• Like 3

at the back gate waiting for ERT at Cedar Point a boy about 12 was giving his little sister a hard time mom told him to stop but he kept going . Dad said that thing on your wrist comes off as quick as it goes on . He was a good kid after that. I guess he believed dad. That thing was aFast Lane Plus.

• Like 9

Getting off Racer, I was walking behind a guy as he told his son "we'll ride Vortex next. It's a lot smoother than this one because it's steel and steel coasters are always smoother."

Edit: just now, coming down the elevator on ET, the ride op asked if anyone had any questions and a lady, while facing out the window towards Vortex, responded "when did they take out Vortex?" The look on the ride op's face was priceless. "They didn't, and you're looking right at it" she responded. I thought the lady might have been having one of those "moments" that I sometimes have and meant to say something else but accidently said "'Vortex" because she happened to be staring at Vortex, but this was not the case.

• Like 10

This past Sunday while waiting of Banshee, a girl in the neighboring switchback signals me and asks "Can I go ahead of her?" When I look at her with a puzzled look, she continues " I'd like to ride with you"-not sure if those were the exact words but they were something like that. I continued walking and ignored her. That was absolutely creepy.

Maybe she was flirting?

An old fogie like me? I am sure I was old enough to be her father.

Must be the Spell of Banshee- two teen girls almost shoved me and Stink over at the exit chasing this guy who kept yelling he was 18.