Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

2 recent ones: "if you fall off the raft on WWC, you'll be electrocuted as soon as you touch the water", and my new personal all-time favorite, "there used to just be one Racer, then they built the second one a few years later."

Well, to be fair, there are currently two coasters named "The Racer". One is in West Mifflin, PA and opened in 1927. Then a few (by which I mean almost 50...) years later, they built the other currently operating Racer at Kings Island. That MUST be what he meant, right? :rolleyes:

• Like 10

When I was riding The Bat, a guy mentioned to his girlfriend that he wondered why they decided to rebrand it as The Bat. I could tell from inflection he seemed to be wondering "why the name of a previously failed ride" more than "why rename it?" The self-assured know-it-all in front of him apparently missed that in his excitement to be able to show off his "knowledge." He turned and said "it's because Paramount sold the park, so they couldn't call it Top Gun anymore."

Neither I, nor the guy he was "explaining" to cared enough to correct him about the Flight Deck years.

• Like 10

In line for Adventure Express:

"This used to be called The Beatles: The Ride when this was owned by Disney and you went through Paul McCartney's head. But when the park switched owners to DreamWorks they changed it to Madagascar: The Ride but now that Kings Isle is owned by Universal it is called this, but next year they will change the name to The Beast."

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

In line for Diamondback:

"You know, this used to be 777 feet tall, but then it fell over in 2007, so they took the part that was still there and rounded it off, and downsized the rest of the ride as well and switched the name from Top Hill Dragsters to Diamondback."

Response: "You fell over in 2007!"

• Like 2

read the comment! I hope that isn't true

Having worked in a customer service position for years now, I've come to learn that people in general don't read signs these days, then come up with any excuse they can when they're inconvenienced by their failure to read - my favorite being "I'm not from here" or "I've never been here before". Who goes to an unfamiliar place without reading informational signs?

• Like 9

At Cedar Point on Friday and the guy next to me in line for Millennium Force tried to convince me of several things.

1: The name of the ride was Millennial Force.

2. "Millennial" Force has a bunch of loops in it.

3. It IS the tallest and fastest coaster in the world.

4. There was a fourth train but it "blew up" so they only have three now.

After 20 minutes of waiting i couldn't take it anymore and the guy wouldn't be quiet so i got out of line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Guest dtk1376

That's why I choose to generally keep to myself or the people I am with at the park, there tends to be some quite annoying people everywhere. That stinks that they were able to annoy you to the point that you gave up on riding the ride.

• Like 3

I was once walking on the path that connects Rivertown to The Eiffel Tower and I saw a man look up at Diamondback and say "Now that's The Beast, isn't it?" *facepalm*. It just amazes me how isolated from theme parks people can be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

read the comment! I hope that isn't true

Having worked in a customer service position for years now, I've come to learn that people in general don't read signs these days, then come up with any excuse they can when they're inconvenienced by their failure to read - my favorite being "I'm not from here" or "I've never been here before". Who goes to an unfamiliar place without reading informational signs?

Reminds me of a customer tonight....she came up to the service desk and said she was really frustrated because she called into the store and talked with someone in electronics who said we only had one of the toys she was looking for, so she got out of her PJs to run to the store to find that there were 11......she said she's frustrated because she was lied to and wanted a discount. Which made me chuckle.....but, why call in your PJs if you know there is a possibility that there may be a limited number of items you want? So I guess my "darnest thing said" is "well can I get a discount for being lied to and having to get dressed to come to the store?" haha.

I also love the, hey there's a sign here but I can't read it because it's my first time here excuses.

Side note....we need a people say the darnest things outside of the park thread.

• Like 6