Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

I was waiting in line for The Beast and this kid who looked about 12 tried to convince me that DB was the worlds tallest and fastest roller coaster.

I had a kid about that age in line for The Beast telling his dad that he remembered when Kings Island used to be Cedar Point but Disney bought it and moved it to Indiana.

• Like 9

Thanks, but that's more geared toward what people say about KI outside of the park. But from what the IndyGuy4KI posted:

Share your stories on what you hear, if you were able to break into their conversation, and if you were able to help them know the correct information.

I personally don't feel right posting about people from outside of the park talking about completely unrelated things to KI.

• Like 5

I personally don't feel right posting about people from outside of the park talking about completely unrelated things to KI.

If it's unbelievable enough, it qualifies for the "I Can't Make This Crap Up" thread. Otherwise you can toss it in the random discussion thread. :)

• Like 6

I was waiting in line for The Beast and this kid who looked about 12 tried to convince me that DB was the worlds tallest and fastest roller coaster.

I had a kid about that age in line for The Beast telling his dad that he remembered when Kings Island used to be Cedar Point but Disney bought it and moved it to Indiana.

I wish...

• Like 1

Overheard the following conversation behind me while in line for WindSeeker:

Dude, looking at The Racer - that looks like fun. Is that The Racer?

Friend - yeah.

Dude - what was it called before, like, when it went backwards?

Friend - it was still The Racer

Dude - oh it was the same?

Friend - yeah

Dude - huh. Why didn't they change it when it stopped going backward?

Lol I am amused :)

• Like 7

Heard this ome today.

Just when The Racer rolled back into the station a kid that was no older than 12 years old said: "This ride is bad@$$!". And his I would assume dad was sitting next to me on The Racer and all he said is "Where you hear that?" I was like I probably would of liked smacked my kid (if I ever/when I have kids)! The dad didn't say anything else or even say what he said firmly ‚ he said it as if he was the kids friend!

• Like 3

Some people don't take to kindly of physical discipline, especially in a public setting.

Those people should be smacked too. The lack of spanking these days is why so many kids are a*****es.

Or as a graphic that goes around Facebook occasionally puts it: "I was spanked as a kid. As a result I now suffer from a psychological condition known as 'Respect for Others'."

• Like 12

Guest dtk1376

That is a misconception that hitting your kids instantly puts them in line and makes them so great and respectful of others. I was never spanked and I am a normal functioning member of society with a full time job and no criminal history. My child has never been spanked and she is very well behaved, especially opposed to the kids I see with parents running after them smacking them on the rear end all through Kings Island. If that is how you choose to keep your child in line, so be it, it is not my place to decide how someone parent's their children and I don't expect someone to tell me I am raising my child incorrectly because they do it differently.

But to bring this conversation back on topic, I enjoy listening to some kids discuss their favorite rides, like saying that Surf Dog, Woodstock Express, etc is the best ride in the park. I just always think, "If y'all think that's the best ride in the park, just wait til a couple years". And no, not putting down those rides, Woodstock Express is still close to my top 10 of rides at any park I've visited just because of my own personal history with it.

• Like 3

In line for Adventure Express:

"This used to be called The Beatles: The Ride when this was owned by Disney and you went through Paul McCartney's head. But when the park switched owners to DreamWorks they changed it to Madagascar: The Ride but now that Kings Isle is owned by Universal it is called this, but next year they will change the name to The Beast."

Are you sure this actually happened or no...?

Sorry for double posting but I still can't quote correctly for some reason.

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

I agree, some of these do seem made up. Maybe I just don't listen to people around me enough because I've learned to zone out "the noise". lol

• Like 5

Some of mine are probably hard to believe but I assure you I heard them with my own ears. I wouldn't be so quick to accuse posters of lying on here.

The ones that sound fishy to me all come from the same user, which is not you.

jcgoble3, not saying anything else

• Like 3