Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Some of mine are probably hard to believe but I assure you I heard them with my own ears. I wouldn't be so quick to accuse posters of lying on here.

The ones that sound fishy to me all come from the same user, which is not you.

jcgoble3, not saying anything else

You will note...

...certain users...

...are no longer amongst us...

...and the place is better for it...

..,sad to say...

• Like 6

That is a misconception that hitting your kids instantly puts them in line and makes them so great and respectful of others. I was never spanked and I am a normal functioning member of society with a full time job and no criminal history. My child has never been spanked and she is very well behaved, especially opposed to the kids I see with parents running after them smacking them on the rear end all through Kings Island. If that is how you choose to keep your child in line, so be it, it is not my place to decide how someone parent's their children and I don't expect someone to tell me I am raising my child incorrectly because they do it differently.

But to bring this conversation back on topic, I enjoy listening to some kids discuss their favorite rides, like saying that Surf Dog, Woodstock Express, etc is the best ride in the park. I just always think, "If y'all think that's the best ride in the park, just wait til a couple years". And no, not putting down those rides, Woodstock Express is still close to my top 10 of rides at any park I've visited just because of my own personal history with it.

sorry to double post but spanking is not necessarily needed if you raise your kids not to be brats that constantly need to be spanked. I was spanked a couple times as a kid for some silly stuff I'd never do now, almost all of the times I was spanked I was hit in the head in public. I think the embarrasment helped me be a better person

• Like 2

I have a one year old. Only time I "spank" is when he messes with an electrical outlet, runs near the road, or messes with the stove. It's more a quick smack to te booty with a strong "no" because I don't want him to get hurt.

On Friday, I saw a dad allow his two teenage sons jump an squirt mustard packets by The Vortex diner. They would also spin the umbrellas pretty quickly. My teaching buddy and I almost said something to the dad but he looked like he lost the battle long ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Yesterday, I went in line for The Bat, and the line wasnt long as usual, but some guy said "Hey this ride must be bad, since the line is short." Then he got up and left. I hate it when tourists make judgements like that, I have always liked this coaster when it was Top Gun, Flight Deck, and now The Bat, so this kind of made me upset.

• Like 7

Guest dtk1376

The Bat is one of my favorite rides at Kings Island as well, I can remember back when it was Top Gun when almost the whole queue had to be used due to the popularity of the ride. Banshee though has probably greatly reduced the popularity of the ride since they are both hanging coasters (yes, I know it's not the technical term, but too lazy to look it up). I commented to a friend the other day that they should of renamed the ride as "Son of Banshee" due to it's proximity to the ride and being a hanging coaster.

Three from today, so far.

In line for Racer, one teenage girl explaining to another what The Beast is like: "it's like this (Racer) but longer, higher, more fast, more wooden."

In line for Diamondback, teenage guy behind me just after I saw a butterfly flutter lazily past: "that (expletive) butterfly nearly took my head off!"

During Cirque Imagine when the clowns were getting particularly chatty in French: "they're speaking Sims!"

• Like 11

I only know enough French to generally recognize that's what they're speaking. I catch a word or two here and there. Yet, I didn't recognize it was French until about the third time I saw the show.

I want to know what the one says during the "Nico?" scary part that sounds like "Clack! Clack! Clack! Je pousseau". I tried looking up a translation but couldn't find any spelling for the last word that made sense. I assume it means something like "I'm scared".

• Like 3

Guest dtk1376

In line for Racer, one teenage girl explaining to another what The Beast is like: "it's like this (Racer) but longer, higher, more fast, more wooden."

To be fair, she's not lying. :)

• Like 1

At Cedar Point on Friday and the guy next to me in line for Millennium Force tried to convince me of several things.

1: The name of the ride was Millennial Force.

2. "Millennial" Force has a bunch of loops in it.

3. It IS the tallest and fastest coaster in the world.

4. There was a fourth train but it "blew up" so they only have three now.

After 20 minutes of waiting i couldn't take it anymore and the guy wouldn't be quiet so i got out of line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate when my trains blow up.
  • Like 7

Guest dtk1376

I heard someone in line at Viking Fury yesterday say that Cincinnati is the most boring city ever. Obviously wrong, and definitely never been to North Dakota

• Like 6

I heard someone in line at Viking Fury yesterday say that Cincinnati is the most boring city ever. Obviously wrong, and definitely never been to North Dakota

Let's see here:

Boston has some old things and a harbor that had a wonderful tea time.

Los Angeles (or something) is the city of angels.

Denver is high. (Pun taken from an American Eagle shirt)

Chicago has some blood that was lost to the wind.

And Cincinnati is the Queen City, a major spot of commerce both in and around its region. As well, being the birthplace of the golden age of coasters with The Racer, and Kings Island. (Technically)

I think not.

• Like 1

My husband and I were in line for The Bat on Wednesday. We overheard two boys (looked to be about aged 10) discussing the ride. The cute little know-it-all was explaining that they had to change the name from Flight Deck to The Bat because of the big accident on it last year. "Yeah, and I was on the ride at the time! The back car flew right off the track and killed two kids! I was so scared. I was in the car in front of them!"

• Like 6

"His favorite roller coaster is Flight of Fear! That's the one that caught fire! But they rebuilt it! It's all new now!"

Even though she was talking to someone a seat away from her in the theater waiting for Cirque, imagine that delivered in all caps, because that's how she was shouting it behind me. I actually laughed when she got to the "rebuilding" but I don't think she noticed.

• Like 2

My husband and I were in line for The Bat on Wednesday. We overheard two boys (looked to be about aged 10) discussing the ride. The cute little know-it-all was explaining that they had to change the name from Flight Deck to The Bat because of the big accident on it last year. "Yeah, and I was on the ride at the time! The back car flew right off the track and killed two kids! I was so scared. I was in the car in front of them!"

Yes! Let's just hide all of our problems by changing the name.

Yes! Let's just hide all of our problems by changing the name.

I don't understand the "more wooden" part. They're both made mostly of wood. I suppose because it's larger, Beast has more wood, but I wouldn't call it "more wooden."

Well....for Beast to be longer, it needs more wood, so it kind of makes sense.

Then again, I'm trying to decode stuff from the GP, so that may be a problem in itself. :P

• Like 6