Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Lady in line for Flying Ace said next she was going to ride the tallest ride ever, Banshee. She quickly corrected herself that it was not necessarily the tallest ride ever, but at least the tallest ride in the park... try again, lady lol

• Like 5

Leaving the park, I overhead a man telling his family that Son of Beast was removed because it was so rough that one person died, two backs were broke, 3 necks were broke, and 15 concussions were given on the ride. His wife told him she thought it was removed because the park didn't like the ride experience. He told her if someone didn't die and all the backs/necks broke and concussions didn't happen, they would have happily kept the ride. She then just rolled her eyes at him!

• Like 4

I'm on the bus right now, on the way to Kings Island, and a guy was just complaining to the bus driver about his fastlane wristband. To the bus driver. Wow. People. Metro is not associated with Kings Island.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using tapatalk.

• Like 2

Is there some sort of pop-culture reference to pancakes or waffles that I haven't caught up on yet?

A few times through the season I've heard young people shout "pancakes!" or "waffles!" jubilantly during or after rides. One was a teenage girl in the brake run of The Racer who shouted like a little cheerleading chant: "Pancakes for breakfast! Pancakes! Pancakes! Pancakes and waffles!"

It was odd enough once, but that I've also heard similar things makes me think it's "a thing."

• Like 4

Did it sound something like:

Do you like waffles
Yeah we like waffles
Do you like pancakes
Yeah we like pancakes
Do you like french toast
Yeah we like french toast
Dodododo can't wait to get a mouth full waffles waffles waffles

I don't know if it is "thing" but there is a a million videos on UTube for this song, lol.

• Like 4

The chant of the girl was not at all like that, but that's an interesting precedent.

I think one of the incidents (the first, before I was realizing this was more than a one-off) may have been kids on The Monster singing that back and forth between different cars. I didn't hear that as clearly as the incident on The Racer, just noticed pancakes and waffles mentioned.

• Like 2

If we are debating pancakes vs. waffles, pancakes wins in my book because they seem to taste better than waffles. I remember my grandma used to make small pancakes that she called Silver Dollars (because they looked like Silver Dollars one would find on a beach) and they were great. Also, other people I know such as my parents and my friend make really good pancakes. On the other hand, I only eat frozen waffles that are usually made by Eggo or Kroger. :D

• Like 1

Belgian Waffles. YUCK!

Thin waffles like Waffle House. Yum.

McDonald's pancakes of old. Yum.

McDonald's pancakes nowadays. Yuck.

Pancakes my father made using Bisquick: Yum.

49'rs from Original Pancake House (flapjacks with no added yeast): Yum.

Real Maple Syrup (light): Yuck.

Real Maple Syrup (dark): Yum.

Log Cabin Syrup: Yum.

• Like 5

As I was leaving tonight, the vehicle was being towed f789e09ddd6d6c1bc348edac520608d6.jpg so I could see this was even more of a potential tragedy than I initially thought.

a3ac5158c400e869488d01e0f8da8d9c.jpgd243927922950ece272e0a12b27e450b.jpgb03454785acdb27b38cfdf33ffe5bcd1.jpg

There are several feet of deep gouges in the asphalt. So, I initially thought the driver hit the sign, knocked it over, and got wedged on the block. In fact, they seem to have hit it, and either dragged the block several feet before stopping, or pushed on until it finally disabled the vehicle. The forces involved suggest either high speeds (and I don't really see how someone could be going terribly fast entering the drop-off area) or intense acceleration: flooring the pedal.

I really hope the driver is ok, because a medical emergency is one of the ways I could see this potentially having happened. I don't think they'd have been injured in the actual event, though. There was no ambulance or sign of the driver when I first came upon the scene, so I don't know.

But, if anyone had been walking through at the time this happened (and there almost always is someone walking through there), they would have been seriously injured if not killed.

• Like 5