Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

• 2 months later...

Not really a "darnest thing" but someone in line for FOF was telling someone in detail about the electrical problems with the ride, i assumed it was someone from here or someone who works there because it sounded about right what the guy was saying from what I've heard.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well, I guess it all depends on if he likes inversions.

I saw that comment on Facebook earlier, CoasterOhio, and was tempted to reply, but I have learned over the years not to get into online arguments when I can help it. I must say, I personally prefer Cedar Fair's KI to Paramount's so far. Ruining the park, they definitely aren't.

• Like 8

My oldest nephew and I ran into one of his school friends at KI this summer. He ended up getting in line with us for Diamondback and told us that the ride cost $25 billion to make. Erm...not quite kiddo. I told him that it seemed a little high but he was convinced. Teaching moment! Pulled out my phone, did a quick search and showed him the right price of $22 million. One letter can make a big difference.

• Like 8

I was in line for Adventure Express when... Oh, who am I kidding, there were no guests. The darnest thing was that we had an entire train for two people. Sorry, still feeling special to have experienced that.

Okay, so imagine walking through the queue all the way into the station. Ride ops just standing around, you sit down, and they kinda send you on your way. With no other guests in sight. So unusual but so cool. :)

• Like 4

I was in line for Adventure Express when... Oh, who am I kidding, there were no guests. The darnest thing was that we had an entire train for two people. Sorry, still feeling special to have experienced that.

Okay, so imagine walking through the queue all the way into the station. Ride ops just standing around, you sit down, and they kinda send you on your way. With no other guests in sight. So unusual but so cool. :)

That's so cool! What day and time of day was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Look what I started back up :D xD

I saw that comment on Facebook earlier, CoasterOhio, and was tempted to reply, but I have learned over the years not to get into online arguments when I can help it. I must say, I personally prefer Cedar Fair's KI to Paramount's so far. Ruining the park, they definitely aren't.

Speaking of Online Arguments. I got into one about wether or not this year was the 43 or 44th season... it IS the 43 season, and there is math to back it up...

2015-1972 = 43 AND 2022 - 2015 = 7 and 43 + 7 = 50 years. SO YEAH IT's the 43rd season. and that guy didn't under stand it... He said the 1st year doesn't count. But that would make it 42....

Look what I started back up :D xD

I saw that comment on Facebook earlier, CoasterOhio, and was tempted to reply, but I have learned over the years not to get int online arguments when I can help it. I must say, I personally prefer Cedar Fair's KI to Paramount's so far. Ruining the park, they definitely aren't.

Speaking of Online Arguments. I got into one about wether or not this year was the 43 or 44th season... it IS the 43 season, and there is math to back it up..

2015-1972 = 43 AND 2022 - 2015 = 7 and 43 + 7 = 50 years. SO YEAH IT's the 43rd season. and that guy didn't under stand it... He said the 1st year doesn't count. But that would make it 42....

No, it isn't. 1973 was the second season. The first is year 0=1972, so you add one.

This is Kings Island's 44th season, though the park will soon be 43 years old.

• Like 2