Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

So I'm carrying around this green lemur prize won at the goblet toss. I needed an excuse to give it away to somebody. Waiting in line for Rivertown Coca-Cola Marketplace, a man was telling his daughters that people get on that big roller coaster (Diamondback) over by that water tower with the people on it.  In a classical midway-caller voice, I wanted to say "Winnah!" and hand the lemur off to the gentleman like Esiason-to-Woods and shuffle away into the madding crowds; but then that daydream quickly snapped back to reality, and I just chuckled a bit.

They were all in water park gear, so I assumed they came over on the train, and that  they've never seen that 'water tower' from the main entrance, with all the pretty fountains in front of it.

• Like 5

I was eating in Chick Fil A (not the Kings Island one) and some girls at the neighboring table were talking about how they are going to remove Drop Tower because a man was decapitated while riding it. I didn't interrupt because I thought it would be rude, but...yeah. That's Mason kids for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I was eating in Chick Fil A (not the Kings Island one) and some girls at the neighboring table were talking about how they are going to remove Drop Tower because a man was decapitated while riding it. I didn't interrupt because I thought it would be rude, but...yeah. That's Mason kids for you.

There is a People outside the park say the darnest things thread as well, but I can't seem to find it? (I know it exists for I created it,) but search is not working well for me right now and don't have time to dive into an advanced search.

Great IndyGuy! There's one more I just remembered from inside the park. A few years back, they weren't running the blue water slide on Thunder Falls at Soak City, and two girls were talking to each other about how the reason why it was closed was because people kept on seeing Missouri Jane riding down the slide. I don't know what it is about me overhearing weird things girls talk about KI.

• Like 7

A girl was trying to convince her friend to ride Lightening Run in the back row. According to her, the back row is much safer than the front as that is where stuff can happen to you.

In line for T3, a guy and girl unhooked the chain and stepped into the line, basically cutting half the line for the front row. No one else said anything so I spoke up (which I know will suprise at least one person here!), and simply said "The end of the line is over there." His response was to just shrug his shoulders and they stepped out and to the end of the line. Methinks they've pulled that before.

• Like 9

I've found that almost every time I go to KI, there's at least one group of people in the lines talking about the park and mistaking The Beast for Son of Beast. More often than not, this happens in the line for The Beast.

Edit: Double Post, mod deletion please.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two years ago at Haunt I was in line for Adventure Express, and someone asked a worker if Adventure Express used to be Son of Beast.

That has happened this year. It also amazes me how there's at least one person everyday who asks, "what's the name of this ride?" as if they didn't just walk under a huge sign that said "Adventure Express".

• Like 7
  • Haha 1