Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

There is a ladder to the top.

In the picture below look to the right.

283acfda3dd16bccf16512141d2f1742.jpg

Source: http://www.coaster-net.com/site-news/960-WindSeeker-construction-update-from-cp/

They may be able to climb onto the center portion of the gondola from the top and be able to secure themselves to the ride there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Source: http://www.coaster-net.com/site-news/960-WindSeeker-construction-update-from-cp/

They may be able to climb onto the center portion of the gondola from the top and be able to secure themselves to the ride there.

While moving? 

Without Ride Operators even noticing?

Without SECURITY even noticing?

It's more than likely impossible to get to the seat even while moving. Even if they managed to do so, someone on the ride would tell an operator. The ride would shut down (possibly This is more than likely a worst case scenario). Security would come (If they manage to stop the guy). They'd probably get charged with trespassing and get banned from the park. Not only that, but I think the way to get into the tower is locked by maintenance anyways.

• Like 4

It likely is possible to somehow stop the ride at the top and release the restraints, but transferring from a seat to the center of the tower would be extremely dangerous even with a harness, and I can't think of any reason why maintenance would ever need to do that.

• Like 2

While moving? 

Without Ride Operators even noticing?

Without SECURITY even noticing?

It's more than likely impossible to get to the seat even while moving. Even if they managed to do so, someone on the ride would tell an operator. The ride would shut down (possibly This is more than likely a worst case scenario). Security would come (If they manage to stop the guy). They'd probably get charged with trespassing and get banned from the park. Not only that, but I think the way to get into the tower is locked by maintenance anyways.

I was referencing Maintenance off of this post:

IndyGuy4KI 

On pass preview night a few girls were in line at The Beast. WindSeeker was cycling. One mentioned that she knew someone in maintenance and they worked on that ride. She proceeded to tel the other girl that there are stairs inside the ride and that they can climb them to perform work on the ride. Okay, I am assuming there are stairs inside. Then the conversation goes to left field. They sometime climb inside the tower and get on the ride and come down, or ride to the top and climb down the stairs.

To me the only way this might make any type of sense and get twisted, is if there in an elevator inside you can use to get to the top. I am not aware either way so I don't know if she got information twisted, or making things up. Probably going for the latter.

From my understanding the inside of the tower can only be accessed by maintenance and to park the gondola on top it would have to be in Maintenance Mode unless it had a fault already and got stuck up there temporarily. 

In no way was I talking about park guests.

• Like 5

At Drop Tower (i work there): "Is this ride fast?" also, "Is this ride tall?" *facepalms* and even "Does this ride drop?"

Also a large amount of guests ask me to "make it drop slower this time" or "make sure their feet wont get cut off" like sheesh, i'm not even in the drive box. 

Also, i'm not sure if I've posted this in the past, but its my favorite: 

At Flight of Fear:

Guest: "this ride rockets you off from zero to one hundred miles per hour in only one second!" 

Guest's friend: "Oh my gosh that is amazing how does it do that" 

Guest (in a matter of fact tone of voice): "It uses this thing called 'Laser Induction Modifiers' and it's invisible lasers that shoot at the back of the cart and push you really fast. 

• Like 16

0 to 100 in 1 second could probably kill someone. if they don't have their head against the headrest. :P

I surprisingly haven't heard anything yet. and I've worked at Banshee, AE and VF so far.

Actually, Dodonpa at Fuji Q Highland accelerates almost that fast. (108mph in 1.8 seconds)

• Like 4

0 to 100mph in 1 second would, if constant, be an acceleration of 146.7ft/sec²

For comparison..

Xcelerator is 52.3 ft/sec²

Top Thrill Dragster is 44ft/sec²

Dodonpa is 87.1 ft/sec²

*using rcdb launch stats.. whether they are correct or not..*

I think 0-100mph in a second may be damaging.. Anyone wanna calculate the G force from accelerations? :P

1 G is 32ft/s²... 4.6Gs from acceleration?? Wow.

• Like 9

0 to 100mph in 1 second would, if constant, be an acceleration of 146.7ft/sec²

For comparison..

Xcelerator is 52.3 ft/sec²

Top Thrill Dragster is 44ft/sec²

Dodonpa is 87.1 ft/sec²

*using rcdb launch stats.. whether they are correct or not..*

I think 0-100mph in a second may be damaging.. Anyone wanna calculate the G force from accelerations? :P

1 G is 32ft/s²... 4.6Gs from acceleration?? Wow.

Yeah this speed would result in at least a mild concussion.

• Like 1

This was from a family member years ago. We were watching a TV show or something about Kings Island and they start talking about Don.

It showed a picture of him, with hair, back about 30 years ago. Then it cut to a picture of Don as he is today with no hair.

Said family member exclaimed "I know how he became bald! It's from riding that Racer thousands and thousands of times!"

• Like 10

On pass preview night a few girls were in line at The Beast. WindSeeker was cycling. One mentioned that she knew someone in maintenance and they worked on that ride. She proceeded to tel the other girl that there are stairs inside the ride and that they can climb them to perform work on the ride. Okay, I am assuming there are stairs inside. Then the conversation goes to left field. They sometime climb inside the tower and get on the ride and come down, or ride to the top and climb down the stairs.

To me the only way this might make any type of sense and get twisted, is if there in an elevator inside you can use to get to the top. I am not aware either way so I don't know if she got information twisted, or making things up. Probably going for the latter.

When I read this, my first thought was that they would ride, not the swings, but the maintenance platform in the center of the gondola, like the workers in this image. There's a small "balcony" that goes all the way around.

windseeker_w5i7777.jpg

Indeed, next time you're on WindSeeker, look for streaks, smileys, or random squiggles fingered into the dust on the tower...caused by someone riding the platform up or down and holding their hands to the tower as they ascend or descend. I was flabbergasted the first time I saw it!

• Like 8

At Drop Tower (i work there): "Is this ride fast?" also, "Is this ride tall?" *facepalms* and even "Does this ride drop?"

Also a large amount of guests ask me to "make it drop slower this time" or "make sure their feet wont get cut off" like sheesh, i'm not even in the drive box.

Also, i'm not sure if I've posted this in the past, but its my favorite:

At Flight of Fear:

Guest: "this ride rockets you off from zero to one hundred miles per hour in only one second!"

Guest's friend: "Oh my gosh that is amazing how does it do that"

Guest (in a matter of fact tone of voice): "It uses this thing called 'Laser Induction Modifiers' and it's invisible lasers that shoot at the back of the cart and push you really fast.

Imagine being a KK Drop Tower operator (blah)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Waiting for Banshee I overheard some young people in front of me discussing Son of Beast after noticing its monument. Apparently it was taken out because people kept dying from it. One asked "head injuries and stuff?" To which the explainer said "I dunno, loose bolts and aggressive turns I guess."

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

While in line for Diamondback yesterday, we couldn't figure out why we were hearing a Selena Gomez song but seeing Jennifer Hudson on FunTV. A bit later, we heard another song getting louder. We realized that a guest had a speaker/boom box in his book bag. I guess that is one way to make sure you only hear music you like...and to share with the people around you.

• Like 4

In reference to The Beast:

"This coaster is made out of real wood, not that durex stuff!"

"This was the first wooden roller coaster."

"This is the tallest wooden roller coaster, wasn't this originally called Son of Beast?"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1