Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

While waiting in line to get in the park today I overhead this from obviously two people who went to same church.

"Well what are you doing here, how come you are not with your family at church?"

" I dunno, why aren't you at church?"

"Oh, it's dollar days. Jesus understands dollar days"

• Like 15

^ I thought Kings Island was daycare. Why else would they have have a drop off zone?

On a serious note does KI have an unattended age policy? I don't recall ever seeing one.

I do not beleive so and I do not want one at Kings Island. If they ever try to create a policy that is the same one that Tri-County Mall has, in my humble opinion, that would be outrageous...... Just because I am under 18 does not make me a hooligan who is going to cause trouble. Not everyone under 18 is going to KI because it is "Daycare", I go there all day because I want to have FUN, have memories, and while my parents may be working during that time, that does not mean I am there to cause trouble. 

• Like 8

At a dining location at Six Flags Great America this woman comes up with her son and his sandwich

"I said no ketchup! It's too spicy for him!"

And I'm just thinking, it's 80℅ sugar. Ain't nothing spicy about catsup"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I understand the sentiment but that's not quite right. I actually wish ketchup contained real sugar, Heinz for example chooses the far more nefarious high fructose corn syrup.

Next to tomato, most ketchup contains vinegar and while "spicy" may not be the best description it does give it that "tangy" flavor that some may refer to as spice for lack of a better word.

Whatever you want to call the flavor it is far to strong for some palates. I am the father of one that can't stand it.

• Like 1

At a dining location at Six Flags Great America this woman comes up with her son and his sandwich

"I said no ketchup! It's too spicy for him!"

And I'm just thinking, it's 80℅ sugar. Ain't nothing spicy about catsup"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And I thought my girlfriend was weird for thinking pepperoni is too spicy...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Easter Sunday, In Line for Mystic Timbers, Gentleman behind me...now I'm not judging or anything but he was wearing an RIP Mean Streak shirt, so I assumed he was a coaster fan...until he said "GCI is a brand new company, they've only ever built one coaster before this one and it's in europe. This is their first coaster in america."  My Face lol :huh:

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I will be honest. I love rollercoasters, but I know nothing about the companies who build them. 

What is really scary is when you meet an enthusiast that knows the names of all the engineers that work at said companies and where they worked prior.   Just slowly start backing away. :)

The only name i know is that Alan Shicke (or whatever) from RMC because everyone thinks he is up there with Einstein and Jesus and can't shut up about him. 

• Like 8

On 4/21/2008 at 4:21 PM, beastfan26 said:

We've All Heard Them! All Guests and visitors to KI aren't updated with the park (wink wink, nudge nudge). We've heard things that are soooooo stupid to say are true, we just HAVE to say Ok

Post the funniest/oddest/weirdest things that people say about KI

"They're tearing down The Vortex, it's too outdated"

"They put a loop on AE"

"Isn't that the ride where the people fell off the loop?" (Directed from SOB)

"Cedar Fair SUCKS SELL IT BACK TO PARAMOUNT!" (Hardy Har Har)

"WAIT?" "They are rebuilding Son of Beast?" (said from the lift of DBack looking at MT construction)

• Like 4

What is really scary is when you meet an enthusiast that knows the names of all the engineers that work at said companies and where they worked prior.   Just slowly start backing away.
The only name i know is that Alan Shicke (or whatever) from RMC because everyone thinks he is up there with Einstein and Jesus and can't shut up about him. 

Oh no I totally get that lol! But... what bugged me about it was he was telling other people in line this and they were like "oh really! That's cool they would take a chance on a small company" lol no one should be told false info lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

When a few of us were waiting to ride Vortex, a woman in front of us said this was the first ever roller coaster for two young boys she was with. We all looked at each other dumbfounded and then asked if she thought that was a good idea. 

I'm told that one of them actually passed out on the coaster, and we all felt bad imagining him ragdolling through the ride. That's a perfect example of how not to make a new coaster enthusiast I guess. 

On the other hand, we also saw a young woman get off Vortex, go puke in the bushes, then happily ask her friends if they wanted to go ride WindSeeker :) 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

When a few of us were waiting to ride Vortex, a woman in front of us said this was the first ever roller coaster for two young boys she was with. We all looked at each other dumbfounded and then asked if she thought that was a good idea. 

I'm told that one of them actually passed out on the coaster, and we all felt bad imagining him ragdolling through the ride. That's a perfect example of how not to make a new coaster enthusiast I guess. 

On the other hand, we also saw a young woman get off Vortex, go puke in the bushes, then happily ask her friends if they wanted to go ride WindSeeker :) 

When did that happen (if it happened this past weekend)? I know it didn't happen when I was there working, thankfully. :wacko:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok!

Also, saw a commercial for Cirque du Soliel's OvO show that is coming to Cincy and I was mesmerized; can't wait until Cirque comes back (and if things work out, I might be seeing OvO and Origins on back-to-back weekends!).

More on topic, I was on the brake run for The Bat one time (it was before the repaint) and some little kid behind me said "I liked it when we went upside-down!" IIRC, I was chuckled to myself in my seat.

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

Ok!

Also, saw a commercial for Cirque du Soliel's OvO show that is coming to Cincy and I was mesmerized; can't wait until Cirque comes back (and if things work out, I might be seeing OvO and Origins on back-to-back weekends!).

More on topic, I was on the brake run for The Bat one time (it was before the repaint) and some little kid behind me said "I liked it when we went upside-down!" IIRC, I was chuckled to myself in my seat.

Go to OvO and you may see a familiar face...just Imagine who it could be

• Like 1