Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

During my last trip to KI I was exiting Diamondback and a few people were using the gate to bypass the shop. Someone apparently took great offense to this and called one guy a cheater. He replied with "They should lock it then" 

The offended guy said that he probably cheats on his relationships too. Without missing a beat the "cheater's" wife/girlfriend responded with "How do you think we met!?" 

The offended guys wife/girlfriend starts laughing really hard and he is now quiet. 

I thought the whole thing was hilarious. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

While checking restraints on Vortex earlier tonight, one rider asked "Is this the ride with the shed?" (referring to Mysty's shed)

I didn't quite expect to be asked that, as I was wondered how this question had come to be as I politely answered saying that Mystic Timbers is the ride with The Shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While checking restraints on Vortex earlier tonight, one rider asked "Is this the ride with the shed?" (referring to Mysty's shed)

I didn't quite expect to be asked that, as I was wondered how this question had come to be as I politely answered saying that Mystic Timbers is the ride with The Shed.

Or maybe she thought of the other Arrow coaster

• Like 2

Before my fireworks ride on WindSeeker got underway, the gentleman next to whom I was seated claimed that when the original Bat was there (where Vortex is), 14 people were killed when two trains crashed into each other and the third flew off the track. I found it to be barely believable and he said "Go look it up on Google; it's there."

So I searched about it on Google, and I found...it's just a rumor and the original Bat had no injuries or fatalities in its three-four seasons of operation. Go search for yourself if you wish. :)  

It was crazy that he thought that the original Bat closed because of this rumor. But no, it was closed because of maintenance/design issues!!!!

Also, several riders on Vortex were telling me it was haunted. Yes, Kings Island is haunted, but Vortex particularly isn't...

• Like 3

While in line for Mystic Timbers, someone behind me claimed that Top Gun was torn down and replaced with Mystic Timbers. I wanted to tell her that Top Gun is still very much in operation but now know as The Bat, but I just thought nah. 

• Like 2