Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

18 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

While in line for Mystic Timbers, someone behind me claimed that Top Gun was torn down and replaced with Mystic Timbers. I wanted to tell her that Top Gun is still very much in operation but now know as The Bat, but I just thought nah. 

Smart move... When people 'know' things, nothing you can do or say will convince them otherwise...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

To be fair, WindSeeker, I believe was originally going to be placed to the right of it's current location (if you're looking at it walking down the midway toward it) behind Vortex's station drop.  So the gal wasn't too far off.

Interesting, Never knew that. Thanks for teaching me something new chugh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

To be fair, WindSeeker, I believe was originally going to be placed to the right of it's current location (if you're looking at it walking down the midway toward it) behind Vortex's station drop.  So the gal wasn't too far off.

I never knew that either! One really does learn something new every day. :) 

We really need something where Flight Commander used to be... I think parks of this size don't really have a marketable high capacity ride that would fit there.

WindSeeker would have been to large, and a lot of the smaller flats really wouldn't get anything out of the investment unless they are part of like a kids area retheme/addition.

I'm willing to bet we will see something back there whenever Vortex has given it's last ride. I'm also surprised they took out Action FX theater, but I guess it was causing a bit of a headache for maintenance.

8 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Well, it's not like you have to use what's already constructed there.  That's plenty of room for a decent size flat.  Look how big Flight Commander was in the first place. 

They could, I also think a lot of parks are scared of the newer flats as far as reliability goes. I've been out of the loop for awhile though, I was surprised to find out that so many Huss giants have already been being removed from parks.

^SIX is building Larson Loops left and right, FUN did the WindSeekers, Canada's Wonderland got Soaring Timbers this year, and there's probably more I'm not thinking of.

Point being- the big parks, including the chain parks, still build big flats.  

HUSS rides, particularly the giant stuff like the Giant Frisbees and Top Spins, have proven a bit unreliable.  However, there are other manufactures outside HUSS.  Mondial, despite the hardships with the WindSeekers, seem to be on the uptick. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Doesn't even need to be a big flat. I think Coney Mall is begging for something like a tilt-a-whirl on Flight Commander's pad. 

The problem is you can't really just market a tilt a whirl. They would want something with an obvious return on investment, and a simple small flat isn't going to help that.

13 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Earlier today, I saw a guest enter the parking lot while brushing their teeth. In their car. While pulling into an amusement park parking lot. And driving.

I have so many questions.

I worked parking lot security for a year (back when they hired people to attempt to direct traffic).  People do very, very strange things:)

• Like 3

When I first came out of the park after riding Mystic Timbers for the first time in June, I heard a mother tell her son that the ride in question was not Misty September (or something like that), but that it was called Mystic Timbers.

I think I got a smile out of that one.

• Like 3

It really bothers me that the area around Vortex and WindSeeker is so barren. Both of those are big draws and can get lines on crowded days. Adding something to Flight Commanders old footprint could help ease the lines on other rides. It doesn't have to be anything big and groundbreaking, I hear locals and tourists complain about the lack of moderate rides. I really think it stems from moving away from the "Old Coney" days.

I got another one saying that Vortex is sinking and that is why it was closed during the storms yesterday. I found this particularly funny this time as just about everything was shut down for the lightning.

• Like 3

WindSeeker's placement is a disaster!  Not sure what they'd do back there, it's already a mess.  I wish they would've put more thought into where they should place that thing.  Even if they wanted to do something with the old Action Theater building, I'm not sure how they'd get guests back there easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voicetek said:

WindSeeker's placement is a disaster!  Not sure what they'd do back there, it's already a mess.  I wish they would've put more thought into where they should place that thing.  Even if they wanted to do something with the old Action Theater building, I'm not sure how they'd get guests back there easily.

The same way they get people back there for Urgent Scare at Haunt? It's not an ideally situated path, but probably better than The Bat's. 

• Like 2

^True.  I just think it feels a little too crowded back there.  Perhaps my original description of "disaster" was a little overkill.  I just feel like things get a little too cramped back there and could have been laid out a little better maybe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...