Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Back in the year of 2012 when the structure of Son Beast was still standing much speculation was generated throughout the "GP" community. I overheard an older gentleman with his family discussing the tragedy in which Son of Beast inflicted onto an unlucky train of riders. He stated that "The train flew off the lift hill, this caused the riders to go flying into the parking lot killing hundreds of innocent onlookers." During that period I wasn't an avid enthusiast, however, I did possess common sense, resulting in myself to laugh out loud in cringing laughter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, PhantomTheater said:

^ are you sure it wasn't Kelly's or South Bass Island?

I was looking at the absolute edge of the horizon past any islands.   It was a super crystal clear day.  0 clouds. Also, it was only on Millennium Force and Power Tower (the smaller 200 footers like Magnum and Valravn it was still just water, that extra 50-100 ft helped). 

silver2005, who doesn't need glasses quite yet and is now furiously knocking on wood. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
We've All Heard Them! All Guests and visitors to KI aren't updated with the park (wink wink, nudge nudge). We've heard things that are soooooo stupid to say are true, we just HAVE to say Ok
Post the funniest/oddest/weirdest things that people say about KI
"They're tearing down The Vortex, it's too outdated"
"They put a loop on AE"
"Isn't that the ride where the people fell off the loop?" (Directed from SOB)
"Cedar Fair SUCKS SELL IT BACK TO PARAMOUNT!" (Hardy Har Har)

Omg don’t even get me started.

I was in line for Mystic Timbers with my boy Sam and this guy behind us said “did you know a guy died on this coaster a couple years back? He died on the loop in the shed.” I said; “bro are you kidding this ride was made like 8 months ago and the shed doesn’t have an inversion.” His reaction was hilarious when his face was redder then DB. gp crack me up sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 5 weeks later...

In line for Kraken at SWO: "Yeah, I don't think this goes upside down."

in line for Primeval Whirl at DAK while it was down: "It's broken because somebody got stuck upside down in a loop and died. It happens all the time."

Amd finally, this conversation with another lady that I had in line for Expedition Everest: 

Her: I live really close to a park called Carowinds! It has the tallest coaster in the world called... the Fury 306? I sat in the front cart once!

me: *internally dying* Yes... Fury 325 is amazing, isn't it?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 1/6/2018 at 10:55 AM, stashua123 said:

"Does a gold pass get two people in?"

Sure does. If you are pregnant,. 

On 1/6/2018 at 5:57 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Maybe they did not here all of the marketing for the ride. The tallest, fastest, Giga coaster in the world at Carowinds!  :)

CF sure does love their nuanced records.  

7 hours ago, stashua123 said:

"Is the log flume in Planet Snoopy open?"

- on a 4 DEGREE NIGHT. (I wish I could say it was joking but they sounded serious)

Well they could have run it if they added a ton of antifreeze to the water.    :rolleyes:

• Like 6

I got to be the greeter at Mystic Timbers a few times during the last week of WinterFest. I was so surprised at how many guests thought it was open. A few even ran to the entrance saying, "There's no line!!" Well of course there's no line; it's closed! :rolleyes:

The evidence that Mystic Timbers wasn't operating was quite obvious: no thematic music, dark station, lack of a train in the station, not a single associate working in the station, and the lack of noise from the lift hill, sound effects, and FunTVs. But for some, all of that was apparently not enough.  :lol:

One of the reasons could be because guests are used to seeing a greeter at the entrance, as there's always a greeter at Mystic's entrance when it's open.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Not a guest per se, but at work we brought up Kings Island and somehow Son of Beast came up.  I thought “oh here we go”, sure enough I wasn’t disappointed.  “My friend was there the day of the accident actually driving the ride, she said that it got stuck on the loop and people fell out of their seats and died”.  *Facepalm*. I’m 21 now and this guy is 1-2 years younger than me.  The major accident that ride had was 2006.  You do the math.  When I said “so where exactly did you get that story from?” He quickly responds “the news!”  I said “go ahead and find it cause that’s a bunch of bull”. He actually looked because he was convinced that was real, sure enough he couldn’t find anything remotely related to the events he described.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't tell you how many times that I hear guest, including my parents call Boo Blasters "Phantom of the Opera ride". While waiting in line for Boo during Winterfest my dad mentioned it again and even though I have a shirt with the ride logo of Phantom Theater they still are for sure that it was called Phantom of the opera at some point.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2017 at 11:00 AM, VortexBFForever said:

A couple of months ago I had to deal with one parent on Vortex whose son was crying and didn’t want to ride. I didn’t let him ride because I knew he didn’t want to ride, although the parent said that they were going to go home if he didn’t ride...and they had made a two hour drive to the park. I’m just glad I didn’t traumatize the young boy by putting him through an experience he wasn’t yet ready to face...and I didn’t know what the parent was thinking.

But I wouldn’t cut short an entire trip just because my child isn’t ready to ride a big ride. That’s not how an amusement park trip should work.

This is sad. As well as the other story shared. I'm a coaster fanatic. Always have been. I also like to race cars. I don't require that my 3 and 5 year old will be the same. My daughter (the 5 year old) is becoming a coaster nut. We started at 3 years old when we were at Disney World. We took her on the barn stormer after she stood and watched it for a few minutes and decided she wanted to give it a rip. She giggled the entire time on the first lap through, so I knew it was coming. "I wanna ride again daddy, take me again!!!!!" Indeed it did. So the second time around, I told her if she's going to be a roller coaster fanatic, she's going to have to learn to ride hands up, and boy did she! We found out she was tall enough for seven dwarves mine train, so that was the next coaster for her. Last summer we did Disney again, and she was tall enough for big thunder mountain and test track, so we rode those too. She was blown away by them. When we did KI last summer after Disney, I took her on what I'll affectionately know forever as Beastie. Between my wife and I riding with her, she made roughly 7 laps on that one. Her first lap was front seat, because you have to ride your first wood coaster in the front. Second ride, very back seat, gotta learn about air time on bunny hills. And then we had random rides otherwise. As she gets taller, I'll continue to take her on bigger and bigger coasters, but I'll never force anything on her that she's scared of, what the heck is the fun in that!?!?! 

And more so on topic, I'll add a "guests say the darndest things" of my own (as in, I'm horrible about doing this to people) "My favorite part of that ride was when it went upside down!!!!" Usually uttered when getting off of rides that, in fact, do NOT go upside down. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, OTTER9919 said:

Today at school my friends and I were talking about Kings Island and one of my friends said that someone died or fallen off of SOB,I was trying to argue with him that no one has ever died on SOB,but he wouldn’t listen

Although no one was ever killed on Son of Beast, there was a death related to preexisting health conditions.

From the Dayton Daily News 7/2/2009: "[Ohio Department of Agriculture] determined the ride was functioning properly in the four other incidents involving injuries, including a death in 2007 that occurred a day after a man exited the ride complaining of pain. The department said that two of those four cases were the result of a pre-exisiting health condition."

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 2:34 AM, stashua123 said:

"Is the log flume in Planet Snoopy open?"

- on a 4 DEGREE NIGHT. (I wish I could say it was joking but they sounded serious)

It would be funny if it was open for something like bobsledding 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Three weeks in and no posts here? 

Today getting off of Racer, 2 guys behind me say they want to ride The Beast. One of them see's AE coming off the ride and asks the other if that is The Beast. The other guys says, "no that is a ride called Adventure Mountain."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4