Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

• 2 weeks later...

'Does a gold pass get you in for free?"

Nooo... you just spent $137 on a brand new pass just to get charged admission everytime.

---------

I was directing guests to exit to the right this past Sunday due to the storm. Many guests just don't understand you have to go ALL the way to the right. So many were trying to cut through open admissions turnstiles and closed ones too! You should have heard my voice when redirecting. I sounded like a security guard haha.

One of them in particular did not like being directed to the right by me. And so.

She shouted... "COOOOOOOOOLLLL" and proceeded to leave.

Oh the darndest things.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

Earlier this week I saw a post on Facebook about Vortex’s little hiccup last Saturday and one of the comments went along the lines of “They’re getting everyone off because somebody fell out...”

:huh: 

The comments on the Kings Island Facebook posts make me irrationally angry.  Some people will complain about anything and some people are so dumb that I don't know how they survive day to day life.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

Earlier this week I saw a post on Facebook about Vortex’s little hiccup last Saturday and one of the comments went along the lines of “They’re getting everyone off because somebody fell out...”

:huh: 

But my friends' sisters' boyfriend SAW it...

And nothing you say can convince them otherwise...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Last night a ride operator on mystic said, oh they closed beast due to the fireworks when beast operator walked us over to mystic to make sure we rode due to a raccoon at beast, he still wouldn't believe us, guess not so much what he said but that he insisted it was due to the fireworks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

What is this I keep hearing about the mighty Beast being shut down over a freaking raccoon?  Unless said racoon’s name is Rocket this is just ridiculous.  Even Woodstock Express should have no problem easily dispatching a raccoon.  

They told us it's a liability and they cannot run it. My poor friend felt so bad that she said anything, but what can you do. They said that said raccoon shows up often and has but someone, which im not sure I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tera Ryzing said:

So they walked you to Mystic Timbers up the exit ramp to ride because of the raccoon.

“?”  Just a suggestion but a bit more proper grammar, maybe a tad less pithy, liberal use of emoticons and people may just start liking you around here.   It helps.   :D 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, harmony29 said:

Last night a ride operator on mystic said, oh they closed beast due to the fireworks when beast operator walked us over to mystic to make sure we rode due to a raccoon at beast, he still wouldn't believe us, guess not so much what he said but that he insisted it was due to the fireworks. 

To be fair, they do shut The Beast down for Fireworks at the end of the night....although I'm sure the raccoon didn't help things :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chugh43 said:

To be fair, they do shut The Beast down for Fireworks at the end of the night....although I'm sure the raccoon didn't help things :)

Oh yeah I know about the fireworks but that is at 945, this was 925 and it was the raccoon that it was shut down. I just found it funny that the ride ops from beast walked us over and spoke with the ride op, but he still swore it was the fireworks. If that was the case we never would have gotten right on the train when there were many people waiting to get on.

18 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

So they walked you to Mystic Timbers up the exit ramp to ride because of the raccoon.

Yes they did, I think because I had a ride pass and had waited 45 minutes to ride, we didn't ask for the ride to be shut down or to be walked to another ride, that's what they offered us and that once we were done at mystic to come check and see if beast was back up and when it was we would get right on. We did check back but it wasn't going to be back up until 1045 at the earliest because of the fireworks and the raccoon, we couldn't wait as we had a 2 hr drive home and dogs to take care of.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2018 at 2:34 AM, stashua123 said:

"Is the log flume in Planet Snoopy open?"

- on a 4 DEGREE NIGHT. (I wish I could say it was joking but they sounded serious)

On this same note, you know how irritated i get taking a day off work to go to Soak City only for it to be closed because of a light sprinkle?

It is 85 degrees outside, I don't care if there is a light rain, it is HOT, i want in the dang water.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stoan said:

On this same note, you know how irritated i get taking a day off work to go to Soak City only for it to be closed because of a light sprinkle?

It is 85 degrees outside, I don't care if there is a light rain, it is HOT, i want in the dang water.

And you're going to get wet anyway, so why should anybody care that it's raining?

Sadly, too many people are too stupid to realize that.

I'm still salty, and will forever be salty, about Tropical Storm Isaac in 2012 moving up the Gulf coast of Florida the day I was at Wet 'n Wild Orlando. The rain that Isaac's eastern edge dumped on Orlando (which wasn't very heavy, and came with no wind at all) resulted in Wet 'n Wild closing after one hour because they didn't get the required 50 people through the gate in that hour. I took the bus down I-Drive to Subway for lunch, and when I came out, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day for a waterpark, but no, people have to be idiots. And now Wet 'n Wild is closed forever, and I never got the chance to go back.

I am not saying it didn’t happen becuase I wasn’t there but if there is any electrical activity in the area they have to close and stay closed for 20-30 minutes after the last detected occurance.   Been at both CPS and SC with a moderate pour and they didn’t close.  Unfortunately in the summer rain without some detectable electrical activity is more the exception than the rule. Although I don’t know for a fact KI subscribes to a service that provides that information I am sure they do.  

Staying closed all day unless it is predicted to not let up is another matter.  I don’t mind getting shut down for an hour and half or so but beyond that kind of ruins the day.   Being 2.25 and 1.5 hours from the parks is one reason I really study several forecasts before I leave as it not just the time but $30 or so in gas that can get wasted.

• Like 1

Yesterday, in line for Vortex, a group of non-enthusiasts overhearing our conversation about the ride asked us about it sinking into the ground.

I held back my laughter. A bit disheartening to see that the rumor has spread beyond enthusiasts, but I was glad that I could dispel it for them!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, FoF96" said:

Should have pointed to the batwing and said “you aren’t supposed to say this out loud, but that used to be level with the rest of the ground!”

The twist however is that the top used to be level with the path. Vortex isn't sinking, however the entire rest of the park is sinking around Vortex. So really Vortex is getting taller.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 5/20/2018 at 11:10 PM, malem said:

Yesterday, in line for Vortex, a group of non-enthusiasts overhearing our conversation about the ride asked us about it sinking into the ground.

I held back my laughter. A bit disheartening to see that the rumor has spread beyond enthusiasts, but I was glad that I could dispel it for them!

I've had a LOT of non-enthusiast friends ask me about Vortex sinking.