Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

My son and I are on The Bat, sitting front row.  The family behind us had the matriarch as a know it all.  All through the ride, he is narrating the course, starting with him being really scared on the way up the "enormous"  lift hill. I paid it no heed, as I was laughing the whole time about it. 

On the way out, he was telling them it used to be called Top Gun, but they had to change the name as a sequel was in the works.  Biting my tongue, we followed behind.  They then decided they wanted to ride again.  At this point, I thought I would be the nice guy and tell them how to take the 1st left after they got off.  I was ignored.  I also mentioned the 2nd place.  Ignored again.  They walked all of the way out by Blackout and then back down.  I just shook my head and went on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

A guest got stopped at MT today for having a bag. When told he had to get a locker, he asked if he could just put it in the truck at the entrance. 

I have never heard that, but thought it was quite clever to think of and ask.

the most common question at Mystic:

Is this a water ride?

Can I put _____ in the truck?

Is this the Son of Beast?

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Saturday I was in line for Race For Your Life Charlie Brown and I lightly bumped this small girl on her head with my elbow. I immediately apologized and she said to me "It's not your fault it's my brother. He takes up all the room!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/4/2018 at 5:21 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Oh that’s good.  Official nickname as far as I am concerned.   I don’t think I will be able to ever call it anything else.  :lol:

To be fair, someone did record a Snoopy-themed parody of a Snoop Dogg song a while back:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In line for Firehawk, one person in the group was saying that they need to repaint it.  I mentioned that I would be happy if the camera were put back up.  He said "they wont do that, they are going to get rid of it".  I asked him how he knew this and he said some of the operators told him this.

I did not even bother to ask him why repaint it if they are going to get rid of it.

• Haha 5

My mother and sister came to the general consensus that Kings Dominion was a Six Flags park in Canada the other day.

I guess George Orwell was right when he said 2 plus 2 could equal five, or three, or six, because I didn't try correcting their conversation. I'd rather not be a know it all.

28 minutes ago, koasterkid said:

I think it's funny how the GP think AE is Son of Beast when they are on the Eiffel Tower. I'm pretty sure I hear that every time I'm up there. 

Yeah, for some reason or another, lots of people still don’t know that Son of Beast was ever removed. Heck, my dad still doesn’t know it’s gone, and he loves coasters as much as I do!

A couple of weeks while in the new Coney BBQ, someone points to The Racer and says to his friend "you know, that used to be the coaster at Coney Island, they tore it down and moved it here when the park opened"

Sometimes you learn the darndest things at KI

Heard this on The Beast last weekend and I happily corrected him

”tons of people died on Son of Beast”

And best part was,I had a conversation with him on the first lift hill because we were stopped in the first lift hill about 1/4 of the way up

I heard this when I was at the top of the Eiffel Tower by the same person:

"Oh, look! There's Snoopyville."

"I believe that's Son of Beast right there."

"The Son of Beast had loops in it." (With an "s")

"Actually that might be Woodstock Express."

"I'm pretty sure it's that. Lets get a map." 

Here's the view they were looking at:

20180712_174535.jpg

Assuming they were referring to Mystic Timbers. I hope...

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Saw something interesting yesterday.

A couple, mid 40's, got into a violent argument at the Coke refill station near Diamondback.  The woman insisted upon having a bite of the man's blue ice cream.  Annoyed, he offers it to her but kind of thrusts it in her face (rude, but no contact).  She bats it out of his hand onto the ground and then grabs his drink and throws it all over him before both of them storm off screaming at each other.

Based on what I heard, I can only assume that they were arguing over who loved America more: Kid Rock or Skynard. 

#ItsAmazingInHere

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

On 6/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, flightoffear1996 said:

Diamondback would be one crazy stand up coaster

It would be more terrifying than it already is (to me), but I'd ride in the front seat at least once.

-MDMC, not the biggest fan of Diamondback

• Like 1

Well I rode Vortex the other day and as I was getting off the group coming onto the train were talking about how its sunk over 3 inches. Best part was me and the closest ride op just looked at each other and laughed and shook our heads. The Vortex rumors are spreading lol

• Like 4

On the park's Instagram page, they posted a photo of The Woodstock Express, asking the public to guess its original name. Naturally, the majority said "The Beastie," wrongfully, but understandably. However, one user claimed its original name was "The Blue's Clues Adventure" while another simply said "Blue's Clues, Fairy Odd Parents, and Beastie." Blue's Clues?

Scrolling through it, my answer appears to be the only one that mentioned its original moniker, Scooby Doo. 

So, my wife and I got on DB this morning and the guy behind us sees my KI Central shirts and was like, "Hey, you're on KI Central?"  I said, "Yeah."  So after the ride as we are pulling into the station, he sees a couple of his friends waiting in line and points at me and says, "Hey!  This guy runs KI Central!"  My wife and I kind of laughed, I looked at him and said, "Um, no."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

I was on the Eiffel Tower yesterday and a guy points to AE and asks his wife if that was The Beast. I couldn’t help but laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coning off of Racer Sunday a kid pointed to AE, asking his dad if that was Mystic Timbers. Dad. "Yep." :wacko:

So, my wife and I got on DB this morning and the guy behind us sees my KI Central shirts and was like, "Hey, you're on KI Central?"  I said, "Yeah."  So after the ride as we are pulling into the station, he sees a couple of his friends waiting in line and points at me and says, "Hey!  This guy runs KI Central!"  My wife and I kind of laughed, I looked at him and said, "Um, no."

@chad_1138 Should I send you a pic of us admin to reference in the future? You can at least tell them my picture is on the home page right now. :lol:

• Haha 4