Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

I renewed my gold pass and my boyfriend's gold pass, and we went up on Sunday with another friend to use our free Fast Lane Pluses. I do not know how many, "get out of the exits" we heard while going through the FL line or complaints about us "not waiting in line like everyone else" when we had bracelets that said "Fast Lane PLUS"!!! 

On 10/21/2018 at 3:13 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

We saw a family taking turns laying down on the gravesite and taking pictures of each other yesterday. :(

I saw that same thing Oct. 6 when I was at Haunt.  This dad had his little daughters, probably around 6 and 8 years old if I had to guess.  They each had spooky outfits on and the dad was having them do different poses on the grave site.  

• Sad 1

On 10/26/2018 at 4:13 PM, LondonFreak said:

I renewed my gold pass and my boyfriend's gold pass, and we went up on Sunday with another friend to use our free Fast Lane Pluses. I do not know how many, "get out of the exits" we heard while going through the FL line or complaints about us "not waiting in line like everyone else" when we had bracelets that said "Fast Lane PLUS"!!! 

I have season Fast Lane and have never had anyone comment anything to my wife or I... 

used over 40 times... 

Only time anyone commented was to my 5 y/o girl who also has it and was riding the helicopter ride and it was a older lady trying to give my kid chit  saying she was in the wrong line and my wife put her in check quickly

On October 28, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Arrow said:

Oh boy, DaVideo. Always trying to advertise their glasses by replying to anything KI related.

"Maybe you should tell your friend Chad to find some new coasters he can actually find parts for when it breaks down all year???" This is a great example of how it doesn't require any thought nor education on a subject to have an opinion about it. 

Has this person ever posted here?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

A kid looked at the phone box display in the que for Diamondback and he said 

“Dang those cell phones are probably older than I am!”

He's not wrong. It's filled with old Nokias and Motorola flip phones older than ten years. :lol:

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 4:27 PM, MonteCristo said:

I saw that same thing Oct. 6 when I was at Haunt.  This dad had his little daughters, probably around 6 and 8 years old if I had to guess.  They each had spooky outfits on and the dad was having them do different poses on the grave site.  

It really annoys me when I see guest off the pathways.  The park build pathways for a reason.  

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

At school last week, my friend told me, "I'm sad because Disney World (Florida) closed their Tower of Terror (the one in California)."

I was quick to correct him. He was insistent for a few minutes before I politely asked him to look it up. A quick Google search proved my point, and he was relieved.

A few days later, he said, "Did you hear that Disney World might close their Tower of Terror because of Star Wars Land?" Can anyone confirm or deny that Tower of Terror in Florida will be closed and rethemed to fit in with Galaxy's Edge?

• Haha 2

On 2/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, MaxxForce said:

At school last week, my friend told me, "I'm sad because Disney World (Florida) closed their Tower of Terror (the one in California)."

I was quick to correct him. He was insistent for a few minutes before I politely asked him to look it up. A quick Google search proved my point, and he was relieved.

A few days later, he said, "Did you hear that Disney World might close their Tower of Terror because of Star Wars Land?" Can anyone confirm or deny that Tower of Terror in Florida will be closed and rethemed to fit in with Galaxy's Edge?

If I remember correctly most of the ToT's in other Disney parks are dropping the name and getting a re-theme. I thought I heard somewhere it has more to do with Disney not wanting to pay for the name rights anymore.

^ I don't know that that's true... The one in California did become Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, and it's rumored that the one in Paris will follow suit as part of their Marvel area. The other two seem to be safe, although Tokyo's doesn't actually use the Twilight Zone theme, if I remember correctly.

I'm sure there's a price involved in using the Twilight Zone IP, but I can't imagine it being that prohibitive for a company the size of Disney. They just built an expansive land based on a different IP that's not theirs (Pandora.) If they wanted out of the licensing fees, I'd sooner expect that all of the IP-using Towers of Terror would change simultaneously (or pretty close to it.)

• 2 weeks later...

At my home park (SFGAm) this past summer, I was on my way to Hurricane Harbor, and I heard 2 girls talking. I couldn't really make out what they were saying, even though they were right behind me. I could tell that they were talking about Raging Bull, and I'm sure the word "splashdown" at one point. That sounded really cool, until I heard the younger girl say that THE Raging Bull goes in the waterpark. Cringe. That wasn't the worst or most darnest thing I have heard, but I just wanted to post it because I thought it belongs here, especially the part about it having a splashdown AND going into the waterpark.

Another one.

The setting is SFGAm last year again. I was walking past Vertical Velocity with my dad and best friend, when I noticed a crowd watching it and muttering nervously. Since it was Fright Fest, I decided to play a spooky prank. As loudly as I could, I asked, "Wow, why aren't they running the other two trains?" Some people in the crowd turned to look at me, and I continued, "When Vertical Velocity opened, they ran 3 trains. They would launch each one after the previous train unloaded. But there was an accident on the last day of the 2002 season when the empty red train didn't stop and crashed into the empty green and yellow trains, destroying the green train and making a cut in the yellow train. Shortly afterwards, they closed the ride and repaired the trains, so they should be running all three and not just the yellow train." The look on the crowd's faces were priceless, and Dad had to hurry me away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...