Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

21 hours ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Not a guest but still found this funny. GMA stated Yukon Striker was the tallest, fastest, and longest coaster in the world. 

This is all over the place in regards to YS... It's because most people have no idea what a 'dive coaster' is... To us, it denotes something very specific, yet to them most coasters 'dive'...

• 1 month later...

While waiting in line for Mystic Timbers this morning, I had the most obnoxious group of guys behind me. They were loud, racist, making sexist comments about the (probably underage) girls in the line, shouting the N word, fatshaming people, talking about their "size," and one of them, the one who looked like he owns the "Free Candy" van from the other thread, was going on about how "sexy" he was. 

12 minutes ago, Joshua said:

While waiting in line for Mystic Timbers this morning, I had the most obnoxious group of guys behind me. They were loud, racist, making sexist comments about the (probably underage) girls in the line, shouting the N word, fatshaming people, talking about their "size," and one of them, the one who looked like he owns the "Free Candy" van from the other thread, was going on about how "sexy" he was. 

That's pretty chitty. people don't realize how stupid they look when they are trying to look cool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

I know we have a few both current and previous employees, would the park remove these guess if you were to report it to a ride operator? Just wondering.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:38 PM, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Guests with regular tickets in the morning 

: “Hey why do those guys get to go in the park early?”

*Referring to Goldpass holders*

Can gold passes get in early? I have one. Sorry for a stupid question, this is my first year back to KI since 1998.

ETA: the website says we get ride certain rides 30 minutes early. Does that mean we can get into the park earlier with our gold passes? I didn't know this was a perk!

10 hours ago, DonnaFan said:

Can gold passes get in early? I have one. Sorry for a stupid question, this is my first year back to KI since 1998.

ETA: the website says we get ride certain rides 30 minutes early. Does that mean we can get into the park earlier with our gold passes? I didn't know this was a perk!

Everybody enters the gates at same time, but once inside they rope off I street, but you'll be able to go through that to the ERT rides 30 minutes early

On 5/11/2019 at 7:01 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

Near the top of Drop Tower, one girl says “wow, it’s windy!”  The girl next to her says “when the wind lets up, it means it’s about to drop!”

Physics!

Wow.  This had me laughing,  people really do say the craziest things sometimes.  

On 5/11/2019 at 7:09 PM, silver2005 said:

I'm always  nervous on Drop Towers, and on KI's, I know its a 7 second delay from when it stops rising before it drops and try to count it out, which, I fail miserably most of the time.  

It's exactly 5 seconds from the click. I do wonder if they could program this to make it random.

• Like 1

I’d imagine they cannot change that as the “click” you are hearing is the mechanism starting to release.  It’s not a standard clamp like a paper clip style. It looks kind of like the rear window openers in Vans.  You can watch it engage at the bottom as it isn’t concealed.  Hydraulics push down from the catch car and appear to rotate something to engage to car.

I circled the mechanism that I’m talking about, it rotates before attaching and releasing.

7C7CD7B7-4003-4024-99A3-632516E21C01.jpeg

• Like 1

In line for Mystic Timbers, a guy I would say is in his early 40's overhears someone else say the ride was built in 2017. He proceeds to say "Why would they build a new roller coaster out of wood, I thought all new coasters were metal. Don't wood coasters rot and they have to rebuild them each year, that must be expensive!!"   Same guy later on in line for The Beast, "This one looks a little older, like maybe 10 years old, how often do you think they rebuild this?" 

• Haha 4

As I was exiting Vortex, I overheard a man say to his wife “that’s The Beast, I think, the big wooden coaster” while pointing at Vortex. Then, I guess noticing The Beast t-shirt I was wearing, asked me “so, this is the way to The Beast?” I shook my head and traced a large semi-circle to the left saying “no, you have to go waaay around that way”. He indicated an understanding I meant that path between juke box and SR&R but I’m not sure he recognized the giant looping steel monstrosity beside us wasn’t actually the coaster he was traveling to, yet...

I'm kinda used to people being a little sketchy about which coaster is which if they don’t visit often but he expressed enough knowledge of The Beast to make me wonder how he could confuse steel for wood like that...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

As I was exiting Vortex, I overheard a man say to his wife “that’s The Beast, I think, the big wooden coaster” while pointing at Vortex. Then, I guess noticing The Beast t-shirt I was wearing, asked me “so, this is the way to The Beast?” I shook my head and traced a large semi-circle to the left saying “no, you have to go waaay around that way”. He indicated an understanding I meant that path between juke box and SR&R but I’m not sure he recognized the giant looping steel monstrosity beside us wasn’t actually the coaster he was traveling to, yet...

I'm kinda used to people being a little sketchy about which coaster is which if they don’t visit often but he expressed enough knowledge of The Beast to make me wonder how he could confuse steel for wood like that...

Well, please understand, The Beast shattered records when it was built. It's was the worlds longest, tallest, fastest wooden coaster built of steel, with the most inversions of its time. Completely earth moving. LOL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Oh and I heard The Vortex is sinking rumor repeated again with a new twist. This particular teen girl said she was told that “every time it rains, The Vortex sinks”

Three decades of Ohio weather? It would be in the earth's core by now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Oh and I heard The Vortex is sinking rumor repeated again with a new twist. This particular teen girl said she was told that “every time it rains, The Vortex sinks”

They should hang a sign in The Vortex station I’m not sinking. 

Or have a sign on one of the supports like the water level gauges on the bridges and change it up everyone once in awhile to fuel the fire lol. 

Once the demise of Vortex is announced used that as the removal reason even though it’s not  

#longlivetex

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

They should hang a sign in The Vortex station I’m not sinking. 

Or have a sign on one of the supports like the water level gauges on the bridges and change it up everyone once in awhile to fuel the fire lol. 

Once the demise of Vortex is announced used that as the removal reason even though it’s not  

#longlivetex

Painting numbers with lines next to them on the side of one of the footers and then changing the numbers every once in a while would be an awesome troll. LOL

• 1 month later...

As I'm in line for MT, myself and my 2 kids were going to be the first group seated for the next train:

Line Separator - " How many in your party"

Me: - "there are 3 of us"

LS (To everyone behind me yelling) - Ok everyone, I need 1 more. Any single riders?!?  Anyone riding alone today, I need 1 single rider please to the front of the line!?!?

Guy behind me:  We've got 3 in my group!

Me: (Loses the little bit of faith I had left in humanity)- ………...

• Haha 2