Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

• 3 weeks later...

I was... um, I mean, Sam was... the host of Slaughterhouse on Saturday, counting out the groups and letting them in the door.  As she was going into the door, the last woman in a group asked Sam, "Didn't this building used to be Tomb Raider?"  Sam asked her back "Does this building really look tall enough to you?"

The guy at the front of the next group started laughing and Sam said "Just look at this building..." (pointing to Slaughterhouse) "...compared to THAT building!" (pointing to Madame Fatale's/The Crypt/Tomb Raider).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, XGatorHead 8904 said:

I was... um, I mean, Sam was... the host of Slaughterhouse on Saturday, counting out the groups and letting them in the door.  As she was going into the door, the last woman in a group asked Sam, "Didn't this building used to be Tomb Raider?"  Sam asked her back "Does this building really look tall enough to you?"

The guy at the front of the next group started laughing and Sam said "Just look at this building..." (pointing to Slaughterhouse) "...compared to THAT building!" (pointing to Madame Fatale's/The Crypt/Tomb Raider).

GP is evolving they are figuring their own comments out.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, Cmhornblessed said:

I've discovered that in the front, after dark with sunglasses on to make it totally dark makes AE a really great ride..

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

I really need to try this next season... I already love Adventure Express Night Rides and this may make them better! B)

I remembered another one from this past weekend: I / Sam the Butcher was letting groups into Slaughterhouse and a couple with two small children, about 3 and 5 years old, came up with the children wearing No Boo necklaces.  I told the mom, "Just to let you know, the No Boos aren't valid in the houses and you have to turn them off."  The mom proceeded to turn the daughter's No Boo off and told her "Don't worry, they won't scare you, they'll still be able to see it."  I told her "No, they WILL scare anyone who comes into the house, the No Boos don't work in there."  The mom then told the girl again "No, they won't scare you."  I let them in...

I said "Well, I warned them..." to the two groups of guests that were next in line in the regular and Fright Lane lines.  That then started a conversation between us about the No Boos.

We don't purposely target those with No Boos, we target everyone, but a lot of times we'll go easy on the little kids.  However, with the pop scares it can sometimes be impossible to tell who you're popping out at in a group.

Needless to say, the kids came out crying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, PilotDudeOG said:

Isnt dat de tallest n da world?

Well if it was 500 ft it would be but since it’s 300, it is defiantly not. I wasn’t gonna explain to those kids that they were off by 200 ft and spoil they’re day by looking like a know it all, but I still think it’s funny how dumb and misinformed people are. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

Well if it was 500 ft it would be but since it’s 300, it is defiantly not. I wasn’t gonna explain to those kids that they were off by 200 ft and spoil they’re day by looking like a know it all, but I still think it’s funny how dumb and misinformed people are. 

It might be funny how misinformed they are, but it's sad the way they're all in on that misinformation... Odds are you could have explained it and they'd think you were the one who was wrong... They'd rather not learn than appear wrong in front of their friends...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 4:07 PM, XGatorHead 8904 said:

I remembered another one from this past weekend: I / Sam the Butcher was letting groups into Slaughterhouse and a couple with two small children, about 3 and 5 years old, came up with the children wearing No Boo necklaces.  I told the mom, "Just to let you know, the No Boos aren't valid in the houses and you have to turn them off."  The mom proceeded to turn the daughter's No Boo off and told her "Don't worry, they won't scare you, they'll still be able to see it."  I told her "No, they WILL scare anyone who comes into the house, the No Boos don't work in there."  The mom then told the girl again "No, they won't scare you."  I let them in...

I said "Well, I warned them..." to the two groups of guests that were next in line in the regular and Fright Lane lines.  That then started a conversation between us about the No Boos.

We don't purposely target those with No Boos, we target everyone, but a lot of times we'll go easy on the little kids.  However, with the pop scares it can sometimes be impossible to tell who you're popping out at in a group.

Needless to say, the kids came out crying. 

Yeah, the few times I did interact with young kids, I tended to use my nice farmer voice (as opposed to yelling at them in my scarecrow voice). As a point of reference, this was when I was placed midway through the maze and I was scaring and giving directions.

EDIT: As a last note, that was my favorite spot,

Spoiler

at the end of the haybale room

as there were so many options. :D

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2021 at 1:24 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

BUMP**

Was taking pics of Invertigo earlier, and a lady walks up and asks me if that was the new Orion roller coaster. 

Please for the love of everything good tell me that you actually said yes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On opening weekend, while waiting in line for the Banshee queue to open, I heard someone say that they thought the  Delirium tower was part of Banshee. And then later while in line for Racer I saw some guests in line looking over towards Adventure Express, they said that was the old Vortex station. Since that was passholder weekend, I would think that they would know those things. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

This was at Cedar Point by the way

So I was in line for Steel Vengeance and this was my first ever visit to Cedar Point. I could see Corkscrew's lift hill, but since I was new, I didn't know what it was. So I asked my friend: "I wonder what ride's lift hill that is." And the kid that was in line next to me said: "That's Mean Streak's lift hill."

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Orion13 said:

This was at Cedar Point by the way

So I was in line for Steel Vengeance and this was my first ever visit to Cedar Point. I could see Corkscrew's lift hill, but since I was new, I didn't know what it was. So I asked my friend: "I wonder what ride's lift hill that is." And the kid that was in line next to me said: "That's Mean Streak's lift hill."

I am happy to be proven wrong but I really do not think you were seeing Corkscrew’s lift hill from Steel Vengeance’s queue.  

On 5/26/2021 at 12:45 PM, King Ding Dong said:

I am happy to be proven wrong but I really do not think you were seeing Corkscrew’s lift hill from Steel Vengeance’s queue.  

Maybe it wasn't from Steel Vengeance's queue. This was a few years ago.

• 11 months later...

So I forgot to post this from a few weeks ago. Over near the height/help center up front and a person A said: "We are going to go ride The Beast."  Person B: "It's not open yet. Person A: ok we will ride Son of Beast, is it open? Person B: No, (avoiding that question) The Beast is getting track work and won't open till May. Person A: OK

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Overheard a conversation this past Sunday that The Beast goes faster at night. The reasoning: because during fireworks maintenance turns down the trim brakes so they can get the rest of the line through faster.

Me hearing this: :huh: 

I wish, it would be like a dream come true! B)

one from Cedar Point:

"Yesterday I rode wicked twister and the person next to me FELL OUT and DIED… never riding a coaster again…"

in line for Diamondback opening day:

"How tall is this ride??"

"It's tall enough that you DIE at the bottom!!!"

"REALLY??? WHY IS IT OPEN?"

honorary mention to people who add "The" to every ride

The Flight of Fear

The Diamondback

The Orion

The Invertigo

The Adventure Express

The The Beast (I've heard it once!)

• Like 2