Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

The funniest thing I ever heard someone say at Kings Island was when I was standing outside the line for Mystic Timbers and some lady was on the phone with someone and she said, "You won't believe it! They replaced The Beast with this new ride called Mystic Timbers! Isn't that crazy?" I started laughing like crazy, and it made my day!

• Haha 7

Here's a comment I received on one of my videos:

"I’m from Wilmington Ohio.  I went to Kings Island once as a young man. The only coaster I can remember was called The Beast… you could ride it foreword or reverse… does anyone remember that?"

39 minutes ago, Klinktown said:

Working there in the 80s to early 90s I always found it funny when people would ask me what time it was. I would tell them the time and they would ask if that was Ohio time or Indiana time...

I can relate to that. Being from Indy (and not observing DST years ago) when someone would ask I would say, "local time or Indiana time."

• 3 weeks later...

I was up in the Eiffel Tower getting pictures of Adventure Port. These two guys that I'm assuming is not from around here, were talking to each other about where Vortex was. They were pointing towards Banshee and the Bat. It dawned on me that they assume the ride was still here and we're trying to figure out which one was Vortex.

I felt bad, so I broke the news to them about Vortex and showed them the plot of land where it used to be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I'm listening right now to a know it all telling people around us in line that Vortex was sinking and is why it was removed and he is adamant he is correct lol. He said a train flew off during preseason testing LOL.

I picture this kid from Polar Express every single time someone mentions someone giving random coaster "facts" to unsuspecting people in the queue lines.

7lsig2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

Walking from The Bat by the old SOB queue. A family are talking 

Guy 1: They used to have a coaster called King Cobra. It used to be where Diamondback is now.

Guy 2: Ummm, are you sure that is where it was? I thought it was over by Banshee.

Guy 1: oh yes, where Banshee is now. 

(OK, I will give them that one. Close"ish")

Another family over in front of Cargo Loco

Lady to another person: Pointing towards Extreme flyer, that is Slingshot. :o

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:02 AM, Klinktown said:

Working there in the 80s to early 90s I always found it funny when people would ask me what time it was. I would tell them the time and they would ask if that was Ohio time or Indiana time...

That was me!  Having originally been from Cincy as a kid, and then moving to Indy while still young, and all of my extended family still being in the Cincy area, we were always asking everyone(especially the local Cincinnati family) Cincy time or Indy time on our visits.  lol this post made me laugh! While we recognized that the posted park times were Cincy time, of course, this post just brought me back.  Glad good Ol' Mitch Daniels brought Daylight Savings time to us Hoosiers and now it is a non-issue :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last year, a guy in front of me was touching the left wall on the first helix tunnel, after about five seconds his hand hit a board and he pulled his hand back, he came off the ride with his left hand bleeding. I'm sure he's told everyone he's met since then that The Beast isn't safe.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ShedTreeBoi1 said:

Last year, a guy in front of me was touching the left wall on the first helix tunnel, after about five seconds his hand hit a board and he pulled his hand back, he came off the ride with his left hand bleeding. I'm sure he's told everyone he's met since then that The Beast isn't safe.

Let the foolhardy beware! Ignore the screaming...in the woods... everything is fine...

• Like 1

A couple of Saturdays ago while waiting for the front row on Banshee, some girl in front of me did not realize that the screaming coming from the top of the lift was not a live human, but a speaker. It took her way too long to realize this. I facepalmed so hard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a bit of a pattern on my last trip on coasters with lap bars where I would sit in front of girls with long hair and sometimes got hair in my face, particularly on Magnum.   Also rode in front of a lot of screaming girls (like high pitched and top of their lungs), my ears might still be ringing from my 2 days at CP.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone ever read Google reviews of parks for fun? Sometimes I like reading the negative ones just to humor myself on some of the ridiculous things people say. I recently read a negative review for Cedar Point and the individual was complaining that half the rides were not running and that they were upset because they had a group of students with them and such. The part that was funny was that they complained that the "Top Thrill ride wasn't even running" as if they didn't realize the ride is currently under construction( Signs and everything pointing to the new reimagined ride experience...) and couldn't even possibly run....let alone that is has been closed for two years <_< Sometimes I really wonder how some folks get out of bed in the morning and function in society...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh I've got some doozies from yesterday...these unfortunately were not necessarily funny as they were rude and uncalled for. First time in a looooooong time and first time all season I have had to deal with this level of interaction while by myself... 

1) Standing in line for the front row on Diamondback as a single rider, man behind me tells a random dude in the second row who also happens to be a single rider to "come on up and sit with this guy"....I was glad that was immediately turned down by that person but I honestly was irritated by this for a number of reasons. I don't mind making friendly acquaintances when I am alone at the park and if we vibe I don't mind sharing a ride, but if I have the option in the matter and I haven't had a chance to even say a word to a person...the answer will always be no. Not to mention the guy behind me thinking he could call the shots was just outright rude. Didn't even ask me how I felt about it.  

2) I wanted to go take a whirl on Invertigo but it was down at that moment. Decided while I was over in that area and while it wasn't crowded in any capacity I would go ahead and make use of the restroom. Now, as someone who often feels better when alone using the "family" or unisex single bathroom option when available, I saw the opportunity presented itself and went ahead to use it. Of course, not even a few seconds in, someone knocks on the door. Fine. Whatever. I was in there for less than two minutes when I opened the door to step out and some smart@$$ guy with his family had to make a remark to me in the likes of "you sure had a big family with ya all by yourself in there". At that point I couldn't help but snap back with "it's a public restroom and I am free to use it"...he went on again about something in regards to family and I just told him to pound sand. I don't normally let this kind of garbage get to me, but goodness sakes folks. Leave people alone. It's not like I was in there for an hour. Even if I was, you don't know what kind of situation was being dealt with. Just saying. Be kind. I went about my day and enjoyed it despite that uncalled for hostility.

Bonus for actual humor: While it wasn't anything that was said so much as something that was done, while waiting to ride Sol Spin, some gross kid in front of me kept taking his index finger, dipping it in the top of the bamboo and putting it in his mouth. I really wanted to tell him that if he was thirsty they give out free cups of water and you don't have to succumb to stagnant rain water sitting inside bamboo chutes <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...