JAHill

Guests Say The Darnest Things

Working Drop Tower, kid asks “Has someone died on this ride?” I reply, “No”. Another kid says “Yeah but someone has on is Son of Beast” and I promptly replied, “No, that’s also false”. They looked so confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily a say, but a do...

While I was driving Vortex during the last hour of operation today, I saw a puff of smoke (or vape?) come up from a train I was bringing in. For the first time ever, I spieled "Just a friendly reminder that smoking is not allowed on any ride here at Kings Island...yep, I saw that!"

The culprit had an "oops, you caught me" look as he exited. At least he was a good sport about it. :)

Did they ever have people dressed up in the fake houses around the train? A woman told her son that last night, I really didn't think that was true but until I moved to KY I hadn't been to KI since 1979.

1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Not inside them I don't think (there's not really insides to most) but they did use to have live performers early on. 

Yeah she specifically said inside and with them being facades I found that hard to believe. She said something else but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was and it was something good.

I always forget how fast TTD is until I ride it... when I rode it a few weeks ago,my first ride of the trip on it (on that Monday) was too instense! The second ride on Tuesday evening wasn't as bad.

4 minutes ago, stashua123 said:

"Can you give me the 5 dollars in change in quarters? I want to monopolize the white water canyon geysers" (unknown guest at my sales window)

Of course I obliged. ;)

Not sure 2 minutes constitutes a monopoly, but...been there, done that.

6 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Not a guest but a ride op...

We were riding AE last week and as we were pulling out of the station, the ride op said, "See you back here in about 2 minutes, unless we don't.  We lost a train last week."

What? They didn’t like us saying we lost train 3 when I worked there lol

This Saturday I overheard a kid tell his friends, when discussing where to sit on The Racer, that the Red Racer is always faster.  He had reasons and explained them but I didn't hear them. 

Smoother, maybe, but not faster:)