Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

I am surprised how many people are truely terrified of dying or being hurt on these rides, I mean, would they open it if they didn't think it was safe?

I've always said I feel safer in the seat of a coaster car then in my bed, I only get nervous because of hights.

i agree. and when i die i would like it to be on a coster. ;)

I am surprised how many people are truely terrified of dying or being hurt on these rides, I mean, would they open it if they didn't think it was safe?

I've always said I feel safer in the seat of a coaster car then in my bed, I only get nervous because of hights.

i agree. and when i die i would like it to be on a coster. ;)

Guest TombraiderTy

In line for Death Row, a group behind me was talking about all that Kings Island's Haunt had to offer when they mentioned there was a haunted club. I told them it was called Club Blood when one of the people in this group responded: "A haunted club? What do they play in there, the Monster Mash?" I just turned around at that :lol:

And leaving The Crypt, a group behind me looking at Diamondback: "Look at that! They're taking down one of the roller coasters!"

• Like 1

Dying of old age in my sleep on a coaster!

who could fall asleep on a coaster? o wait anyone could on one ceritn coaster *cough* AE *cough*

Excuse me. Slowly raises hand. Yes...me. On Rebel Yell. And I am told I stayed that way for two cycles. I was very, very tired that night...it was ERT, and I know that coaster like the back of my hand. They tell me I did, I don't remember the particular rides, so I accept their verdict.

Terpy, who has never fallen asleep on any ride at Great Adventure, Kings Island or any other park...except Paramount's Kings Dominion!

• Like 1

Today I went to KI to get my pass renewed, and I wondered back to DB to check out the construction and I can even list all the stupid comments I heard. My favorite by far was:

"yea it'll probably have a few loops, I mean look how tall it's going to be!"

Where's the logic in that? Height and loops are not related in any way. If anything, almost the opposite is true. Taller coasters are almost always inversion-less.

• Like 1

My friend Alex, that, coincidenly, recently moved here from Cinci, was watching the video renderings of Diamondback w/ me.

Alex: "What? No loops?"

Me: "No."

Alex: "Thats gay!"

Me: "Its gonna' make up for it in airtime and speed. Its gonna' be real smooth too!"

Alex: "I don't care! Its boring without any loops!"

Me: "Is Millenium Force boring, Alex?"

Alex: *drinks a gulp of Sunkist, and shuts up*

• Like 1

Dying of old age in my sleep on a coaster!

who could fall asleep on a coaster? o wait anyone could on one ceritn coaster *cough* AE *cough*

I could fall asleep on almost any coaster as long as i was tired. You spelled "ceritn" wrong by the way. Why does everyone 'dis' on AE? AE is great, im guessing you haven't ridden Cedar Creek Mine Ride or Dahlonega Mine Train?

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy
I also cannot stand it when people say someone died on Drop Tower. The sad thing is they refuse to be corrected.

That one makes a bit more sense, though, because someone died on a ride that has the same name at California's Great America.

There's also the "A girl lost her feet on Drop Zone" stuff... I blame Cincinnati Enquirer with the front-page "Drop Zone pending safety check"

Blame the Cincinnati Enquirer if it makes you happy, but its article was factual. The more correct place to put the blame would be on those who scanned the headline, did not read the article, heard something about a girl losing her feet at a park on a drop ride and put two and two together, incorrectly....and got Kings Island!

• Like 1

California's Great America? It was Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom which correct me if I'm wrong ran faulty or out of date parts on Superman Tower of Power, an Intamin G2 Drop Ride, and the girl lost her legs. And for saftey reasons Cedar Fair shut down their drop rides for saftey checks including Kings Islands Intamin G3 drop ride.

• Like 1

California's Great America? It was Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom which correct me if I'm wrong ran faulty or out of date parts on Superman Tower of Power, an Intamin G2 Drop Ride, and the girl lost her legs. And for saftey reasons Cedar Fair shut down their drop rides for saftey checks including Kings Islands Intamin G3 drop ride.

You are not correct. No one died on Superman: Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. There was a death at what was then Paramount's Great America on their Drop Zone, which is similar to the one at Carowinds.

I always read the posts on this topic and laughed out loud at most of them. I thought to myself "how have I not heard anything stupid from another park patron"? That is until yesterday! My son and I were riding the train and passing Boomerang Bay when the lady in front of us says to her husband (while pointing to the Awesome Aussie Twister slide) "look, there's the log flume"! I about laughed out loud...but having my 6 year old with me and trying to teach him that you should not laugh at others....I refrained!!

• Like 1

The death that occurred at Great America on the ride then known as Drop Zone occurred late in the season of 1999 (I believe around the middle to end of August). It was a small boy who some how slipped out and fell to his death. I believe he had autism, although I do not know what the official cause of that accident was.

After the incident, Kings Island`s Drop Zone was closed the rest of the season. That first season Drop Zone was open at Kings Island in 1999, there were no seat belts connected to the bars. The ride reopened in 2000 with new seat belts attached to the bars.

Guest TombraiderTy
Blame the Cincinnati Enquirer if it makes you happy, but its article was factual. The more correct place to put the blame would be on those who scanned the headline, did not read the article, heard something about a girl losing her feet at a park on a drop ride and put two and two together, incorrectly....and got Kings Island!

True, very true. Cincinnati Enquirer made no mistakes in that article, it was the peope who scanned it.

OK I'm sitting in my math class and this girl who is acting like she knows wayyyyyyyyy more than i do about KI she said"are you going to Halloween fest at KI i am" I'm like WHAT?? its call Halloween Haunt

"no they changed it, its Halloween Fest now" i start to think about it and i realize shes talking about

Hawl-o-fest instally i start to laugh ,she can go to Halo fest all she wants

the funny thing is she was already @ HH once:P

did she not see the BIG sign as u enter the Park that says Halloween Haunt:P

i luv when ppl act like they know what they r talking:P

i have some more but i cant remember :lol:

• Like 2