Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

I was on the break run on DB yesterday: Guy behind me talking to his buddy about splashdown, "I almost could reach the water, your arms are longer than mine I bet you can actually reach the water with your arms." (Me: Shaking my head, while I am about to reach for my phone to call Mr. Obvious.)

Ridding The Beast and guy behind me talking to his ride partner. "They took the loop out of SOB, because the loop was the mayor problem with the coaster." (I had to bite my tough hard on this one, for I don't like to insert myself into other's conversations.)

Ridding AE with CoastersRZ and Tom764534 in front car of the train. As we are leaving the station this crazy guy, (me) screams, It's an all KIC train! (We were the only ones ridding.)

• Like 1

I was riding on Diamondback and we were going up the first hill. The guy behind me yells "geesh, this is steeper than Millennium Force!" I couldn't help but think that can't be true. Needless to say I had to do some research to figure out the truth, but the answer is obvious.

• Like 1

There was one crazy guy on Diamondback yesterday. Once we got on the brake run, he's screaming and laughing. When we got off, he's still screaming and laughing. He was laughing nonstop for literally five minutes. :lol:

Lol the second time I rode Diamondback.. I seriously laughed hysterically the entire way through the coaster.. beginning to end... and pretty sure it took me a minute to compose myself after lol.

• Like 1

This morning on The Vortex loading platform, there was an impatient Father and young son waiting a couple of stalls next to my wife and I:

Son: "but dad, I want to ride The Vortex NOW!!"

Dad: "We will.... but we're going to ride this one first!"

You can't make this stuff up!!!!

You want to correct them, then you just think......WHY!!!

• Like 1

Three ~12-year-old boys are approaching Drop Tower. Middle boy (leader of the pack) says "this ride is lame. Let's go somewhere else." Other two boys instantly respond "okay." You could almost hear their thoughts ("Oh thank goodness. I didn't want to look like a wimp.")

My 10-year-old and I laughed about that all the way through the line (when of course she rode too). The fear is what makes the ride FUN. Drop Tower may be a lot of things, but lame it's not.

• Like 1

Sure isn't but you gotta be careful. That saying that too much of something is bad, comes into Drop Tower.

I swear I rode Drop Tower so much last year, that the drop didn't get any queasy feeling in my stomach and didn't get my adrenaline going. :(

That's what I got for putting my hands up every time I rode... So now I ride/ visit in moderation. So far so good. :)

• Like 1

This morning in the Flight Deck station, a woman who had to be around 200 pounds started to load in the car.

The shoulder harness was already down, so she proceeded to try to climb THROUGH the inside of the closed shoulder restraint. It didn't go well.

The station was full and everyone around her was lifting the restraints to get in, so it's not like there were plenty of proper coaster loading examples all around her.

Someone finally lifted the restraint for her.

• Like 1

I was just watching the webcam and noticed the trees moving from the wind. It reminded me of one I heard the other day I forgot to post.

Coming to the MCBR on DB. Man states to friend. "The wind is blowing really hard today, can you feel that breeze?"

This was a very calm day and as he stated this I was looking at the trees around us and did not see one of them swaying at all. I am pretty sure he was just getting more wind than usually due to ridding in the first car.

I honestly didn't think I'd have anything to post to this topic after our 1st visit to the park in over 6 years, however, there was someone in our party who was on a role as we were in line for Flight of Fear.

As we were discussing Flight Deck he says:

"Oh you mean Top Gun. So many people fell off that ride that my friends and I called it by a different name, but I won't tell you what it is in case you still want to ride it."

That beauty was followed up by this gem:

"The same thing happened on The Bat and now that ride is located at Cedar Point and is called Iron Dragon so I won't ride that when I go there either."

All I could do is roll my eyes and laugh to myself. Of course my immediate thought was, now I have something to post in Guests Say the Darndest Things. Is it a bad thing that I'm thinking of what to post to KIC while at the park...nope, not in my book!!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Riding Beast on Friday night I heard a kid say as we were ascending the second lift hill, "I think at the top you go down a hill into two loops." Poor kid mixed Vortex with Beast. It was funny though! His brother (I'm assuming) was like "You idiot the loops are over there on that steel coaster, this is wooden."

• Like 1

I honestly didn't think I'd have anything to post to this topic after our 1st visit to the park in over 6 years, however, there was someone in our party who was on a role as we were in line for Flight of Fear.

As we were discussing Flight Deck he says:

"Oh you mean Top Gun. So many people fell off that ride that my friends and I called it by a different name, but I won't tell you what it is in case you still want to ride it."

That beauty was followed up by this gem:

"The same thing happened on The Bat and now that ride is located at Cedar Point and is called Iron Dragon so I won't ride that when I go there either."

All I could do is roll my eyes and laugh to myself. Of course my immediate thought was, now I have something to post in Guests Say the Darndest Things. Is it a bad thing that I'm thinking of what to post to KIC while at the park...nope, not in my book!!!

I do the same thing, for that is how we roll! cool.gif

This is kind of along the lines of Guests DO The Darndest things. Me and Fighting31Irish were at Kings Island one day in late May and we got ready to board Drop Tower so we took our bags and hats and set them to the side and came back to see that there were 3 people in the seats that we were supposed to have. When we confronted them the lady said, "Oh, I didn't know what that number he gave us meant, were from out of town, how are we suppose to know." Same thing has happened to me on Delirium before as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were about to go into "club blood" and theres this like 12 year old in front of us and the guy letting us in asks him what he wants and the kid goes BOOBIES! the actor responds o theres lots of those in there.

Then when we left one of his 12ish year old buddies goes "i totally hit on all of them" im thinking yea im sure they want 12 year olds lol

• Like 1

OMG, I have the granddaddy of all "Guests Say The Darnest Things"! Yesterday, Sunday October 10, 10-10-10, I was walking through Planet Snoopy

and overheard a woman ask her husband, "Where is that boat ride through the Smurfs? I can't find it!" I almost lost it. I haven't heard one that good since

I heard a teenage girl 2 years ago proclaim that The Vortex was sinking! I guess the woman hadn't been to Kings Island in 20 years, or something. Just

thought that was funny!

• Like 3

this was on 10/8/10..waiting in line to get in the park you could see they were doing some test runs on Invertigo..this guy in front my fiance and myself said "i heard that someone jumped off Invertigo in the loop and landed all the way over here at the gates"

• 2 weeks later...

In line for DB yesterday, a young girl behind me says to a group of people behind her that DB was an 8 hour wait on its first day and that the line was all the way to the park entrance. I turned around and explained that I was there opening day of 2009 and that the line was no where near that long. I explained that although the line went around to the LaRosa's in Rivertown, a friend of mine got in line at that point and clocked it at 2 1/2 hours. I also advised her that I had ridden DB 6 times that day. She responded that she had just "heard" that the line was 8 hours long. Again, yet another example of how the public gets or gives out the wrong information about line waits.

• Like 1