Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

^^Wdyusma?

(That was my attempt at BB1's posts--Why do you use so many abbreviations?)

Wn? (Why not?)

The Terms of Service?

Respect for other posters?

Being sure you are actually communicating, not just posting when you don't have time to communicate?

Terp, who is selective about when/if/how he posts. Just imagine if he were not!

• Like 1

How about you all stop it and try and talk like actual [intelligent] human beings. You are the result of millions of years of evolutionary processes, so act like it.

That is funny! :lol:

I get a kick out of those that need to stand up, wave their hand, and tell us all "I told you so" when there were only two choices. Congrats! Please tell us how you don't want to say "I told you so" and in the same sentence, and then say "I told you so". What's next, saying you are going to give the silent treatment, by telling them? I love forums......

Have a nice day!

How about you all stop it and try and talk like actual [intelligent] human beings. You are the result of millions of years of evolutionary processes, so act like it.

That is funny! :lol:

I get a kick out of those that need to stand up, wave their hand, and tell us all "I told you so" when there were only two choices. Congrats! Please tell us how you don't want to say "I told you so" and in the same sentence, and then say "I told you so". What's next, saying you are going to give the silent treatment, by telling them? I love forums......

Have a nice day!

Just a quick question, is the bold part in response to what I said, or just that first bit about what I said being funny?

Cause...If it is about me, I saw no point where I waved my hand and said told you so.. :huh:

Terp, who is selective about when/if/how he posts. Just imagine if he were not!

I don't know about you, but I like it when you're not Selective about your posts. ;)

Also, to contribute to the thread at hand: as I discovered at Holiday World on last Thursday, the second-to-last turn on The Legend (meaning the one you pass just as you enter the station) will soon fall over as the train passes and kill the people waiting in line. The number of people ranting in line about how unsafe it looks was surprisingly high. I'll be the first to admit that the structure unnervingly flexes quite a bit at that point, but I've never heard that many people go on about how it was "about to break." (Fortunately for us, it didn't.)

An aside: it then proceeded to deliver some of the best Legend rides I've ever had. Easily the most intense coaster in the park that day, and the first time I've ever genuinely appreciated a PTC seatbelt. The ejector airtime in the last row coming down the large hill just before the underground tunnel was absolutely ridiculous, and it hurt more than the Magnum lapbar. Honest! Whatever they did to the Splashin' Safari turnaround (I suspect jetpacks) has that ride absolutely flying, a la The Beast track work this year. But I'll stop fanboying now.

I saw this on Bush Gardens Facebook page and just couldn't resist.

I tried to call and speak to someone about this but was put on hold and then cut off. So - my question is this - is it really necessary to have fireworks every single night, for over a month's time? It is obvious BG does not care about the locals with babies, elderly parents and pets who are frightened or kept awake by the noise every night. It is infuriating and frustrating. This throws my entire household into a tailspin every night, for three years in a row now. you love the tourists but do you even think of those of us who live here?

https://www.facebook.com/BuschGardens

Really you're complaining about fireworks? Is this what we as a country have come to?

Unfortunately that's nothing new, at least around here, I'm not sure how long BG has done them. KI gets a few complaints from locals every year about the fireworks. To that I say, helloooo.... You live near an amusement park that's been there since 1972, which has had fireworks since then, and more than likely your house/apartment/condo is a lot newer than the park. Chances are you knew about Kings Island when you moved into your residence, and your complaining about something that goes along with living that close to it? Wait five minutes... the big scary booms will be over.

We can hear KI's fireworks from our house, and my family and I love hearing them at 10:00 every night. It's a nice reminder that yes, it's summertime! :)

• Like 2

At White Water Canyon yesterday, a boat full of screaming teenage girls was coming by the water cannons. One of the guests who was soaking people on the ride said "If they scream, I'm going to get them!".

That sounds like something a Haunt person would say. Lol.

I saw this on Bush Gardens Facebook page and just couldn't resist.

I tried to call and speak to someone about this but was put on hold and then cut off. So - my question is this - is it really necessary to have fireworks every single night, for over a month's time? It is obvious BG does not care about the locals with babies, elderly parents and pets who are frightened or kept awake by the noise every night. It is infuriating and frustrating. This throws my entire household into a tailspin every night, for three years in a row now. you love the tourists but do you even think of those of us who live here?

https://www.facebook.com/BuschGardens

Really your complaining about fireworks? Is this what we as a country have come to?

Sounds like they need to talk to the county they both are in about the noise law. Not that it will matter to BG.

Guest 1: "So why'd they name it "Diamondback?"

Guest 2: "It's an out-and-back with 10 drops. "Dime & back.""

Guest 1: Oh.

.... :unsure:that actually sounded believable to me, but I've never heard how they came up with Diamondback's moniker.

That would work.

I got asked all the time last year during Haunt if my Haunt was scary. I told everyone who asked to go on though and see. And pointed them to where the entrance was. I won't tell people if it's scary or not cause it takes the fun out of it for the guests. It leaves them wondering.

• Like 1

People really go to bed at ten?

Yes. Some even at 9. You can get accustomed to the noise and sleep right through it.

And as others have said, at this point the park has been there a lot longer than virtually any of the nearby residences.

Terpy, often up by 4...it happens with age, and with certain positions. One of the other chiefs in my office is usually in the office each day by 2:56. A.M. Yeah. I know. Go figure.

* After going 10 feet back to the entry point of Tidal Wave Bay* "The waves are pushing us back"

"I cant believe that the guy yelled at me for getting in on the right side of the Action River!"

• Like 1

OK so i tried to post this a few days ago from my phone but obviously it did not connect or something. So my friend and i were leaving the dino movie we were right in between the two racers and the trains were within view. This girl who was behind us said to her friend "Lets go ride the white racer". I could understand her confusion but she was looking at the trains.

• Like 1