Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

If we're going with things our parents have said, I have a couple from my own (biological..) father.

Raptor: "That scary green thing!"

Top Thrill Dragster: "Your head will fly off!  See, your brother had to have his stitched back on."

Some parents are less encouraging that others, and this is the parent who brought us there..

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

At SeaWorld I heard guests refer to the pilot whales as "black belugas"

I can't even..... ._.

/facepalm

And then the Commerson's dolphins at Aquatica (Orlando) I heard guests refer to them as "baby shamus" (this was also really bad at SeaWorld Ohio as they had nearly the whole population of Commerson's there during the 90s)

• Like 10

While taking a short break during Coasting for Kids to visit with my family who was waiting for me in front of The Racer, I heard this gem: "I rode that when it was at Coney Island," referring to The Racer.

The person who said this: none other than my very own mother! :o

:o Did you correct her? :P

As soon as my mom said that, Mrs. Gator quickly turned her head and asked me, "Racer was at Coney?"  I shook my head no, and my mom just gave me that look that says "You don't know what you're talking about," so I quickly stopped.  Some battles are just not worth the effort! :lol:

• Like 11

I remember last year when a guy, who looked liked a bodybuilder, was freaking out because he said the Diamondback looked "too scary", so his girlfriend had to calm him down and eventually went on the ride.

(Diamondback was on Extreme Coaster Wars, I watched yesterday on my recordings.)

I know of a somewhat bodybuilder who hates "Diamondstack" ; he prefers the INTAMIN installations far more than the B&M.

BB1, just pointing out who it could be.

• Like 7

There was a little boy today named "Maverick" which I found interesting.

There was a different little boy who balked once he got inside the BBoBH castle and his dad was trying to convince him it was ok, and not scary. The boy got anxious about the sound effects of wind blowing and his dad said "it's ok... That's just... people screaming. It's not scary." He wasn't trying to joke when he said it, either :)

• Like 3

It amazes me how many times I'll be asked if AE is The Racer(s) once they get to the station. How do these people miss the giant Adventure Express sign that they pass right under? And how do they not realize the ride is not racing at all? 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

As I was getting off Viking Fury earlier, a lady was complaining to the ride ops because she thought the ride cycle was shorter than usual (even saying something like "we went two cycles fewer than usual"). I didn't pay much attention to the conversation and didn't stick around to see what happened, but I felt sorry for the employees who had to deal with her.

It amazes me how many times I'll be asked if AE is The Racer(s) once they get to the station. How do these people miss the giant Adventure Express sign that they pass right under? And how do they not realize the ride is not racing at all? 

If you think that is scary...I got a better one.

My last full season as an employee I approached this gentleman and his girlfriend over by Delirium when I saw him looking at the park map confused and then looking at Son of Beast, which was still operating, then he saw me (while he was pointing at SOB) "is that The Racer?"

I never could figure that out but then again I had someone ask for direction to Raptor while at KI several years before CF took over. (I thought he was referring to Reptar but nope...he was looking for Raptor)

• Like 8

If you think that is scary...I got a better one.

My last full season as an employee I approached this gentleman and his girlfriend over by Delirium when I saw him looking at the park map confused and then looking at Son of Beast, which was still operating, then he saw me (while he was pointing at SOB) "is that The Racer?"

I never could figure that out but then again I had someone ask for direction to Raptor while at KI several years before CF took over. (I thought he was referring to Reptar but nope...he was looking for Raptor)

Did you tell him to get in his car and driver several hours north to get to it?

• Like 6