Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Similar to @VortexBFForever's situation, I was working WindSeeker one day and I looked up and just saw a puff of vape smoke go out to the side from one of the seats... Thought it was a little amusing then told the driver to spiel about not smoking or vaping on rides. :P Also if I had a quarter for every time I've heard a guest say or ask something about Vortex sinking, I would probably have enough money to dig the thing out of the ground. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While we were getting lunch at Coney Smokehouse today a group of guests with souvenir cups in hand was hanging around outside the exit. As soon as we opened the door to head out after getting our food, they squeezed past us into the restaurant. I told them "This isn't an entrance" and they looked at me like I was crazy. Apparently walking through the line to get your souvenir cup refilled is too hard.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

While we were getting lunch at Coney Smokehouse today a group of guests with souvenir cups in hand was hanging around outside the exit. As soon as we opened the door to head out after getting our food, they squeezed past us into the restaurant. I told them "This isn't an entrance" and they looked at me like I was crazy. Apparently walking through the line to get your souvenir cup refilled is too hard.

As I have reported elsewhere, many people do that and skip the register and don't get the cup scanned, effectively bypassing the 15-min waiting period...

And in some places like International Street Skyline and Hanks and Chicken Shack, these people skipping the line actually slow down the entire line.  More times than i can remember, I have literally had food in hand heading to drink dispenser and 7-8 come in through exit and jump in front of me at drinks and avoid register all together...

• Like 2

I heard some guests talk about "Kings Dominion" while I was there yesterday. They were saying "Why have another park less than 20 minutes away from KI, and why is it they advertise alot of coasters when they dont have any." I later found out they got confused with "Kings Domain" off of 350 in the Little Miami River valley. I thought it was amusing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

I remember one guest talking to his friend while in the que for Boo Blasters and he said “Yeah they tore down Son of Beast and replaced it with Adventure Express!” 

I have seen people confuse AE for MT on more than one occasion.

• Haha 1

This guy who was with his family took 4 attempts to get past the metal detector. As many people know, metal will go off if you walk through a metal detector. This guy tried to walk through with a wallet, a cellphone, a huge set of keys, and bunch of coins. 

Each time it went off, he would only remove one of these. Apparently not understanding "remove cellphones, wallets, and other metal items". He asked, "Is it my underwear?" In attempt to be funny. Eventually he had everything out and it went off because of his belt, but he was good to move on. Before leaving he said, "I guess it was just my belt." Apparently he still didn't get what metal was.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

This is more of a did.  We got off The Racer just now and observed a family having their kids climb over the fence by the troll to get a picture with it.  I’m just thinking, “This is why we can’t have nice things.”

I have been saying the same thing as I watched people tromp all over the "graveside service" setup for Firehawk all during Haunt

• Like 1
  • Sad 1