Photo Trip Report Sunday 4/20/08

KIfan73

For years I've wanted to go to KI's opening day. When I woke up, I questioned my own sanity for having the thought of driving 75 miles, especially with the forecast. I'm REALLY glad I made the trip. I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves.

Overall, it was maybe one of the best trips, if not the best trip, I've made to KI. In a nutshell, I really felt like the park is being managed now. For years, even though I had fun at KI, it just felt like it was "there". Just kind of ran itself. I had friendly help everywhere I went. The girls in the shops (Emporium and Thrill Seekers) were especially nice, and even asked if I needed help. I never could understand why the service at KI couldn't even reach a McDonald's level. Well, I definitely think they're on the right track now.

I thought Cinnabon was a nice addition. I thought the park was really clean, and I appreciated all the new landscaping.

051.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

056.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

078.jpg

080.jpg

082.jpg

094.jpg

(1:00 show!)

By 4:00, I got a little tired of the rain (first time I've ever been in the rain at KI...wasn't that bad). Spent a little while in the shops before I left. I thought the new merchandise was pretty nice. I got a few things, including a puzzle. I think I'm going to frame it. Can't wait to go back!

Great pics. Something small that was driving me insane all day: The Racer's badge on its front sign is red on the left side and blue on the right, which is the exact opposite of the sides you enter for those colors.

That's really funny. That was the first thing that I noticed and it bugs me too!

Great pics. Something small that was driving me insane all day: The Racer's badge on its front sign is red on the left side and blue on the right, which is the exact opposite of the sides you enter for those colors.

Oh thanks for pointing that out! It's buggin me now too! :lol:

Yeah, and the storage bins in the stations are also on the wrong side now. They have the Blue on on the Red Side, and the Red one on the Blue side. I think they should have had The Red Racer on the old Forwards Side, and The Blue Racer on the old Backwards side. LOL!

Yep, count me into the number of people who noticed this and was annoyed by it. :lol:

. I had friendly help everywhere I went. The girls in the shops (Emporium and Thrill Seekers) were especially nice, and even asked if I needed help. I never could understand why the service at KI couldn't even reach a McDonald's level. Well, I definitely think they're on the right track now.

I noticed the friendly service as well. I heard a lot of employees say "How are you enjoying your trip today?" or "Have a great day at Kings Island!". When we went to Skyline for dinner the service was really good. A lot better than in the past years when we went to the Skyline in Coney Mall. All in all the workers seemed to be enjoying themselves! It might be a different story though come October...lol.

~Ash