TG's Opening Day TR

TOPGUN1993

I got to the front gate just at 9:00 and I end up being basically the only one up there. I stand inline at the gates for a good 10-15 mins before given access to end the park. Once inside the park I try my luck at The Beast Walkback, we left around 9:45 for our long trek back to The Beast. I ended up getting the 2nd train of the day in the front seat. I even rode with a member from the site, Great Ride. After Beast our small group of Adam, Brian and some other friends headed over to the Back Lot Stunt coaster. I was actually very impressed on how the changed the ride from IJ:ST to BL:SC (Rode Front Seat). We strolled down the midway to Vortex, I’ve been looking forward to this ride all off season. (Rode 7-1). We rode Shake Rattle & Roll and then decided to head over to Firehawk. After renting a locker we got in line and waited roughly 50 mins (Rode Front Seat). By this time it was starting to get warm so we got inline for Flight of Fear, the line started just outside the doors. But thankfully none of the queues were open. My ride was rather painful due to the fact my bar became really tight during the course of the ride(Rode Last Seat). I was pleased when I saw the flashes go off during the launch. I would rather buy a onride photo than a onride video on Flight of Fear. Red Racer was next on the list, it is so smooth I couldn’t believe it (Rode 5-2). Now we headed to Adventure Express on of my favorite coaster at the park (Rode 1-2). At this point we were hungry so we decided to check out festhaus. When we got there the country show had always began, and the place was packed we couldn’t even seen an open table and the line to get pizza was at least 15 min. A couple other friends and myself decided to find another place to eat due to the fact pizza was more expensive than last year. I suggested Outer Hanks, so went over there to check it out. I got the Chick Strips and French Fries for $7.99. IMO a fair price for Kings Island, it was very good and fries were great.

Blue Racer was up next but it didn’t ride the same as the Red Racer did (Rode 4-2). Son of Beast was still on the list so we headed over to Action Zone but SOB’s line was all the way down the ramp and inside the tunnel. So we got inline for TOPGUN instead. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but Flight Deck Sucked. The actual ride is great but everything else is horrible. There was no music or anything that made the ride look good. On our way out of TOPGUN we stopped and chatted with the AZ ride Manager on the TG observation out look, then I pointed out to him that there was to teenage boys walking around on the roads underneath Topgun. He quickly ran to the station and got the kids and I think ended up walking them to security. Eiffel Tower was next got a good look of the 2009 construction and the other changes around the park. We decided we should do the train before the end of the day so we rode it and I got some neat pictures of the construction. Beast had only about a 20-min. wait so I rode it in seat (1-2). After beast the little group went off to Avatar while I met up with PKIDelirium and we took pictures of the Rivertown Construction. Got inline for the train again and rode it. Then Don had a dumb idea of riding White Water Canyon. He rode solo and didn’t very wet so I thought to myself “what the heck”. So I joined him for a 2nd lap. Manily due to the fact the water sprayers weren’t on. We got Drenched on EVERY rapid…… my shoes were full of water and my sweat shirt weighted 20 pounds. At that time it was about 6:45 so we rode Wild Thornberry’s River Adventure because it wouldn’t matter because we were already dripping wet. Good ride but that elephant…lol. Don and myself walked over to Beast to say hello to Gabe & Cory but didn’t ride. At this point I was getting kind of uncomfortable being wet when it was sort of chilly out so we rode Shake rattle & roll in a attempt to get dried out. Then my mom met me at Starbucks and we went home. Ü

Here are some pictures from opening day.

1wwc.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

For more pictures Click Here

(I'm sure I made grammar mistakes so sorry lol)

Very nice. Were there really kids walking around under the Flight Deck area? Thats kind of shocking but with kids these days you never know what to expect. Great photo gallery. One one pic there is a waterfall, is that located in the old Paramount Story area?

Sounds like you had a great time with your friends, just by chance did you go into the bathroom between Rivertown and Nickelodeon Universe? I walked in and two guys where drenched and had their shirts off trying to dry them out while make negative comments about their friend who talked them into going around twice.